• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Prime members only for SS Link.

F off Amazon.

Wow that realllly sucks for everyone that doesn't have it. Amazon not looking good as they take over the retailer market :/

I refreshed and it popped up, and added a couple items too I had in cart (should help pad it in the box).

Thoraxes

Wow that realllly sucks for everyone that doesn't have it. Amazon not looking good as they take over the retailer market :/

I refreshed and it popped up, and added a couple items too I had in cart (should help pad it in the box).

Luckily I have a friend with Prime who is cool with helping me out, and he snagged it for me!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Anyone ever order amiibo from Amazon Japan? Thinking of getting Callie & Marie from there along with maybe one or two other Splatoon-themed tchotchkes.

Nice, available just as I arrive home for my lunch break. I also accidentally had Prime (did the free trial and instead of the trial ending it just renewed me for a year. I cancelled it and it expires tomorrow. They're going to pull this same bullshit with Corrin, aren't they....

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Lol why did everyone decide today is the time to complain about exclusive Amiibo and rate 1 star on Amazon? No mention of Prime-only being the issue. Just being exclusive to Amazon. (What year is it?)

zulux21

Lame. GCU has spoiled me. Between that and already having a bunch of Links I'm probably going to cancel.

I wouldn't be ordering if I didn't want female corrin so much.

figure it will be the only figure I will have new sealed that might have the value for a straight up trade if I miss corrin.

Koppai

I imagine Female Corrin will go up the same day the other Smash figures release. Amazon stopped doing preorders and limits to 1 per customer.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Do we have a amiibo-specific trading thread? Kinda tempted to trade some of my boxed Smash series for some other series if someone is interested in such things.

SeanR1221

How did you just order it? Trying to lock one down myself, but not seeing on Best Buy.

Edit - sorry, got my exclusives mixed up. You got MM and I assume you just got it in store at Best Buy.

Yeah I happened to have off today so I got to Best Buy at 10 and they had like 12 out

Chorazin

I'll be skipping the Splatoon amiibo. If they're like last time there'll be an over abundance and it'll go on sale .

Same here, those I'm not dying for. And as far as we know, the old ones do the same thing in game.

I'm curious about what the Squid Sisters do in game, I don't think they've said anything about that yet.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I signed up for a free trial of Prime. I feel like such a sucker.

So since Female Corrin will go up 28 days from today, and Amazon probably will pull this exclusive shit with her, too, I'm gonna hold off on cancelling until I order that Amiibo. It'll practically be my reminder to cancel, heh. And I'll get free two-day shipping to boot, which is the only nice thing about getting free Prime for SS Link today.

Nabbed it. Thanks LINEGaf

Female Corrin is the only one left now. I'm really sad Amazon stopped doing the 20% discount. I wonder if they lost a lot of money on it or something? They'll probably lose a lot of business with amiibo fanatics I'm imagining since GCU is king now.

Really wish Gamestop would get their shit together and get a better rewards system/work out that horrible shipping problem.

Top Bottom