• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angela Rye absolutely sons Joe Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

She was using Jesus as a synonym for "Perfect", there is a saying in America "Black people have to be twice as good, to get half as much as white people". No one in the history of American politics was as scandal free as Barrack, they literally had to create fantasies to try to hang something on him.
Either that or attack his fucking pastor. That right there told you Barrack was running one of the best campaigns ever.

rambis

Banned
Thought rambis meant attractive
Glad someone got it lol.
Contextually, when you said she was bad and followed with "I couldn't hear her half the time" the use of bad pointed to her being bad at oration, not at how attractive she is.

JFC It means I was staring and having thoughts that were washing out what she was saying. Basically the opposite of what Bill O Reilly was saying about Maxine. Let it go pops.

As someone who doesn't watch the main cable news channels (do watch BBC, Newshour, Vice), it baffles me that someone thinks putting Joe Walsh on TV is a reasonable thing. CNN desperate to appear 'fair' just brings it down more and more.

I can't stand Joe Walsh, but......what? It's completely reasonable to put him on the air. Just because we don't agree with him doesn't mean he doesn't A: have the right to voice his opinion publicly, and B: doesn't have the right to be invited on a cable news show. We're not talking about David Duke here.

It's not CNN "appearing" fair, they ARE being fair.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Glad someone got it lol.

JFC It means I was staring and having thoughts that were washing out what she was saying. Basically the opposite of what Bill O Reilly was saying about Maxine. Let it go pops.

FWIW, I understood what you were getting at just fine

and my god, Angela Rye is my politics waifu

I can't stand Joe Walsh, but......what? It's completely reasonable to put him on the air. Just because we don't agree with him doesn't mean he doesn't A: have the right to voice his opinion publicly, and B: doesn't have the right to be invited on a cable news show. We're not talking about David Duke here.

He's racist trash and shouldn't be given a platform on a national cable news network.

CNN gonna CNN.

theWB27

Overt racism isn't the only form. Joe was trying to be low key with his, but it still shined just fine. Despite his credentials Joe Walsh feels Obama isn't qualified and gee golly I wonder why.

Jonnax

"Let's please be respectful to one and other, we can have different opinions"
What a trash moderator.

The radio bigot arguing about some bar lowering with Obama when the current president is a reality TV star. But hey, he knows that his audience is dumb enough to accept it.

Derwind

The "opinions" being shared are not equal though.

One person is starting from a position as a normal talking head.

The other is starting from a position that is in defense against an ideology that basically defines her as subhuman.

Not equal opinions my man. Shouldn't be treated as equal.

"Let's please be respectful to one and other, we can have different opinions"
What a trash moderator.

The radio bigot arguing about some bar lowering with Obama when the current president is a reality TV star. But hey, he knows that his audience is dumb enough to accept it.

And to add, in his tweet it literally states that its "because he's black".

C8HD9NbU0AAA7Mt.jpg

He brought race into this.

How do you read that and pretend this guy isn't a racist piece of shit?

Dude Abides

Banned
Yes, he started to apologize for being invited even though he's a bigot.

Like, he starts to call himself a bigot and doesn't really argue against the claim.

He was being sarcastic and mocking Rye's calling him a bigot. "Oh, I'm sooooo sorry that you have to have a hoooorible bigot like me on your show."

Having people on TV to hash out their twitter beef is pretty fucking dumb in the first place but CNN gonna CNN.

Derwind

"We lowered the bar because he was black."

"Why does it always have to be about race"

Lol wtf is this guy talking about.

Dogging black folk is such a national past-time, it's not even considered a racial issue.

Black person sticking up for themselves... well shit, you brought race into it.

rambis

Banned
Finally caught up on all this and WTF?

We "lowered the standard for Obama because he was black"(Which is bullshit no matter which reason he chose).

Angela reads him.

"But why you gotta bring up his race?"

johnsmith

remember me
CNN needs to keep getting called out on having racists on air. They had Steve King the Nazi on air just a few days after he made his call for white supremacy.

datbapple

Banned
She was great and fuck that CNN anchor for trying to play the both sides please be respectful shit

That was driving me absolutely crazy.
The faux concern facial squinting.
The "oh my gosh i never expected this to happen!!!"
The incredulous looks at both speakers.
The ending "well that was nuts right everybody??? I had no idea this would happen!"

A demonstration of why people of color cannot trust anyone other than themselves to call out injustice. It all boils down to being fair to both sides. Someone please post that comic of indy being told to reason with a nazi.

Apt101

I'm over news outlets that invite hateful and ignorant people to segments and try to make it seem as though their message is valid and deserving of equitable consideration with rational discourse. They're supposed to be the fourth pillar and speak truth to such people in power (or of great influence), not provide them with a platform.

Anyway, at least Rye didn't entertain the theater. Whoever that host was (her name escapes me) and her producers can eat a dick. "Please be respectful". Yea, why not bring on some skin heads while we're at it and see what their input on the matter is.

Jokab

There is a good chunk of America that still believes he is an African that tricked his way into the white house to kill white people. No matter what reality and facts tell them

A common compliant from the GOP was Obama was too prepared, that he gave too much thought to his words

Fast Forward to trump and the same people say take it easy on Trump he doesn't know being president was going to be so hard

Boils down to that in order to get a black man in office, he had to have zero controversy or political/social scandals during his entire time in public life.

Obama was virtually spotless as far as politicians and celebrities go, catered to diplomacy for much of his presidency (rather than vilifying the right as hardcore liberals preferred) and still spent much of his presidency being subject to baseless rumors of being in a secret Muslim cabal dedicated to destroying Israel and the US. Oh, and that he hates white people which is why he expressed sympathy for victims of police violence.

I see, thanks for the information.

JayDub

"...when Black people need to be twice as good all the time."

Now, Im not a racist. But I would be considered ignorant. I say, "God, why can't we move AWAY from the race card? and move ourselves past this."

But that quote really did something to me. Its making me think past what I know.

I could walk into a 7-11 with a hoodie and not be looked at twice. If a black man did it, he'd be followed or stared at. A black man would have to put down his hoodie, walk straighter, deepen (or straighten) his voice, smile more, be more polite. Now, any person of any race looking "suspicious" would be followed and stared at, but black men have it worse. What would make me look 40% suspicious would make a black man 90% suspicious because of the color of his skin.

I used to think BLM is annoying and unnecessary at our current racial climate. An excuse for the black community as a whole to play the race card. That their methods are too disruptive.

I know now that, as much as we have changed as a society from outright racism, its moved towards "silent" racism. Institutionalized racism. Racism in policies, thought processes and structures that make it more difficult for black people.

BLM NEEDS to be disruptive to get the attention of people like me who, to put racial sensitivity back to the forefront of my mind and to think about these things. It IS necessary because black people are not trophies (on one end) and should not be treated as different (on the other end). They're simply people who needs to be treated FAIRLY.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
edit:

nvm. I'm misremembering which racist assholes in Illinois went after Tammy Duckworth at different times. my bad.

Typical intellectualized racism. No one wants to come out and just flat out state "I don't like niggers" so they have to cloak their sentiment in plausible deniability while setting off just enough dog whistles to let folks know where they stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom