• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Crime Story: The People Vs. O.J. Simpson (new AHS companion series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghstwrld

http://deadline.com/2014/10/america...crime-story-oj-simpson-ryan-murphy-fx-847289/

FX and Ryan Murphy are expanding the American Horror Story franchise with another anthology series, this time focused on some of the biggest true crime stories. Fittingly, the new series, American Crime Story, is launching with one of the most famous cases of the past few decades: the murder trial of O.J. Simpson. FX has given a 10-episode, straight-to-series order to American Crime Story: The People Vs. O.J. Simpson.

Based on the book The Run of His Life: The People V. O.J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin, the first American Crime Story installment will be directed by Murphy from a script by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski (The People Vs. Larry Flynt).

[...]

American Crime Story: The People V. O.J. Simpson is a look at the Simpson trial told from the perspective of the lawyers that explores the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court, and how a combination of prosecution confidence, defense wiliness, and the LAPD’s history with the city’s black community gave a jury what it needed: reasonable doubt.

“This is an exciting project for me, as I’ve been looking for the right property which could serve as an extension of the American Horror Story brand I love so much,” Murphy said. “The O.J. case was as tragic as it was fascinating — it seemed like everyone had a stake in the outcome. It was really the beginning of the modern tabloid age.”

If they treat this with the same level of credence and dignity they've afforded AHS, this is going to be some fantastic television.

But seriously, the fuck? It's fine if they want to get into the crime storytelling business - but why tie it into AHS? Will they be leveraging actors from that anthology series? I'm baffled.

I always imagined American Crime Story being something a little more like True Crime than what it sounds like.

I like the idea for a series, but I think it'd work better with fictional stories instead of real life ones. Still, I love AHS and I'll give this one a fair chance.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can James Cameron guest direct the freeway chase? The Raid 2 choreographer also works.

Chesskid1

Banned
never watched AHS but i recently watched some documentary on court tv about OJ and the trial was amazingly interesting, i think i was like 4 so i don't remember it.

IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom