• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon US Removes Zelda Wii U Search Listings

Kevin

This is where I am at.

I'm pretty disappointed and upset

Me too. I don't get excited that much for gaming anymore but was incredibly excited for Switch and Zelda Master Edition until Amazon happened. Really hoping they still ship my Switch at least and hoping to at least get a regular copy of the game. Master Edition would have been nice though being a huge Zelda fan that I am.

I work for a company that does millions in revenue on Amazon each month, they are extremely strict about their sellers managing listings and inventory as diligently as possible. Amazon does not provide flexibility if you need to make quick changes that can impact pre sold items. Based on what I'm reading here this is definitely Nintendo fucking up and making last minute changes to their inventory and listings. I wouldn't blame Amazon for this.

Its a wonder I still put up with Nintendo's wishy washy bullshit.

Kevin

Its a wonder I still put up with Nintendo's wishy washy bullshit.

What I find weird is, take an item like Zelda: Master Edition. Nintendo could easily sell probably 500,000 of these at full price and yet they made probably less then 10,000 copies. That is a LOT of money just on this one item that they decided to skip out on.

Sadly they do this with just about every one of their popular products now. I would estimate the lost in potential revenue to be in the billions range over the last few years.

Where is the logic in this?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
What I find weird is, take an item like Zelda: Master Edition. Nintendo could easily sell probably 500,000 of these at full price and yet they made probably less then 10,000 copies. That is a LOT of money just on this one item that they decided to skip out on.

Sadly they do this with just about every one of their popular products now. I would estimate the lost in potential revenue to be in the billions range over the last few years.

It's a limited edition collectable and they manufactured it as such.

Dunno how NOA can fuck up this bad.

Do they not see any incentive to establish a decent relationship to pretty much the biggest online retailer?

linkboy

Nintendo is fulfilling a promise to realize the game on WiiU.

They don't actually want to sell lots and lots of Zelda on the discontinued system; they want to drive consumers to purchase their new system + Zelda, more.

So, if they can limit Zelda for WiiU - they can drive a more lucrative endeavor with Switch.

They promised to release the game to WiiU owners. They are.

They didn't promise to release lots of the game to WiiU owners.

End tin foil hat.

Except it's not just the Wii U Version.

I have the Switch version pre-ordered. Since January, my delivery date was 3 March. It was only just a couple of days ago that it changed to,

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

At this point, I honestly don't know what's going to happen with my pre-order. Just to be safe, I pre-ordered a copy from Best Buy with in-store pickup.

My Switch Pre-Order is still (thankfully) saying it will be delivered on Friday, but that doesn't mean I haven't been on edge about it.

robochimp

Dunno how NOA can fuck up this bad.

Do they not see any incentive to establish a decent relationship to pretty much the biggest online retailer?

There is probably more to this than simply that little scamp Nintendo just can't get its shit together.

Amazon likes to flex its muscle from time to time.

Go try and buy a chromecast or an Apple TV from Amazon.

Ultime

Banned
I work for a company that does millions in revenue on Amazon each month, they are extremely strict about their sellers managing listings and inventory as diligently as possible. Amazon does not provide flexibility if you need to make quick changes that can impact pre sold items. Based on what I'm reading here this is definitely Nintendo fucking up and making last minute changes to their inventory and listings. I wouldn't blame Amazon for this.

That's only facing outwards. Inside the company... Oh Boy! (I worked for them for a while).

Looks like I dodged a bullet! I almost pre-order until I decided to Switch.

HCgamer

I just cancelled my amazon zelda wii u preorder. I do not like preordering from best buy because they charge my bank right away I should have a best buy $5 rewards coupon to stack with my gcu so I will wait until the coupon shows in my account to place my order.

holygeesus

Banned
Seeing as this is a US problem, are stock levels of games so limited, that you can't just walk into a store and buy one on the day of release? Seems to be far less stressful than pre-ordering online.

It's a limited edition collectable and they manufactured it as such.

People keep saying this, and to be brutally honest it just comes across as delusional. Do you think Nintendo actually cares about making a product rare so it's customers have more of an emotional attachment to it and the potential to brag? They don't make this shit so the most hardcore fans can show how dedicated they are. It's a product being sold to make a profit. If they felt confident they could sell 500,000 units, they would have manufactured and distributed 500,000 units. No one at Nintendo board meetings is going "look guys it's a limited edition we can't make too many or we'll have to call it something else."

AgeEighty

Fortunately my Special Edition is still listed to arrive on the 3rd. Sorry to everyone who's had preorders get canceled or delayed.

Lizardus

Same thing here on Amazon.ca. I placed an order as soon as it went up and this is what it says for me:

b8eFKqu.jpg

I then chatted with a CSR about this and they weren't able to help me. I got this email afterwards.

Amazon
Your Account Amazon.ca
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

I am sorry for any misunderstanding regarding the shipping estimates of this order.

I understand your concern about the longer delivery estimates, I hope I can explain the reason for you.

The "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition - Switch " is listed with an availability estimate of "Temporarily out of stock" on our website.

When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available," this means the item is currently out of stock and we’re not sure when we’ll get more of this item.

We can't predict exactly how long it'll take us to receive this item or when we'll be able to ship it. If you placed an order for one of these items, we'll do our best to get the item for you, and we'll e-mail you as soon as we have more information from our suppliers.

Our delivery estimates are based on the item's availability and the delivery speed you choose. If an item is "In Stock" and you choose an express shipping method, you'll receive it more quickly than if you choose Standard or free shipping.

Selecting One-Day or Two-Day Shipping will reduce the transit time to one or two business days after we've shipped your order, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment.

Here's the basic equation we use to determine your delivery date:

(Availability) + (Shipping Time) = Total Delivery Time

This time frame is just an estimate. If we're able to obtain this item sooner, we'll ship your order right away.

We will send you an e-mail to let you know when the order has been shipped.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html/

Also, I've passed your information to the appropriate inventory department as they would try to obtain the item from our suppliers pertaining to the urgent requirement of the item by many of our customers.

As we do not charge until your items ship, your credit card has not been charged for this order.

If you would prefer to cancel your order because of longer delay, you can do so by clicking on the "Your Account" link at the top of our home page and selecting the "Cancel items or orders" link.

After signing in, you can cancel any item that has not yet entered the shipping process.

For your future reference the estimated delivery date will be displayed:

* On the final screen of your order form, just before you click "Place your order." Or,

* In the online order summary located in Your Account.

You will find our complete shipping options and policies, including costs and time of delivery, by clicking on the "Help" link at the top right corner of our home page, or by going to the following URL:

http://www.amazon.ca/help/shipping

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope to see you again soon.​​​​​

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Seeing so many people on here worrying about their online Zelda orders really confuses the hell out of me. Do you all really not have stores in your area? I'll be getting my Switch and Zelda around 8am Friday morning. I'll wait outside Walmart for an hour or 2, then head to Gamestop where I have Zelda pre-ordered and paid in full. I'll be in Hyrule by 10am with a hot latte in hand :D. Can't wait. Sorry ya'll stressin.

Chinbo37

Seeing so many people on here worrying about their online Zelda orders really confuses the hell out of me. Do you all really not have stores in your area? I'll be getting my Switch and Zelda around 8am Friday morning. I'll wait outside Walmart for an hour or 2, then head to Gamestop where I have Zelda pre-ordered and paid in full. I'll be in Hyrule by 10am with a hot latte in hand :D. Can't wait. Sorry ya'll stressin.

Pretty sure this is a a thread about the Wii U version. This could end up being incredibly rare and difficult to find even on day 1

Red

I contacted CS and got some good news:

I've checked the details and see that the order has not released yet. In this case, upon further research I see that the order will be released and shipped on the release date which is March 3, 2017.

Please note that once the item is released you'll be receiving an email confirmation stating that your order has been shipped. I understand that you’re concerned whether you'll receive the order by the estimated delivery date. Please do not worry as you'll be receiving the order on time.

This may be a miscommunication. I don't know.

Anyone know if I order on GameStop.com for in store pick up today if it'll be available Friday? It says on the checkout page that it'll ship on the 3rd, but I'm understanding that as meaning they'll ship it to the store on the 3rd and I'll pick it up once it's there.

I just cancelled my amazon zelda wii u preorder. I do not like preordering from best buy because they charge my bank right away I should have a best buy $5 rewards coupon to stack with my gcu so I will wait until the coupon shows in my account to place my order.
Be doesn't charge right away but they do a pending charge that goes away after a few days and then actually charge you when it ships. I know because with the visa checkout deal, I preordered like 8 games, saw the pending charges on my card for a few days then they dissapeared.

I really don't buy enough games to make it worthwhile. This is the last new game I buy for the foreseeable future. It's a good deal if you buy a lot of games.

That's a good plan. What is Best Buy's return policy?
14 days if youre a regular member, 30 if you are silver and 45 if you are silver plus I believe.

linkboy

Just canceled my Amazon pre-order for Zelda, going to go with Best Buy.

I'll use my Amazon store credit to get Horizon - Zero Dawn.

xtianmarq

Nintendo is fulfilling a promise to realize the game on WiiU.

They don't actually want to sell lots and lots of Zelda on the discontinued system; they want to drive consumers to purchase their new system + Zelda, more.

So, if they can limit Zelda for WiiU - they can drive a more lucrative endeavor with Switch.

They promised to release the game to WiiU owners. They are.

They didn't promise to release lots of the game to WiiU owners.

End tin foil hat.

The only issue with this is that Nintendo has failed yet again to produce enough systems and copies of the game to satisfy demand on launch. The only reason I'm buying the game on WiiU and not on Switch is because it is now impossible to find a Switch - and I refuse to wait weeks or months to finally get my hands on a Switch console to play it.

Wow, this really sucks for everyone who preordered on Amazon. It was because of Amazon's sketchy history with Nintendo that I specifically DIDN'T order any of my Switch stuff through them. I don't trust Amazon when it comes to Nintendo.

Wow, this really sucks for everyone who preordered on Amazon. It was because of Amazon's sketchy history with Nintendo that I specifically DIDN'T order any of my Switch stuff through them. I don't trust Amazon when it comes to Nintendo.
It's weird how I've never had problems with the other console manufacturers, though. Surely it's just that Amazon is incompetent with a single company's products, right? NoA is almost 100% to blame for any problem.

HeelPower

I am someone who wants to buy Zelda & a switch ,but Nintendo wouldnt let me

Its unavailable everywhere in my city.I live in montreal so thats a big city with so many outlets.

I'd imagine the great majority simply wont be able to get a Switch & Zelda,even if they the money & willingness to buy it.

Got the Amazon email as well. The date for delivery is still pending. Why does Nintendo always have to be all over the place when it comes to online quantities of their products? I'm betting it won't even get it delivered next Friday. It's looking like I'll end up buying it at retail and cancel the Amazon preorder.

Got the Amazon email as well. The date for delivery is still pending. Why does Nintendo always have to be all over the place when it comes to online quantities of their products? I'm betting it won't even get it delivered next Friday. It's looking like I'll end up buying it at retail and cancel the Amazon preorder.
It's crazy my Switch copy doesn't have an estimated delivery date, although support says it'll come out March 3rd. They better not have supply constrained the Switch version being its heir only killer app

Eh this seems more like Nintendo's fault. I have never had any problems with any other game related stuff on Amazon besides stuff coming specifically from Nintendo. Hopefully Nintendo didn't purposely make limited/small quantities of the Wii U version of BOTW.

