• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Software Thread - Tasty Desserts, Tastier Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Worms is available for android. It runs perfectly on m my evo. It's not on the market yet. Here's some screens.

snap20101231_181629_edit0.jpg

snap20101231_183320_edit0.jpg

snap20101231_183402_edit0.jpg

The names aren't cut off in the game that's just a shoot me error
Where could I snag the apk?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
thespot84 said:
Audiogalaxy does that for me.

Just started using this app. It amazing.
The UI and design is fantastic and the streaming experience is brilliant.

Also like the way you can access your music from any PC through the website.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If a mod could lock this thread and the hardware thread so we can all properly migrate to the new thread, that would be awesome.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Worms for android..... my prayers have literally been answered.

puebla

gaf please help me. i didn't update launcherpro and now i can't use my phone at all. i can't go to home page or settings. everytime i try to it just takes me to a launcherpro webpage that's not even working. somebody please help me get my phone to work.

Gabyskra

Banned
puebla said:
gaf please help me. i didn't update launcherpro and now i can't use my phone at all. i can't go to home page or settings. everytime i try to it just takes me to a launcherpro webpage that's not even working. somebody please help me get my phone to work.

Try to find a link on alternate markets that will open your market app. That's how I solved the problem on my girlfriend's galaxy s

maybe appbrain works : http://www.appbrain.com/app/launcherpro/com.fede.launcher

Bboy AJ said:
If a mod could lock this thread and the hardware thread so we can all properly migrate to the new thread, that would be awesome.

I really wish this would stay open. I'm not interested in new android hardware. I'd rather the software have it's own thread. This place has been great for discovering new apps; not gonna be the same if every things mixed up.

puebla

thanks to both of u who replied. i was able to download adw launcher from appbrain and install it. i don't like it but i'll get used to it. again thanks.

How is there no Scrabble app on the Market? The EA Scrabble game for iPhone is awesome. Have they said anything about bringing that to Android?

KiKaL

Blu_LED said:
How is there no Scrabble app on the Market? The EA Scrabble game for iPhone is awesome. Have they said anything about bringing that to Android?
Have you tried wordfeud?

Pachimari

I have to ask this. I have tried buying in the Android Marketplace for the first time with my creditcard, first time it didn't begin the download, and I asked for my money back; I haven't gotten them back yet but probably get the return on monday.

So I tried again today and it has taken the money from my creditcard but it stil doesn't download, it keeps staying at the "accepting" process for a long time, why is that and what do I do?

I'm talking about the game Air Control.
Now I have "wasted" DDK 17,- twice until it stars downloading.. It's on a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Pro Mini, runs Android 2.1.

Edit:
Now I tried logging in to Google Talk and even restarting the whole phone, still nothing works. Now it just says "Download failed" all the time... I feel real cheated right now, anything I can do?

Pachimari

Anyone knows this?
It says the game has been bought but it also says "download failed".
Can't seem to get the game onto the phone after having paid for it.

calza

My gf is getting a SE X10 Mini Pro delivered tomorrow, I know its not the best android device but she got a really good deal for it (£15 for basically unlimited calls, texts and internet).

I was just wondering what are your guys currently most used apps? And also I have not been able to see how the X10 Mini does messaging but she really likes the 'converstation' style/iPhone. I know I can install chompsms but I would like to keep it as simple as possible.

I've got a few apps that I will install right away,

Angry Birds
Google Googles
Dropbox
Facebook
Twitter
Maps

Any more essential apps?

I am also thinking of getting the Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, anybody on gaf got it?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Anastacio said:
Anyone knows this?
It says the game has been bought but it also says "download failed".
Can't seem to get the game onto the phone after having paid for it.
Couple of things to try:

Check how much internal storage you have left. If the amount of free space for apps goes below 10%, Android won't allow new apps to be downloaded. Check that you have enough space and clear up space if you have to.

You could also try clearing the data and cache for the Market app through Application Manager (SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPLICATIONS). You should be able to filter by "All" applications to find the Market app and then try deleting any cache and data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom