• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Jawmuncher

The anniversary Zelda amiibo seem to be fairly uncommon, no? Been looking at both EU and US stores and they're not as readily available as other recent lines. I guess they're not shipping as many as they used to, which is probably a good thing for them.

Yeah uncommon would be right. Becuase they're definitely not rare. Walmart here still has all of them for sale.

Blues1990

It's weird. While I had no interest with picking up the Pixel Mario amiibo, I immediately snagged the 8-bit Link figurine when I pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch/Breath of the Wild.

It's super cool to see a design that was made by colour separation alone as a 3-Dimensional object.

zigg

It's weird. While I had no interest with picking up the Pixel Mario amiibo, I immediately snagged the 8-bit Link figurine when I pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch/Breath of the Wild.

It's super cool to see a design that was made by colour separation alone as a 3-Dimensional object.
I own that Link and the classic-colored Mario and I think Mario did it way better. Perhaps the Mario design was just more amenable to 3Dization.

maxcriden

I own that Link and the classic-colored Mario and I think Mario did it way better. Perhaps the Mario design was just more amenable to 3Dization.

We have the modern Mario and Link. I like them both in different ways. Link has more of this old-school charm (I like how you put that specifically, Blues!) whereas Mario with the modern colors feels like a fun throwback that still looks like the character of today in a way Link doesn't. I think the immediate response I have to seeing them is tied to the discrepancy or lack thereof between what the character looks like then and now, and the gap there is so significant for Link and so much smaller for Mario... especially with modern colors... I think they're both really rad though.

Poochy in just a few days. I'm hiding it till Valentine's Day, though.

Edit: omg I'm ridiculous. I should have gotten two. I need one for Eli to play with and one for my wife to keep in the box....

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
We have the modern Mario and Link. I like them both in different ways. Link has more of this old-school charm (I like how you put that specifically, Blues!) whereas Mario with the modern colors feels like a fun throwback that still looks like the character of today in a way Link doesn't. I think the immediate response I have to seeing them is tied to the discrepancy or lack thereof between what the character looks like then and now, and the gap there is so significant for Link and so much smaller for Mario... especially with modern colors... I think they're both really rad though.

Poochy in just a few days. I'm hiding it till Valentine's Day, though.

Edit: omg I'm ridiculous. I should have gotten two. I need one for Eli to play with and one for my wife to keep in the box....

who will you disappoint, Max

Eli

or your wife

choose wisely.

maxcriden

who will you disappoint, Max

Eli

or your wife

choose wisely.

I got the second one coming now. Disappointing one is probably disappointing both.

photoon9-14-14at10.50eokup.jpg

I can't say no to that face :D

Gameboy415

The new Yarn Poochy amiibo & game bundle I ordered from Best Buy were delivered a day early - he looks great!! :D

L7kg3G7.jpg

Also, my Box Boy amiibo & game bundle are scheduled to arrive from Amazon Japan tomorrow! :D

bumpkin

I can't wait to pick up my Poochy bundle tomorrow! I finally got a blue Yarn Yoshi via a Best Buy clearance DOTD earlier in the week to complete the trifecta. Poochy will round out the set nicely.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hahah. You must have seen my posts about him potentially for years and thought that. Well, he is far cuter than a human child, that's for sure. (They really should make an Eli amiibo!)

He's good 'n fuzzy. You should join LINEchat GAF and post pics of your cat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really want that Poochy amiibo (which I completely forgot came out today), but I think I might wait until it's closer to $10. I think I've reached the point where I can be patient & don't need to worry about supply anymore.

Alrighty everyone I am buying a Nintendo Switch and I currently only have the Shovel Knight amiibo in anticipation of the Teasure Trove collection. My real dilemma is for the Breath of the Wild amiibos. Holy crap, I am not sure which Link to get. I plan on getting Zelda, but I don't know whether to get Archer or Horse Link as well? Any thoughts ?

Alrighty everyone I am buying a Nintendo Switch and I currently only have the Shovel Knight amiibo in anticipation of the Teasure Trove collection. My real dilemma is for the Breath of the Wild amiibos. Holy crap, I am not sure which Link to get. I plan on getting Zelda, but I don't know whether to get Archer or Horse Link as well? Any thoughts ?

trust me when i say you cant just buy one... you will end up with them all like the rest of us.

PtM

Banned
Wait for functionality disclosure.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just a question about disaplying amiibos inside the Ikea's detolf, which size of this product fits the forniture?

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B015NB6J82/

it comes in two sizes but I don't know honestly which one fits better by looking at amazon

anyone having this same product in their house can give me an hint? thanks

Shadoron

Quick question for AmiiboGAF: What was the release date for the "loose" version of Midna and Wolf Link in the US? Did it not just come out here like last week some time? I just picked one up, and I swear they weren't available (here in the US) outside of the Twilight Princess bundle, at least up until now. Am I mistaken?

Quick question for AmiiboGAF: What was the release date for the "loose" version of Midna and Wolf Link in the US? Did it not just come out here like last week some time? I just picked one up, and I swear they weren't available (here in the US) outside of the Twilight Princess bundle, at least up until now. Am I mistaken?

Whoa didn't even know this happened. Totally going to buy one now. Thanks

I bought some Series 3 AC amiibo cards off of target.com but they shipped me three packs of Welcome amiibo, which aren't even listed on their site. What? Returned them since I already have the complete set.

Has anyone bought more than three packs of the AC amiibo cards with Best Buy GCU and had problems? I can't find the thread anymore but when I asked about it on the official BB support forums the mod said that you were limited to 3 per series which is completely fucking dumb. Just want some confirmation before I go HAM to complete my remaining sets.

zigg

Has anyone bought more than three packs of the AC amiibo cards with Best Buy GCU and had problems? I can't find the thread anymore but when I asked about it on the official BB support forums the mod said that you were limited to 3 per series which is completely fucking dumb. Just want some confirmation before I go HAM to complete my remaining sets.
GCU limits you to three copies of each game per year, so this makes sense.

Velcro Fly

I bought 4 of the series 1 from Best Buy by just preordering something and adding a pack. Nothing happened to me but I didn't really feel like pressing my luck.

zigg

I bought 4 of the series 1 from Best Buy by just preordering something and adding a pack. Nothing happened to me but I didn't really feel like pressing my luck.
Yeah, but, did you get 20% off on the fourth?

I've never tried to buy more than two of the same discounted thing on GCU, so I don't know what happens—I just know what I read in their FAQ.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Do we still not know what the BOTW Amiibo do in game? I did some googling and could only find details on what the 30th Anniversary ones do.

I'm waffling a bit on my Archer, Rider and Zelda preorders as my Amiibo shelf is already crowded and Switch day is already pricey with the console, Zelda and a Pro Controller.

PtM

Banned
Do we still not know what the BOTW Amiibo do in game? I did some googling and could only find details on what the 30th Anniversary ones do.

I'm waffling a bit on my Archer, Rider and Zelda preorders as my Amiibo shelf is already crowded and Switch day is already price with he console, Zelda and a Pro Controller.
If you read the Zelda amiibo while she's on screen, she'll start tearing.

Velcro Fly

Yeah, but, did you get 20% off on the fourth?

I've never tried to buy more than two of the same discounted thing on GCU, so I don't know what happens—I just know what I read in their FAQ.

pretty sure I did. I don't think it automatically cuts you off but if they notice you buying like 5 or 10 of the same game at once they will ban you.

I don't get this. we still have no idea what the breath of the Wild amiibos do. I preordered the Guardian(cause it looks cool) and scrambled to get the wolf link, OoT, Wind Waker, and 8-bit today(luckily I got them all). But I'm kind of floating in the air about the other 4 BotW amiibos. Why are they waiting to announce functionality?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get this. we still have no idea what the breath of the Wild amiibos do. I preordered the Guardian(cause it looks cool) and scrambled to get the wolf link, OoT, Wind Waker, and 8-bit today(luckily I got them all). But I'm kind of floating in the air about the other 4 BotW amiibos. Why are they waiting to announce functionality?

There's many things about the Switch we still don't know, and that's also out in two weeks.

zigg

There's many things about the Switch we still don't know, and that's also out in two weeks.
He's right though; Nintendo's new MO is "please buy this thing sight unseen"—just look at the Zelda DLC, which they want you to preorder with just a bullet list of planned features without a trailer, without a screenshot, without even a description.

I miss the days when Directs would drop detailing all this stuff ahead of time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Based on the Japanese listing, it seems the FE Echoes amiibo will unlock a "special dungeon", though considering you get two, I wonder if one unlocks the dungeon, then the other unlocks something else, or if you need both of them.

Wonder what the other FE amiibo will do.

Top Bottom