• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Ty4on

One plus 5 is perfectly in line with a modern Chinese flagship which in itself is pretty novel for the US. Cheaper to import a xiaomi or something but you get a warranty and a fairly stock OS out of the box.

Seems like honor 9 in the US isn't happening any time soon, no word from zte.

As of now oneplus really is alone in this category of affordable 835 phones on stockish android with a US warranty.

The world would be a much better place with more stock skinned Android phones ;_;

Imagine a Mi6 without a skin

this_guy

Why is the Android hardware ecosystem so utter garbage this year? All I want is the following:

Nexus OS (no bloat)
Minimum bezel top and bottom
Latest Snapdragon
4GB
Fingerprint Sensor
Great camera, one that rivals the 6P
Basically a high-end phone with minimum bezel, no bloat and a great camera. I don't care for waterproofing or headphone jack.

I wasn't before but now I'm anxiously waiting on the Essential phone reviews. I love the S8 look but my word I can't trust Samsung with software. 1+5 has bezels from 2015. LG lol. HTC is alive? Motorola haha.

You want the best feature from several different phones. There is no one phone that has the best everything.

Ty4on

You want the best feature from several different phones. There is no one phone that has the best everything.
Why not? It's fucking 2017 and Android OEMs still trip over themselves when making flagships while jacking the prices up.

They have all the pieces. Pixel camera module with OIS, tons of great screens LCD and AMOLED, S835 is beefy and efficient, 3000+ mAh batteries fit into everything and stock skin isn't exactly rocket science. Moto has no trouble using it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Groof

so is anyone else having some sites flash black & white on chrome beta on the O preview? gaf crashes chrome beta for me because of that

NeOak

Get a life proof case.

Already using an Otterbox Defender.

The problem is that I usually walk over gravel at work. And my first S8+ fell face down on it. There is no case that can save a screen from that, except Tempered Glass.

Already have suffered a few scares with my 2nd S8+.

Idk, but I don't wanna have to pay another $100 deductible for a third S8+.

Jeffrey

have you tried not dropping your phone?
kinda hard these days, feel like each phone company is competing to make the slipperiest shit.

So why is the vibration motor in the s8 leagues better than any other android phone? only one i turn on vibration for keyboard and nav button press, every other phone just feels 'tingy'.

The oneplus 5 is so damn fast. Plus it doesn't even get hot, which is incredible. First phone I've used that doesn't really get hot at all. The S8+ I have can cook eggs. I also love the new build and curves on the OP5. Feels good in the hand
ladies
Unfortunately, both OnePlus 5 units I own have the jello effect when scrolling :( Does yours have it Jeffrey?

Jeffrey

The oneplus 5 is so damn fast. Plus it doesn't even get hot, which is incredible. First phone I've used that doesn't really get hot at all. The S8+ I have can cook eggs. I also love the new build and curves on the OP5. Feels good in the hand
ladies
Unfortunately, both OnePlus 5 units I own have the jello effect when scrolling :( Does yours have it Jeffrey?

yep. seems likely its just a software thing though. doesn't really bother me.

And yeah op5 is stupid fast. s8 could be on snapdragon 400 series chipset in comparison and I'd believe it.

yep. seems likely its just a software thing though. doesn't really bother me.

And yeah op5 is stupid fast. s8 could be on snapdragon 400 series chipset in comparison and I'd believe it.

Yeah I powered up my s8+ again after using the OnePlus 5 and it's no comparison. Everything you do on the s8 is just so slow in comparison.

reKon

Banned
This app finger touch is brilliant...

Makes it so that the home button on S7 phones activates on touch instead of having to press down. This makes the phone feel more responsive alone because when you press the home button, there's always delay in going to the home screen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Better than that... Twitter PR Leaks?

20170629_1507082hu4v.png

Husker86

I know some phones unofficially work with Fi, but my understanding is that they don't have the network switching ability and only work with T-Mobile. I may be misremembering, though.
This is correct.

Any device that is unlocked can use the SIM as just data on T-Mobile. Since Project Fi works through Hangouts, you can still call/text from that device.

This app finger touch is brilliant...

Makes it so that the home button on S7 phones activates on touch instead of having to press down. This makes the phone feel more responsive alone because when you press the home button, there's always delay in going to the home screen.

Is the app called easyHome? It sounds like something I'd like to try.

Furyous

How the fuck does this happen with 8 gigs of ram? If OP released this at $400 then this would've be as huge of an issue but the 8 gig variant costs $539.

I'm in the market for a prepaid backup Android device. I could barely one hand the G4 Play and could barely use the G3. What's the best midrange prepaid android device right today?

The Samsung A3 and A5 look nice but both of them don't come with a notification light or my girl IR B but they're barely in the prepaid category.

Jeffrey

The lack of amazon prime oneplus 5 cases is a bummer. Thing is mad slippery. Haven't taken it outside yet. Order some cheap case off ebay.

Top Bottom