• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Irrational Fear of a Black Invasion: China

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so sorry my darker skinned pals. Even as a brown man, I have hard time imagining all the shit you have to endure for your higher melanin production. This is horrible.

China cant have it's cake and eat it too. They are heavily invested in a few territories in Africa. Opening the door to international relations and business is a 2 way street

I agree with your sentiments 100% don't get it twisted. But let's be really real here: This has never been true. The rest of the nations on earth have done NOTHING but exploit the natural wealth contained on the African continent. It was never a two-way street. China is just another in a long line of invaders to exploit Africa. Ain't no one interested in holding hands with us and moving forward together.

Literally what the fuck did we do to have the entire Earth go "Yeah, you guys can get fucked"

Well I know it's rhetorical but obviously nothing. Humans are a weak, scared, pathetic species. No amount of evidence to the contrary can convince us of anything if we choose to ignore or deny it. In this particular context we hold on to some fantasy of a perfect society while continuing to claim we're not racist nor intolerant; just that we want blacks/minorities somewhere else.

Anyway this is obviously not new in Asian culture.

Every Chinese friend, colleague, or even acquaintance I've even known has mentioned that mainland Chinese are the most racist people on the face of the earth.

I've only been to HK for business so can't speak of that myself, but they've all made it seem like the racism is something that all Chinese people acknowledge.

Dali

Every Chinese friend, colleague, or even acquaintance I've even known has mentioned that mainland Chinese are the most racist people on the face of the earth.

I've only been to HK for business so can't speak of that myself, but they've all made it seem like the racism is something that all Chinese people acknowledge.
Well if these are the same people that let their kids shit or pee wherever then what sort of expectations can you have?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Guess it is their country. Since asians are minorities too, you can't really judge them.
Nah, forget this. We can and we will.
Any group regardless of ethnicity can be racist as fuck and can also be judged based on their racist actions/words.

A country of bees?

China be like

hnGNH.gif

yeah... that's freaking a lot of Chinese people I know, even some of the well educated ones. I hate this but they really don't have any sense of political correctness and racial sensitivity in China, partly due to the fact they're such a close society and the way their culture developed in all those years.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
USA should really move from the "minorities" discourse. Being a minority is not a required status for being discriminated at. On many parts of the world you will find that whites are privileged even though they are minorities.

Now, a small history lesson. China was never outright conquered by outsiders, and they saw themselves as superior to the west, until the British humiliated them with like 1-500 causality rates during the Opium wars. Many see their recent acquired might as returning where they really belong. Is kinda sad.

If anyone is out there in space, can you beam me up, I've had enough of this stupid backwards planet. I'll scrub space toilets, I'll do anything, just get me off this fucking blue marble infested with idiots.

orochi91

If their population [keeps growing], China will change from a nation-state to an immigration country, from a yellow country to a black-and-yellow country.

This level of paranoia and delusion is insane.

:/

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is kind of a repeat of the Japan-Brazil thing, only on a much larger scale.

Timbuktu

I'm not sure what region in the world is actually doing well with regards to racism. Feels like it's bad everywhere.

This is what happens when America exports its racist ideologies for centuries.

LOL of course this is somehow America's fault. Truth is the world is pretty racist without any help from the US of A. Racism is not just an American thing. Not even close. They didn't start it and there are many places that are much more intolerant than the US.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That's incredibly rich coming from the country that invaded a number of neighbouring states, swamped them with wave after wave of Han Chinese migrants, and then turned around and told the world, "what are you talking about, these lands were always Chinese?!"

PSlayer

LOL of course this is somehow America's fault. Truth is the world is pretty racist without any help from the US of A. Racism is not just an American thing. Not even close. They didn't start it and there are many places that are much more intolerant than the US.

There are people who still thinks racism is something that started because of eurocentrism. Every society no matter how culturally isolated have some level of fair skin bias for reasons that are more complex than 'those white imperialists,am i right?'

Meadows

Banned
You know what it is.

mediocre popular rap music

blackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellowblackandyellow

Glin

Guess they are done with being polite towards African relationships they have build. Meaning China got what it needs in Africa and do dgaf anymore.

If their population [keeps growing], China will change from a nation-state to an immigration country, from a yellow country to a black-and-yellow country

But there's more people in China than all of Africa. That's going to take quite a bit of effort...

He's not African for starters. The politician seemed to specifically be speaking on migrants from Africa. I know plenty of black (American) people that dislike/distrust Africans. Doesn't make it right and doesnt mean china is happy to have other black people. Just pointing out there is a difference.

Edit: the article even has an anecdote from an American that basically says Chinese people treat him like one of the good ones (presumably because he's not African).

And how are they suppose to tell the difference?

Top Bottom