• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington Post: A friend thinks O.J. Simpson may confess to murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyKazama

Think about it... He would auction off the venue of this announcement. Could you imagine how quickly the MSM would fall all over itself to secure this public confession?

He'd be set for life.

He has a pension that can't be touched. He's already set. Any other income would not go to him.

I'm not old. Shut up. You're old. Shut up.

LOL, that's the saddest part of all of this?

It never makes me feel old until I remember watching the famous highway chase when I was a highschool sophomore. I wanted him to be found not guilty so bad. I can't remember when I turned on the whole issue and decided he could go fuck himself.

Blader

If you're referring to American Crime Story, which just aired on FX (and was excellent, btw), it implies very, very heavily that OJ did it and only got off due to external factors and Johnie Cochran's brilliant strategy to tie into others issues.

No offense, but I think most everyone immediately knew that like 20 years ago. :lol

That's probably the saddest part.

OJ forgetting he murdered two people is probably not sadder than two people being murdered.

ApharmdX

Banned
Why would he confess? He was found innocent. Confessing now would make no sense.

So it wasn't the racist LAPD that framed him? Weird that his story has been revisited so often the last two years by the television media.

Lots of people are still angry about the verdict, over 20 years later.

Patryn

No offense, but I think most everyone immediately knew that like 20 years ago. :lol

I am aware, being well old enough to remember the trial. I had thought the comment I was replying to was saying that the media had recently taken on a tack that somebody else had done it, so I was refuting that.

Brinbe

Having read it, he all but confessed in that book. You don't sit down with someone and go over how you would do something like that if you didn't have that guilt. He did it but the prosecution/LAPD completely bungled the case and that jury wasn't gonna convict him.

Whatever, he's in prison now anyway.

he'll confess

then shout YOU'VE ALL BEEN JUICED

7705520.jpg

... the fuck is this?

Lorcain

he'll confess

then shout YOU'VE ALL BEEN JUICED

7705520.jpg
That's what I want. And I want him to do it from what looks like a raft floating in crystal clear ocean waters, while sipping on a mixed drink. And then the camera pans out and we see he's actually in a swimming pool, and then it further pans out and we see it's at a Holiday Inn.

norm9

He really should have laid low and lived a quiet life on the golf course instead of retrieving his shit in Vegas.

FStop7

Banned
article said:
the truth about who murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman remains elusive.

I don't know why this statement bothers me so much but it does. The truth about who murdered them is NOT elusive. It's about as far from "elusive" as it can possibly be.

KingBroly

Banned
In 5th grade, our teacher read us the verdict after Recess. The class cheered at him being not guilty.

It's pretty interesting to look back on, I guess. I don't know why everyone cheered, either. I just know that they did, and how it became obvious that he wasn't years after the fact.

jstripes

Banned
Why would he confess? He was found innocent. Confessing now would make no sense.

Apparently it's eating him up inside. He can't live with the guilt anymore.

In 5th grade, our teacher read us the verdict after Recess. The class cheered at him being not guilty.

It's pretty interesting to look back on, I guess. I don't know why everyone cheered, either. I just know that they did, and how it became obvious that he wasn't years after the fact.

It was the political climate in the wake of the Rodney King verdict.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I only see him confessing on his deathbed. He's lived with it this long already.

I would think that is more likely.

What kind of friend leaks a murder confession?

No kidding. What kind of friend is that? Though they may have used "friend" loosely for this article.

The defense changed it up and put the LAPD on trial instead of OJ. So for many, a 'not guilty' verdict was a 'guilty' verdict for crooked police. As crazy as it sounds, the murders became almost an after though to many. The defense turned it into a black man vs police force that operated with racism at it's core. Having a racist cop in the middle of it only helped fuel that fire.

daveo42

Banned
He just wants back in the public eye, even if it's just for a moment. Crazy thing is he could detail pretty much everything and flat out say he killed them with zero worry about facing prison time since he's already been tried and found innocent for the murders.

We had the opposite reaction at our school when the verdict came down, though I went to a mostly white school.

Is it possible to retroactively apply his possible CTE to the murders and robbery?

He was found not guilty of the 1994 murders, so there's nothing to retroactively apply there. He plead and was found not guilty and did not use any temporary insanity pleads to do it.

But even outside of the law, it's a tough sell that CTE made him murder his ex-wife, her friend, and cut her head off, and that he should be considered innocent and allowed to live a normal life after that. Aside from the domestic abuse charges, OJ lived a successful life in the public eye and there hadn't been indication that he was suffering mental illness. While people suffering from CTE might be able to hide the effects, other noteworthy people to suffer from it and take drastic action -- like Junior Seau who killed himself -- have a lengthy record of suffering, depression, abuse, and other indications.

There's also no indication that OJ suffers from CTE. And especially no connection between CTE and murder.

DOWN

Banned
yeah...not really. i mean the guy already wrote a book and stylized the front cover to say "If I Did It"
It was ghost written though and as the publishing fell apart, the claim is that Simpson was brought the project by the author and publisher and he was desperate for the money so he agreed to put his name on it

So who knows if he really backs that telling
Actually, that wasn't him - the estate of Nicole Brown Simpson did that to him. They won a civil case against OJ & have ownership rights to a whole bunch of OJ's assets & potential earnings.
No, both the originally publishing and the estate's version highlighted the phrase I Did It

Alphahawk

I was in fourth or fifth grade and they announced it via the loudspeaker. I'm not sure people who weren't there can grasp just how big of a media circus the whole thing was. I feel like today you can pretty much ignore celebrity murder trials if you're not interested, back then you couldn't: it was a media event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom