• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon US Removes Zelda Wii U Search Listings

Persona7

Banned
not sure how the wii u version can be up for preorder again with a March 3 release date but my status for the wii u version is still pending even after having paid it off with amazon credit in December.

Status doesn't really mean anything until the item is shipped. I've had products never go beyond pending yet arrive on release day.

majik13

dammit, I just contacted Customer support to change the delivery address for my Switch and Zelda Switch. and told them Id like to change the address without it messing up my launch day delivery date.

Switch got changed fine. Then he did Zelda and it changed from March 3rd delivery to Delivery date pending.

Amazon Chat transcript:
Me: but delivery was confirmed for march 3rd just a moment ago before the address was changed

Agent: Don't be worried, as soon as the game is released it'll be delivered to you as per the release date.

Me: it releases march 3rd, and was listed for shipping on march 1st

Agent: There seems to be no inventory received by us for this item. The delivery date will be updated as soon as inventory is procured.

As per the delivery date provided it'll be delivered to you for sure.
If not please let us know we'll help you further.

Me: I only wanted to change the address if it was not going to mess up launch day delivery

Agent: Sir, there won't be any issues your order is perfect and it'll be delivered safely.

Me: on March 3rd?

Agent: Yes.

Me: thank you

Im not too hopeful, but yeah looks like they haven't received any Zelda inventory yet... But we will see. I could just pick it up somewhere else on launch day hopefully.

Wensih

So Amazon pages is listing the March 3rd release for the physical Wii U copy again, but my order still says Marh 31st.

MageBoySA

Just got an email from Amazon (came an hour ago, so while I was grocery shopping for food for work) that my Wii U Zelda will arrive Friday! Now I have to Finished H:ZD in 3 days while doing schoolwork.

J3ffro

My order got changed back from unknown to this Friday. I'm going to wait until I get shipping notification (the tracking page says that they anticipate it'll ship out tomorrow) before I cancel the order I placed with Best Buy.

DarkWish

My friend showed me his Amazon order and it says Zelda Wii U has been shipped and arrives Wednesday, so looks like he's getting the game two days early.

i-Jest

Wii U limited print run confirmed.

Nintendo is fulfilling a promise to realize the game on WiiU.

They don't actually want to sell lots and lots of Zelda on the discontinued system; they want to drive consumers to purchase their new system + Zelda, more.

So, if they can limit Zelda for WiiU - they can drive a more lucrative endeavor with Switch.

They promised to release the game to WiiU owners. They are.

They didn't promise to release lots of the game to WiiU owners.

End tin foil hat.

Personally, I don't expect the Wii U version to have a big print run going forward. With the low install base, and many migrating over to the new console, I wouldn't be surprised it ends up like Bayonetta Dual Disk. One print run and done. After that expect it to be a collectors item.

It's clear Nintendo wants to push the Switch version. The Wii U version seems more like a thank you to people who stuck with the Wii U for so long, and were anticipating this game.

Yukinari

Talked to customer service and they just said the usual that it will arrive by friday.

Havent gotten an email yet confirming shipment or denying it.

butalala

My Amazon order still says March 31st. I'm banking on Best Buy coming through for me for Friday now.

Has anyone threatened to cancel their Amazon order in CS chat and gotten it moved up to 3/3? I would consider that if it would be worthwhile.

Captain_Vyse

Neo Member
Happy to hear people's preorders are arriving on time. Amazon lost my business due to this fiasco, sticking with Best Buy from now on. Still can't get some new Blu-Rays from Amazon (Doctor Strange). Best Buy will be getting my business for Blu-Rays as well now.

Guevara

I'll never own a Wii U, but I kind of want to pick up this exclusive limited edition Zelda for my collection...

My Amazon order still says March 31st. I'm banking on Best Buy coming through for me for Friday now.

Has anyone threatened to cancel their Amazon order in CS chat and gotten it moved up to 3/3? I would consider that if it would be worthwhile.

My order never had a date at all, but I just got off the phone with a rep who said that it'll be here Friday guaranteed. Well, he didn't use the word guaranteed but he said "you can rest assured your order will be delivered on the day of release."

It's possible they had to do something on their end to make that so, I'm not sure. Worth talking to a rep though I think just to double check.

Turrican3

So, if they can limit Zelda for WiiU - they can drive a more lucrative endeavor with Switch.
The game is available in digital delivery format though, so this is a very different scenario compared to what happened in 2006 with Twilight Princess.

Basically, anyone who *really* wants to get the WiiU version is just a couple of clicks away from succeeding, no matter how little is the number of copies Nintendo is going to ship.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Amazon just sent me an email updating my new estimated delivery date to Tues. Mar 7.

I still also have a BestBuy order in hoping for Friday delivery, but won't cancel with Amazon until they confirm and process. I am feeling like I won't be playing Zelda on Wii U this weekend unless I go digital.

muteki

I just got a mail saying my WiiU Zelda pre order I put in a couple days ago now has a delivery date of the 7th of March.

I don't think I'm going to fight it as I just have way too many games going on at the moment, but not too bad for a last minute preorder.

The game is available in digital delivery format though, so this is a very different scenario compared to what happened in 2006 with Twilight Princess.

Basically, anyone who *really* wants to get the WiiU version is just a couple of clicks away from succeeding, no matter how little is the number of copies Nintendo is going to ship.

The Wii U physical version will infinitely hold more worth than digital for this game. I would easily say anyone buying this digitally is a fool. All of this is derived from the rarity of TP on GCN, Wii U game worth, and Nintendo horrible digital design.

Please nobody buy this digitally. If anything, get it physically and rip it to the Wii U using homebrew which is what I am doing.

butalala

My order never had a date at all, but I just got off the phone with a rep who said that it'll be here Friday guaranteed. Well, he didn't use the word guaranteed but he said "you can rest assured your order will be delivered on the day of release."

It's possible they had to do something on their end to make that so, I'm not sure. Worth talking to a rep though I think just to double check.

I chatted with an Amazon rep and they moved my ship date to March 3. I guess it's worth a try.

Just got an email from Amazon saying my Wii U copy will arrive March 7. I have Prime so I should be getting it release day. I guess I'll be buying a physical copy from a local retailer. Shame that I'll have to pay $15 more.

atr0cious

The Wii U physical version will infinitely hold more worth than digital for this game. I would easily say anyone buying this digitally is a fool. All of this is derived from the rarity of TP on GCN, Wii U game worth, and Nintendo horrible digital design.

Please nobody buy this digitally. If anything, get it physically and rip it to the Wii U using homebrew which is what I am doing.
Nah, going digital to hopefully have better loading. Will go physical on switch later. What does value matter unless you plan on selling it, which i don't. I still have a physical copy of Xenoblade from before the reprint and I'm probably just gonna trade that in to get the VC version which has gamepad controls.

Plus, digital might unlock earlier than if I waited for a copy.

Red

"Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U"
Estimated arrival date: March 03, 2017"

Neat.

If your order has changed to a later date, call support.

DarkWish

My friend showed me his Amazon order and it says Zelda Wii U has been shipped and arrives Wednesday, so looks like he's getting the game two days early.
My friend that I mentioned earlier did in fact receive his Wii U copy of the game today from Amazon. Lucky dude.

I just got mine last night with Ni-Oh:

17036731_10154884438626061_874853949_o.jpg

Weston

Now mine says it's shipping tomorrow and arriving Tuesday.

Thinking of calling, but not sure of what to say.
Mine got moved to Tue. So I sent an email complaining about. I was hoping to get some credit, but they actually fixed it. It says shipping now and arriving tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Captain_Vyse

Neo Member
Best Buy just notified that my copy will be ready for pickup tomorrow. So glad I went with them instead of Amazon after their nonsense.

Top Bottom