• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

O.J. Simpson's parole hearing will air on ESPN (Update: OJ granted parole)

DOWN

Banned
I think people don’t understand the difference between doubt and reasonable doubt

He was most certainly guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and the verdict was pretty silly considering how fast they said not guilty compared to how much damning evidence was in the trial

jWILL253

Banned
I think people don’t understand the difference between doubt and reasonable doubt

He was most certainly guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and the verdict was pretty silly considering how fast they said not guilty compared to how much damning evidence was in the trial

Not according to the jury, jack.

Lemonz

OJ trending.

b5f3e710-6055-4203-bc7f-80f6a2dc6174.png

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Cochran and his team put together the single greatest defense of all time. The arguments to discredit the various different pieces of evidence were brilliant and Johnnie absolutely demanded your attention. Schenks testimony and Bailey's cross examination also were gigantic. Even with that brilliant defense, the prosecution still should've had it in the bag, but dropped the ball.

The prosecution and the LAPD deserved to lose that case.

Sanjuro

The most amazing thing about this is he sounded like a complete sociopath during the hearing, and still got off.

All the power to you, OJ. You'll remain one of the most important individals of my lifetime.

Is the OJ Simpson: Made in America documentary any good? The missus was asking questions about OJ and his life and I thought it'd do a better job at answering her questions than me... just started watching.

Sanjuro

Is the OJ Simpson: Made in America documentary any good? The missus was asking questions about OJ and his life and I thought it'd do a better job at answering his questions than me... just started watching.

It's amazing.

I actually think watching the FX drama prior heightens the experience.

Is the OJ Simpson: Made in America documentary any good? The missus was asking questions about OJ and his life and I thought it'd do a better job at answering her questions than me... just started watching.

It's incredible. Just a warning, there are some pretty gruesome crime scene photos shown, but i honestly think they are necessary.

Get off the forum and watch it.
It's amazing.

I actually think watching the FX drama prior heightens the experience.
It's incredible. Just a warning, there are some pretty gruesome crime scene photos shown, but i honestly think they are necessary.

Thanks for the replies, I'm on it.

I must say thought 30 minutes in and, as someone from the UK who doesn't know as much as I should about recent American history, it's some eye-opening and powerful stuff.

The prosecution and the LAPD deserved to lose that case.

The LA County DA's office bungled it big time. I remember following the whole ordeal and afterwards Vincent Bugliosi had a laundry list of fucks up on the prosecution part. The trial should have been held in Santa Monica where he lived. Garcetti shouldnt have given it to Clarke and Darden. Darden was never a good prosecutor and Cochran got into his head early. Clarke was a good attorney but her personal issues made her unsuited for first chairnon that case. Bugliosi said Garcetti should have had Pam Bozanich who was the other rising star in the office who had successfully convicted Lyle and Erik Menendez, handle OJ.

16BitNova

Am I in a different timeline now? I always thought he was found not guilty. Something about the glove not fitting or something. He's been in jail all along?! What the hell.

Probably but I wouldn't say that was the justice system working

I agree. If anything it highlighted in the most high profile of ways, in ways that many minorities had experienced for decades but nobody gave a fuck, that the "justice system" in this country is irreparably broken.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I will always associate moving to America with OJ. The trial was in full swing and I was clueless about race relations and OJ himself.

I had moved from the UK and was blissfully ignorant of everything. LAPD, football, his celebrity.

I had African American friends who celebrated when he got off. One explained to me that he didn't care about OJ particularly, but that he was happy to see the LA law enforcement system lose one and for a black guy to win one.

I got that to some degree - but always felt that a millionaire beheading his girlfriend after an abusive relationship was the wrong guy for the freebie.

There were thousands of more deserving recipients of a pass in LA jails that very night.

Fuhrman though. Hard to sympathize with the version of him we saw in the news.

HoodWinked

The history of the justice system failing to actually provide a fair trial, especially for minorities, is what informs and makes the decision made in the murder trial important, not that it was the reason for the verdict.

yup two wrongs make a right

It's an incredible watch. Really shows you just how complex that whole case and the surrounding circumstances were. Just mindblowing stuff.

Top Bottom