• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon US Removes Zelda Wii U Search Listings

Wanderer5

Yep. Go with Best Buy people (been saying that for a while) Their 20% off doesnt expire and I haven't had cancelation problems with them. The rewards points also add up when you have Gamers Club so you end up saving more.

Would GCU be worth it even if I only get retail games once in a while nowadays? That could change if I get a Switch sometime down the road, but PC is my main system currently so I mostly go digital on Steam and GMG. Beside Zelda this year, I might check out Fire Emblem Echoes and/or Ever Oasis.

I don't think I used best buy in a while actually heh.

Zips

My Amazon order has changed now to it being prepared, rather than "we'll get back to you", so that seems good.

Hoping to have this in hand by Friday evening...

Will there be no continued printing of that whole master edition thing? If I were getting a switch now I might have more seriously considered it, but it sucks to think I'll never have the chance for it.

Captain_Vyse

Neo Member
Would GCU be worth it even if I only get retail games once in a while nowadays? That could change if I get a Switch sometime down the road, but PC is my main system currently so I mostly go digital on Steam and GMG. Beside Zelda this year, I might check out Fire Emblem Echoes and/or Ever Oasis.

If you buy two new games in two years it basically pays for itself. PC is my main system as well, but I buy enough Nintendo games and PlayStation exclusives to justify it.

Wanderer5

If you buy two new games in two years it basically pays for itself. PC is my main system as well, but I buy enough Nintendo games and PlayStation exclusives to justify it.

Hm well looks like shipping is good too (or I can just go to the best buy near me). Yeah I can probably dig it.

Hm well looks like shipping is good too (or I can just go to the best buy near me). Yeah I can probably dig it.

If you have family and friends you trust, you could potentially go in and share an account. GCU is good for up to 3 copies of every game. In regards to pc games, alot of times that 20% off matches steam and gmg deals, only difference is you get a disc and box as well (that and maybe waiting a half day more).

Just finished chatting with Amazon customer service. Weren't very helpful. Pretty much just told me to wait until the release date to get an estimated shipping date. Retail it is.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Mine still says delivering on Friday and I have not received any email. I paid for mine with Amazon trade in credit so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Derkon

Still showing the 3rd for my delivery date, they also upgraded my strategy guide to release date delivery as well. Still holding out hope, don't want to lose my Prime savings lol.

koss424

yeah a couple days ago my amazon pre-order said it would be delivered on March 3rd. Now it says "we need more time to give an accurate date"

I better get this thing on the 3rd :\

kn1ves24

I pre-ordered mine for the Wii U on Amazon right after the original announcement for the game. Can't remember when that was, way before any of the Switch non-sense I know that. Mine's said it will be arriving March 31st for the better part of a month or more now. Just figured it was Amazon goofiness since the release date has changed a couple times.

What's the general consensus on situations like this? I'm assuming no one really knows. I pre-ordered another one from Best Buy just to be safe.

ffff really regret canceling my special edition of botw copy that i ordered with my switch. Fucking wish I never saw that bestbuy 100 get 25 off thread.

SScorpio

I mainly game on PC with some console exclusives here and there. But yes GCU is worth it. All of the big AAA games I've purchased for PC in the last year have been from Best Buy as it ended up being cheaper than buying them from Steam. All of them active on Steam, Origin, or uPlay anyways so there isn't much reason not to get it at the cheapest you can find.

Red

fSYlZAs.jpg

Anyone else seeing this?

Auron

Wouldn't be shocked if they start selling a version of the physical version (Switch and Wii U) that includes the Expansion Pass, but not by itself. I highly doubt Nintendo is undershipping Zelda.

Same for Gamestop.

I just preordered via Amazon but maybe I shouldn't have. I know Target has their Buy 2 get 1 coming up but I'm afraid two days after launch they won't have any copies left. I guess I could always buy a copy and keep it sealed and return it if Target does still have some on the 5th.

Glad I got Zelda and my controllers from Best Buy with all the shit that's been going down w/Amazon

now, my stand and extra charger, I ordered on Amazon. Guess what ain't coming until Feb 7th :-|

I'm betting that Amazon and Nintendo are back to not being friends anymore. Nintendo of America needs to stop fucking up. Amazon is one retailer you don't want to miss out on.

For those whom don't know; Amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware for about two years due to NOA.

Since around the start of the Wii-era NOA has become the absolute worst. The Switch being region free was huge because now those of us living in America don't necessarily have to suffer because NOA decided they weren't going to bring a fully translated game (thanks to NOE) stateside.

Since around the start of the Wii-era NOA has become the absolute worst. The Switch being region free was huge because now those of us living in America don't necessarily have to suffer because NOA decided they weren't going to bring a fully translated game (thanks to NOE) stateside.

There haven't been any major Nintendo games released in the past five years that have skipped North America. NoA has become infinitely better in that regard.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

It's $30 for two years.

It doesn't take very many games for it to pay for itself. Three $60 launch games is already $36 in savings and paying for itself.

If you don't buy at launch, it's 20% off all new games (not just first 2 weeks like Amazon Prime) and 10% off used games, so still save more than $30 easily within 2 years.

Cowie

I just preordered via Amazon but maybe I shouldn't have. I know Target has their Buy 2 get 1 coming up but I'm afraid two days after launch they won't have any copies left. I guess I could always buy a copy and keep it sealed and return it if Target does still have some on the 5th.

I believe the Target B2G1 deal specifically excludes Switch titles, so you won't have to worry on that front.

Torgo

Mine got changed to "we don't know" as well on Amazon, so I cancelled it and did in-store pickup at BB instead. Order is confirmed (so far)

We're planning on running both versions for comparison, so that would've kinda ruined the weekend if it didn't arrive.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Well I now have a pre-order setup with both Amazon and Best Buy(now as a backup). Best Buy says my game should be delivered on Thurs. Mar 2(!), while Amazon has no fucking idea what to tell me regarding my pre-order.

Basically, I have little faith I will have a copy of Breath of the Wild in my hands to play on Wii U this weekend.

I am however certain this is the absolute final time that I ever purchase a retail physical videogame in my life though. I mean the ONE and only videogame that I actually want a physical copy of is of course the one instance where I am literally at my wits end trying to ensure both the publisher and retail channels don't fuck it up. This hassle is never worth it(kudos to Best Buy if they actually deliver on their promise though). Nintendo of America can go fuck itself though.

tkscz

Am I the only one getting this game digitally on the Wii U? I see Amazon has digital for an option (but I'm getting it straight off the eShop).

The Lamp

Do you buy at least three $60 MSRP games every 2 years? Then the membership pays for itself.

I'm not convinced they are even pressing and shipping it at all....

The Gamestop where I pre-ordered it said I'd get a copy of the Wii U version, but he also said they are not getting very many at all.

The other guy there heard the Wii U thing and did that Bane/Wii U comment. He's all, "Wii u??".

Yep. Go with Best Buy people (been saying that for a while) Their 20% off doesnt expire and I haven't had cancelation problems with them. The rewards points also add up when you have Gamers Club so you end up saving more.

I don't buy enough disc based games to cover the cost. Zelda will probably be it for the year. I have prime already for other reasons and this really has only been an issue once.

SOME-MIST

not sure how the wii u version can be up for preorder again with a March 3 release date but my status for the wii u version is still pending even after having paid it off with amazon credit in December.

It really depends how infrequent you buy, but it doesn't take much for it to pay off. A perfect example was just a couple weeks ago with the Visa Checkout deal, you could preorder two $60 games for $36. Doing so means you paid for a year of the membership and you still saved more money than if you just had Amazon Prime alone. So I keep trying to tell people it still pays to have GCU even if you already pay for Prime. Without Prime, it already pays for itself without any additional deals after two games. So either way you save money. GCU is a no brainer unless you don't buy physical ever.

Top Bottom