• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Americans: Dogs are liked more and more popular than cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Ugh, I know a couple who threw the cat they had outside because "cats give babies toxic plasma and kill babies by sucking their air at night". That is a exact quote.

Luckily the neighbor they had saved the cat because they told him the same thing.

The world is full of stupid people but they never cease to amaze me.

No, I don't have to bathe him twice a week because he stinks, but I do have to give him a bath once a week because he's old and his skin is falling apart. How DO you know so much about my dog, jerk dude?

Yeah I DID exaggerate with the "twice"a week bathing, most of the time it is just once.

A close friend of mine has a miniature schnauzer

The dog does smell bad after like 6-7 days, but she takes him everywhere, everyday (Urban city streets). I love the dog and play with him all the time and he brushes against my face, I have to scrub my face with soap and a scrubber every time I play with him, smell wont go away (off my cheeks).

Also, I can smell the dog's breath literally from 2 meters away, it does smell kinda bad...

On top of all this I get her to ask me to take care of the dog on average twice a week, because she has to go do some shit.

I basically vented my own frustrations with my friend's dog on your dog, and seems like I was spot on. didn't expect not to be :p

But yeah I can honestly say the amount of affection and love that dog shows to me is quite heartwarming, almost worth to own one of my own, but naah.. I'll just stick to my indifferent, careless, yet clean and non-smelly and beautiful cat!

Yeah I DID exaggerate with the "twice"a week bathing, most of the time it is just once.

A close friend of mine has a miniature schnauzer

The dog does smell bad after like 6-7 days, but she takes him everywhere, everyday (Urban city streets). I love the dog and play with him all the time and he brushes against my face, I have to scrub my face with soap and a scrubber every time I play with him, smell wont go away (off my cheeks).

Also, I can smell the dog's breath literally from 2 meters away, it does smell kinda bad...

On top of all this I get her to ask me to take care of the dog on average twice a week, because she has to go do some shit.

I basically vented my own frustrations with my friend's dog on your dog, and seems like I was spot on. didn't expect not to be :p

But yeah I can honestly say the amount of affection and love that dog shows to me is quite heartwarming, almost worth to own one of my own, but naah.. I'll just stick to my indifferent, careless, yet clean and non-smelly and beautiful cat!
Actually, I wouldn't have to bathe him once a week if it weren't for his skin condition. So do me a favor and shut your trap. Don't talk about my dog when you don't know anything about him.

Anura

Sorry to post in the middle of this very interesting fight but... Does anyone else find it funny that 3% of people are afraid of dogs but 5% are afraid of cats?

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in this thread and I missed it

WorldStar

Banned
Sorry to post in the middle of this very interesting fight but... Does anyone else find it funny that 3% of people are afraid of dogs but 5% are afraid of cats?

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in this thread and I missed it

I can see that, I've had a cat claw the fuck out of me on more than one occasion but have never had any issues with dogs

Dude, listen: Arguing over what animal is superior – dogs or cats – is great fun and all, but when it gets to the point that you have to make personal assumptions about other people's pets to make a point, then it's gone too far. My dog is my friend and has been with me since I was eight-years old. Please don't talk about him as if you know him. You may as well have been talking about a friend of mine.

mkenyon

Banned
When people say, "I'm a cat person", what they actually mean is, "I like animals but aren't talented enough to know how to train them, so I like the animal that trains itself even if it's limited in scope."

Get on my level scrubs.

LBpAAm.jpg

I have had lots of cats, and while they are cool and all, they are a different creature than dogs. You don't use a cat to herd cows, rescue people, sniff out cancer, or protect your house. It's like preferring a console to PCs, that's fine and all for you, but I know that you are bad at games.

When people say, "I'm a cat person", what they actually mean is, "I like animals but aren't talented enough to know how to train them, so I like the animal that trains itself even if it's limited in scope."

Get on my level scrubs.

LBpAAm.jpg

maybe i just want to train people

Get on my level scrubs.

It's clinically proven people have pets in an attempts to fill their empty, shallow lives. having a pet that's more dependent on you artificially gives you more self worth and distracts you from noticing how meaningless everything is

mkenyon

Banned
It's clinically proven people have pets in an attempts to fill their empty, shallow lives. having a pet that's more dependent on you artificially gives you more self worth and distracts you from noticing how meaningless everything is
All A's are B's but not all B's are A's.

Dude, listen: Arguing over what animal is superior – dogs or cats – is great fun and all, but when it gets to the point that you have to make personal assumptions about other people's pets to make a point, then it's gone too far. My dog is my friend and has been with me since I was eight-years old. Please don't talk about him as if you know him. You may as well have been talking about a friend of mine.

You have been doing this the entire time in this thread, pot calling kettle black and you are resorting to petty personal attacks, get over yourself. Cats are better than dogs and thank god my cat, like humans(or most humans) knows how to bathe itself so it doesn't stink like a dog.

freddy

Banned
I don't think it's a coincidence that dog lovers are over-excitable and tend to get all wound up and stressed over nothing where us cat people will just sit back all cool, calm and collected and occasionally take a swipe at the dog people to amuse ourselves.

Wo2HYEU.gif

I don't think it's a coincidence that dog lovers are over-excitable and tend to get all wound up and stressed over nothing where us cat people will just sit back all cool, calm and collected and occasionally take a swipe at the dog people to amuse ourselves.

Wo2HYEU.gif
What I really like about dogs – and pets, really – is that no matter what happens, your relationship with them doesn't change. You can move out, lose friends, grow and change dramatically, your parents could divorce like mine are now (weeeeeeeeeee): through all things you can always go home to the little guy. He/she will never abandon you.

Hahaha! SMFH!

Assuming that all dogs eventually smell if they are not washed and they have bad breath is a "personal" assumption on YOUR fucking dog? Lol! Are you that dense?

Listen, I did not know what kind of health complications your dog has, nor do I care, none of that has anything to do with me or this thread. (I should not need to know that kind of information here) In fact I don't care if it's your mother or your best friend that has an illness, I was never insensitive towards anyone or anything that has health problems here. Why do you feel so compelled to drag me into such things? Would you like to hear about my mother's terminal illness while we are at it?

Just like your first sentence above that I bolded for you... This is a thread about cats and dogs and I was simply making an observation about how dogs are a lot smellier than cats. (which is a known fact) I don't care about when and how often YOUR dog smells and why. Why are you so self absorbed?

I did notice you were a bit sensitive about me calling dogs smelly, out of good faith I apologized for your dog's skin condition, ( I don't know why I did that, but I did it anyway)

And what do you do in return? You go and pull out a totally unrelated topic from my profile history and use it against me as a personal attack. Do you think that is fair? Do you think that is appropriate?

Next time, accept an undeserved apology and move on asshole!

Hahaha! SMFH!

Assuming that all dogs eventually smell if they are not washed and they have bad breath is a "personal" assumption on YOUR fucking dog? Lol! Are you that dense?
Well, you quoted a post mine with a picture of my dog saying "he smells" and made a lot of assumptions while using the word "he." So, yeah, I interpreted it as a personal assumption. You even said this:

I admit the erection bit was out of line, and I apologize.

Well, you quoted a post mine with a picture of my dog saying "he smells" and made a lot of assumptions while using the word "he." So, yeah, I interpreted it as a personal assumption. You even said this:

1) never quoted a photo of your dog

2) never said this: "he smells" In fact I said "I bet your dog smells" there's a big fuckin difference between those two sentences, please realize the difference.

I admit the erection bit was out of line, and I apologize.

"I basically vented my own frustrations with my friend's dog on your dog, and seems like I was spot on. didn't expect not to be :p"

This sentence proves nothing more than me making a point about dogs having bad breath and smelling after not being washed for a while, that includes my friend's dog, your dog and most likely million other dogs.

So yeah I called your dog smelly, without of course knowing how sensitive you were towards his skin condition, after realizing that you were very sensitive, I apologized and wanted to make good, but yeah.. you had to continue and be an ass... whatever I am done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom