• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

ag-my001

Been waiting to see this thread jump by a bunch of posts all at once. The MM Link will be mine.

Out of curiosity, if I do feel like driving to a BB, can the pre-order be changed and the shipping cost refunded?

zigg

I'm not sure why I ordered MM Link as I missed TP Link and have no hope of completing the set now, but I did

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm not sure why I ordered MM Link as I missed TP Link and have no hope of completing the set now, but I did

I'm sure you can pick up TP Link when the market is flooded with reprints two years from now.

Been waiting to see this thread jump by a bunch of posts all at once. The MM Link will be mine.

Out of curiosity, if I do feel like driving to a BB, can the pre-order be changed and the shipping cost refunded?

I think you'll have to talk to customer service on Bestbuy.com to get that done.

Woo hoo, managed to get MM Link, and went ahead and preordered both Bayo's...may not keep them but wanted to go ahead and secure just in case. Now, I just need to secure SS Link, and P2 Corrin and I'll have them all! My birthday is going to loaded up with Splatoon and amiibo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I can finally order Bayo1, but Young Link is sold out.

I thought we were past this crap of amiibo being sold out during pre-orders.

Insaniac

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I can finally order Bayo1, but Young Link is sold out.

I thought we were past this crap of amiibo being sold out during pre-orders.

as long as exclusives exist, we will deal with this crap :(

On a similar note: did anyone pick up an extra Twilight Princess (gamestop exclusive) Amiibo and want to help out a fellow GAFfer? I also have various amiibos to trade.

Azerare

Damn I was at work where I don't have access to my phone when MM Link went up. Sucks as that's the only one I wanted.

So I gotta hope nearby best buys have them at launch or pay a scalper

That's how amiibo should always be
I agree, when I first started collecting I couldn't get any of the ones I really wanted. I even went into second-hand shops to try and find them, with no luck. Here lately it seems like the stock sizes have been better seeing as how I've been able to get most of the ones I've looked for. I knew this Zelda wave and the new smash wave would be bad though, given the store exclusives. I hope this is just for these waves and Nintendo goes back to having ample stock. I don't want to see the dark ages again...

I'm curious to see e3, because I feel like they're going to announce ARMS amiibo or just more amiibo in general, too.

Jawmuncher

I agree, when I first started collecting I couldn't get any of the ones I really wanted. I even went into second-hand shops to try and find them, with no luck. Here lately it seems like the stock sizes have been better seeing as how I've been able to get most of the ones I've looked for. I knew this Zelda wave and the new smash wave would be bad though, given the store exclusives. I hope this is just for these waves and Nintendo goes back to having ample stock. I don't want to see the dark ages again...

I'm curious to see e3, because I feel like they're going to announce ARMS amiibo or just more amiibo in general, too.

Thankfully it seems like Zelda and Smash are the only annoying lines really. Animal Crossing was overboard and is now discount tier, Splatoon has stayed relatively decent in price, and hopefully splatoon 2 keeps that same trend. The Fire Emblem Shadow of Valentia line seems like it's still decently in stock for now since it's still easily preorderable. So yeah hopefully things go back to how they used to be.

I know one thing, I ain't looking forward to a new smash line.
If it happens I probably won't bother outside a few.

Thankfully it seems like Zelda and Smash are the only annoying lines really. Animal Crossing was overboard and is now discount tier, Splatoon has stayed relatively decent in price, and hopefully splatoon 2 keeps that same trend. The Fire Emblem Shadow of Valentia line seems like it's still decently in stock for now since it's still easily preorderable. So yeah hopefully things go back to how they used to be.

I know one thing, I ain't looking forward to a new smash line.
If it happens I probably won't bother outside a few.
Yeah, if they end up adding in Ice Climbers I'll buy them, but unless they have a super awesome looking redesign or add in another character I like I will stray far away from the smash line. I really liked the Animal Crossing figure line, just wish they had a Jingle figure :(

Got pre-orders on both Bayonettas!

I have not missed a single Legend of Zelda-based amiibo to date but I think with this retailer exclusive round and me just not being super tapped into amiibo news, this next wave is gonna be where I get kicked off the wagon. I missed TP Link at GameStop and I missed MM Link at Best Buy. Bit frustrated with it, but I'm still gonna try my luck on release day and hit up the local retailers to see if they have any on hand. Hope I can luck out and keep my Zelda amiibo collection going strong, because I sure as hell have never and will not give a scalper my money.

RomanceDawn

I thought I was done with this ship! Why oh why did I ignore all those Zelda Amiibo?! I really want pixel Link for the classic tunic in Breath of the Wild.

I'm not preordering anything but I'll be sure to get the Majoras Mask Link and the Skyward Sword Link when I see them.

We don't have a buy/sell/trade thread anymore do we? I need to get my hands on that classic Link!

I really wish they would reprint toon Link. I want to pick up three more to paint red, blue, and purple
There's a small chance they'll do a full reprint of the Smash line, but beyond that, any Smash characters with 1:1 equivalents in other lines are likely permanently discontinued. Zelda line Toon Link will probably be reprinted relatively soon given the demand for Zelda-line amiibo.

I really wish they would reprint toon Link. I want to pick up three more to paint red, blue, and purple

I was super lucky and picked up a Toon Link back last year (or the year before?) for like $3 used at Gamestop. I'm not even sure if some stores have those used ones anymore, but a deal like that to make your own custom is always awesome.
UM9ZDMF.jpg

In retrospect i bet I could have sold this to someone for like $100 if i didn't paint it lmao

ZugZug123

Thanks for carrying on with these threads, Diggeh ^^

Expecting a Lucina-sized mess for the Player 2 Corrin at Amazon. At least I got both Bayos from BB.

Tom_Cody

Help me out Amiibo GAF:

I'm trying to unlock my last few amiibo costumes in MK8dx. I just need a few of the Mario characters plus the villager.

1) Can I unlock the Mario costumes using the new Mario sports Amiibo cards?

2) Can I unlock the villager costume using other animal crossing Amiibos? Such as Tom Nook?

Much thanks.

Help me out Amiibo GAF:

I'm trying to unlock my last few amiibo costumes in MK8dx. I just need a few of the Mario characters plus the villager.

2) Can I unlock the villager costume using other animal crossing Amiibos? Such as Tom Nook?

Much thanks.

1) Unsure
2) Yes

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to the Nintendo amiibo site, you can use the AC cards. I would assume that would also mean the Mario cards as well, but it isn't listed on their site.

Bouniter

Damn, says they're out of stock when I try and check out. :(

I just got through to the review page, but as I already have an order I'd rather not actual click pay now.

Where was it cancelling for you?

And my apologies if they actually don't have them and were just teasing us.

Ein Bear

I just got through to the review page, but as I already have an order I'd rather not actual click pay now.

Where was it cancelling for you?

And my apologies if they actually don't have them and were just teasing us.

Yeah, it's when you hit 'pay now' that the out of stock error message pops up.

No worries. Game's website is absolutely terrible, it really does look like they're in stock. I'm guessing the Bayonetta and new Zelda amiibo are all Game-exclusive in the UK? I've not seen them pop up anywhere else.

Tom_Cody

Help me out Amiibo GAF:

Much thanks.

That's the quandary. It seems like it should work, but I want confirmation.
Anyone else?

Bouniter

Yeah, it's when you hit 'pay now' that the out of stock error message pops up.

No worries. Game's website is absolutely terrible, it really does look like they're in stock. I'm guessing the Bayonetta and new Zelda amiibo are all Game-exclusive in the UK? I've not seen them pop up anywhere else.

Bayonetta is still a mystery in the UK regards exclusivity as far as I can tell with only Game having offered them so far. Same story for Cloud.

The Zelda Amiibo on the other hand have been up on Amazon UK, but people seem to believe the shipping restrictions on skyward sword link mean he is an exclusive to them.

But honestly I don't think anyone actually knows, which frankly is ridiculous.

Edit a helpful Link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/678dg2/easy_access_and_preorder_status_chart_v2/

This is a super useful reddit post that gives you links to all the sites currently with access to the new amiibo.

Your best current bet for getting the Zelda ones ordered atm are to keep an eye on the Amazon ES AND IT links and grab one from there when they become available (bare in mind skyward link doesn't look like he can be shipped internationally though). Other than that its a case of waiting for the other UK stores to possibly put them up

So my Wal-Mart got every Breath of the Wild amiibo in except Zelda :/

Is she rare already? :(

Honestly it seems they're all rare already other then the Bokoblin one.

It's the only one I've seen orderable online through like Best Buy/Amazon still at a normal price last time I checked.

JDdelphin

You can find BOTW Rider Link and Archer Link pop up sometimes as well.
At local retail and online.

They don't last long but I've seen them out there for msrp along with the bokoblin

The saddest part to me it seems like there are plenty out there... they were all just grabbed instantly by scalpers.
Its a neverending parade of 2× 3x 4x 5x markups online.

'Lets all pretend like Shieks were hard to find this whole time and entire runs were not just collecting massive amounts of dust in bargain bins. $80.'

Top Bottom