SGRX

Haven't received an email regarding my preorder for the WiiU version, and it still says arriving on Friday, but I placed an in-store pickup order with BB just to hedge my bets. Nintendo really gets on my nerves with shit like this.

atr0cious

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking of cancelling it. I only ordered on Amazon because of the price drop they did in December. If they can't fullfill it by launch day, I might as well go digital, especially since the game is going to need the 3gb patch for loading. I wonder if the switch will be able to handle partitioned HDDs.

Captain_Vyse

Neo Member
Just cancelled my Amazon preorder as well, preordered from Best Buy yesterday. After this, Amazon is no longer getting business from me for my gaming needs. Even if it's all Nintendo's fault, it's Amazon's fault for improper communication.

Amazon also started playing games with Disney Blu-Rays recently. You can't preorder Doctor Strange or Moana, just sign up to be alerted when it's available. Amazon is heavily pushing their digital version. Amazon will be losing that business from me as well. Wondering if Amazon is partially to blame.

Wanderer5

Well no dice still, so think I shall cancel my order soon and just look at gamestop or get the game digitally. In the last year and a half of using prime, this is probably the first major disappointment I had with Amazon.

ClearData

I guess I'll just wait on Amazon. I'll be playing Horizon and I don't think I'll be done by March 3rd anyways. That, and to get the same prime discount I'd need to spend $30 on GCU.

It still stings though. :-( What happened?

linkboy

Just cancelled my Amazon preorder as well, preordered from Best Buy yesterday. After this, Amazon is no longer getting business from me for my gaming needs. Even if it's all Nintendo's fault, it's Amazon's fault for improper communication.

Amazon also started playing games with Disney Blu-Rays recently. You can't preorder Doctor Strange or Moana, just sign up to be alerted when it's available. Amazon is heavily pushing their digital version. Amazon will be losing that business from me as well. Wondering if Amazon is partially to blame.

Same here. I got the Best Buy Gamer's Club yesterday, I'll be using that more then Amazon for the future.

big_erk

I'm confused. Are people having issues with their BOTW Switch preorders or is this WiiU specific? My Zelda Switch pre-order still shows arriving Friday. My PDP case on the other hand says

"We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

sirap

I'm confused. Are people having issues with their BOTW Switch preorders or is this WiiU specific? My Zelda Switch pre-order still shows arriving Friday. My PDP case on the other hand says

It's right there in the title...

Amazon US Removes Zelda Wii U Search Listings

Captain_Vyse

Neo Member

"We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Mostly seems to be Wii U version of BOTW, though I've read the same of the Switch version. As for me, I've had the Wii U version of BOTW preordered for over a year, yet I got the email saying they didn't know when it would be available.

The only issue with this is that Nintendo has failed yet again to produce enough systems and copies of the game to satisfy demand on launch. The only reason I'm buying the game on WiiU and not on Switch is because it is now impossible to find a Switch - and I refuse to wait weeks or months to finally get my hands on a Switch console to play it.

Disagree.

People need to consider Amazon as a backup for Nintendo gaming purchases.

They obviously allow orders for as much as they think they will receive, without actually having a firm commitment from Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't work like a lot of other companies, they're mainstream but more boutique than Sony or MS. They likely run on tighter inventory management margins, especially after WiiU.

The only company that keeps seeming to have all of these shipping issues with Nintendo items is Amazon. Best Buy has had their fair share, but less so. GameStop rarely -

Of course, conjecture above. It I think the culprit is Amazon over allocating because they are so large and think they can have that clout.

Lesson: Reserve at brick and mortar, experience less disappointment.

Crom

Same here. I got the Best Buy Gamer's Club yesterday, I'll be using that more then Amazon for the future.

Yep. Go with Best Buy people (been saying that for a while) Their 20% off doesnt expire and I haven't had cancelation problems with them. The rewards points also add up when you have Gamers Club so you end up saving more.

Top Bottom