• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapages

CF_Fighter said:
Does rooting my device and installing the ROM of ICS when it eventually comes out create any kind of trouble for me on the carrier end in terms of insurance coverage and customer support?

I just got an GSII on AT&T yesterday.

Nulls your warranty from what I understand. :\

teiresias

Still on my EVO 4G, but with all the LTE announcements from Sprint I feel I need to wait until the latter half of 2012 before getting a new phone - that is going to be PAINFUL!!

Though honestly, with Cyanogen on the EVO, I don't feel as if the phone is slow or anything. It definitely doesn't feel like it's chugging. I do just wish I had a phone with an OLED screen.

daoster

One thing I wish they'd add for Google Music player is the option to control my playlist from the lock screen, like Amazon's music player....I mean, I can sorta do that with CM7, but it's not perfect (sometimes it'll control the Pocketcast player), and when I was running Nil's Business Gingersense, I couldn't even control the music on my lock screen!

nib95

Banned
reKon said:
tumblr_lspb9gf8xZ1r4smp9o1_500.jpg

mmmm

All over my everything!

But please please have good battery life!

Why does Google not make a Nexus pmp, aka the Prime without the phone? Would be the best pmp, stock android for those with phones with skins.

RevoDS

Is that picture a mockup or is it official?

If real, then goddamn, ICS is pretty. Screw Sense, I might actually go with an AOSP-based ROM.

kinggroin

Banned
jayb said:
hmmm, at the very end of that video when he opens the camera from the lock screen, it looked like the back/home/recent apps bar went away. how would you get back to the home screen?

You cant see it in the video, but just like Honeycomb, the soft buttons become tiny dots that are still active. They turn that way so as not to become a distraction.

kehs

Banned
jayb said:
hmmm, at the very end of that video when he opens the camera from the lock screen, it looked like the back/home/recent apps bar went away. how would you get back to the home screen?

Well, he did open it up from the lock screen...so they technically shouldn't have access to the to rest of the phone.

+1 Google.

Yoshiya

Kaiken said:
Where did this come from?
This needs to release already!!!
A real pic of the Prime leaked out yesterday. That's how it actually looks.

Do we still expect the Transformer 2 with Kal-El to be the flagship ICS tablet? Nvidia has really fallen off the map in the second half of the year.

VanWinkle

I wonder if it's actually that curved from the side, since in the teaser video there's kind of a curtain effect on the video so you can't see the whole phone.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I actually kind of wish Google would make all the manufacturers use the stock ICS interface.

Also, I love that, at least from the new market, and the recently leaked music and google+ apps, the interfaces are cohesive! Thank the lord almighty!

I like the folder look. Will that be a default thing? I created a Google only app folder on my Droid X, so I wonder if they'll be grouping their stuff like that from the onset.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
bangai-o said:
do any devices have an hdmi in? so as to connect a console to it and play videogames
It would be awesome to use a phone or a tablet as a monitor, but there is not such thing in the market at the moment. Hopefully this functionality will exist in the future.

clav

Are the three buttons on the front side touch capacitive or physical?

If Samsung were smart, this phone should not be carrier exclusive.

VanWinkle

claviertekky said:

They are embedded in the software. It's on the screen. If they're like Honeycomb, they're contextual as well.

Most people believe the 3 buttons are the bottom of the screen. This is similar to the Android tablets which have no physical buttons at all and the "buttons" are just screen overlays.

Husker86

claviertekky said:

If Samsung were smart, this phone should not be carrier exclusive.
They are part of the display. Portion of it is reserved for them like in HC tablets.

clav

Aside from the power button and probably a volume rocker, there are no other physical buttons on the phone?

I'm not so sure if I like that.

clav

I don't like the design of capacitive buttons. A physical button makes users feel secure that there's an escape key to exit the current session to return to a home screen. That feeling of a click is very satisfying.

Seems like a step backwards to me.

Maybe there's something we don't know about those buttons. Do they change shape/form according to programs running?

kehs

Banned
claviertekky said:
I don't like the design of capacitive buttons. A physical button makes users feel secure that there's an escape key to exit the current session to return to a home screen. That feeling of a click is very satisfying.

Maybe there's something we don't know about those buttons. Do they change shape/form according to programs running?

My current capacitive buttons on my N1 don't offer any "click", so pretty much nothing has changed except that now I can hide those buttons.

Yes, the good thing about that "area" is that it's software driven and can change depending on situations.

Cipherr

claviertekky said:

Thats eerily similar to what people said about onscreen keyboards and the initial iPhone. And the capacitive buttons that have dominated for a while now are giving a click really.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, permanent software buttons is a great idea.

Samsung Nexus Prime (GT-I9250) Passes Through FCC With T-Mobile/AT&T Bands

As if things couldn’t get anymore confusing surrounding the impending Nexus Prime launch, the Samsung GT-I9250 has just passed through the FCC today adding a little more fuel to the “two different Primes” debate. As you can see from the above picture, this GSM version — I9250 — is supporting both AT&T and T-Mobile bands but sadly no LTE.

http://phandroid.com/2011/10/08/sam...50-passes-through-fcc-with-t-mobileatt-bands/

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really anxious for things to just become official, I don't want to be disappointed.. but everything is just turning out to be so perfect. Just waiting for the catch.

clav

Jtwo said:
I'm really anxious for things to just become official, I don't want to be disappointed.. but everything is just turning out to be so perfect. Just waiting for the catch.
Hopefully the battery is user replaceable, and the phone doesn't have that remote turn-off switch.

Zapages

sweet. If Nexus releases on AT&T... I will get it for sure. but a 4.65 inch screen is quiet large.

Hopefully it comes with 8 MB camera instead of 5 MB one. :)

clav

wario said:
i'm not seeing 2100 mhz frequency which i believe is necessary for t-mo 3g?
I thought it was 1700 MHZ.

1900 MHZ is used for the cell radio.

I think T-Mobile USA operates with both 1700/2100 MHZ frequencies for data depending on area.

kehs

Banned
The 2100 is the shared band, so it's there by default.

Also dual band wifi 2.4ghz AND 5.0ghz wifi?

Holy shit, Google is going all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom