• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMAZON US Switch up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Have this order and a BB order. Gonna wait a few days so the "order cancellation" smoke clears before manually cancelling the BB one.

LordCanti

Got it for release day. Not sure why Amazon made us wait so late into the night but at least I didn't stay up so long and not get one. Good luck, and thanks Wario64.

Meffer

So this is my first time preordering something from Amazon. I don't have the $307 on my debit but it still let me preorder. Is it really true they don't charge/put a pending charge at all until they ship?

Yup, they charge you once the item ships.

reKon

Banned
I've been looking at black friday prices from last year and there's no way this thing is going to make it if Nintendo does nothing lol. I'd say that $250 is a guarantee around holidsy, unless they come out with a two game bundle for $300...

Snagged a pre-order here as well. Now to decide which to cancel. Gonna hold onto my BB one because that has a midnight launch and I am able to pick it up that night of launch from my store.

Just going to hold on for now to see if something goofs up with either order to be safe.

TriGen

So this is my first time preordering something from Amazon. I don't have the $307 on my debit but it still let me preorder. Is it really true they don't charge/put a pending charge at all until they ship?

Yes. That's always been my experience, unless something's changed or there's something random about this order. It most likely should be fine.

Gator86

Got one, just in case. If I don't cancel it, I'll probably use it to play a rented Zelda copy then sell it for MSRP immediately after.

AgeEighty

Picked one up even though I have one with Best Buy. I'll cancel one; just have to decide whether I'd rather leave the house and get it earlier in the day or have it delivered a little later.

Do we have any idea what the support will be for external hard drives? I want to go all digital like I did with the Wii U, but that hard drive sucks ass.

Safe to assume it'll be powered by two USB slots like the Wii U?

Do we have any idea what the support will be for external hard drives? I want to go all digital like I did with the Wii U, but that hard drive sucks ass.

As far as we know, the only expandable storage is through microSD on the unit itself. Nothing has been said about external drives.

Effect

Seems storage is based on SD cards that might be easy to pull in and out. Not actual hard drives.

Meffer

I believe it doesn't support external HDs. It's supports micro sds though and you can use multiple of them.

Veitsev

It doesn't support external drives. SD cards only (up to 128 GB).

reKon

Banned
Got one. Will sell at what the market is willing to pay

Lol if I do, it's going towards my PS4 Pro fund.

But really, I plan on getting two of these consoles this year. I don't think I've ever bought two consoles in a single year.

watershed

Banned
Ok, Nintendo got me. I just preordered the Switch and BOTW on Amazon after really feeling like I wouldn't even buy the Switch at launch after that less than stellar conference. But I just can't resist BOTW. Damn you Nintendo!

Phionoxx

Got one. Now here is go hoping the treehouse stream still has some more launch window games to announce. From what we know how it looks pretty sparse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom