• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angry" fans send Bioware 400 Cupcakes

Yes, let's send Bioware a message that shitty endings result in a flood of cupcakes.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They raised $1000 for it. I don't know what is the deal with the COD thing.

And it's not that much considering it's a group effort.

I did this with M night shamaalalalgn's the Village. Hated the ending so I bitched and spent useless money trying to get him to change the ending but it fell on deaf ears. I'm still crying about it to this day in my pillow. I guess I should have went the cupcake route.

You know. I felt the same way as you. Then I played it and saw the ending and yeah, the outrage is pretty much deserved.

Damn it, I'm really excited to play it now.

Very weird feeling to be excited about a game to see how shit it's ending is :p

May hold off until Bioware address it though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
should send them to Obsidian ,poor guys will kill for some cupcakes or anything to eat now.

lol, they cant win. Bioware kills their universe and they get cupcakes. Obsidian outdoes their predecessors and they get jumped on for bugs and lose bonuses to metacritic scores.

PSGames

say what you want about the underlying agenda, but there are some fans there who are clever enough to make it impossible for bioware ignore them. The fundraiser was a stroke of genius, and this is both smart and hilarious.

I mean seriously. These are the first fans I've ever seen put their money where their mouth is. Pretty awesome.

Haunted

Exactly. The issue is not the "bittersweet" parts of the ending, it's the stuff surrounding it. I really really hope BioWare get that, and don't think we want more happy endings.
I'm sure they're getting the message and are preparing the fourth ending as DLC (only $9.99!) where the Reapers are bested in regular combat and everyone lives happily ever after.

sTeLioSco

Banned
These fans... they are from another planet or something...
At least they didn't Kickstart this idea.

mass effect has lot of fans.
bioware wanted a lot of customers to buy the game and promised a lot of stuff for mass effect3

when you screw a lot of people,things happen.......

Revenant

well they showed bioware! This whole thing generated some good conversation and shows how far games have come to be able to get this type of response, but then there are people who spoil that by lame stunts and writing angry obscene posts about bioware.

Vire

More info:

Bioware Forums said:
Ok, I have spoken to a bakery located really close to Bioware studio's. They are called:
http://www.fusscupcakes.com

The approximate cost for this is $1005.00. That includes delivery, attaching our notes and letters, and having some photos taken of our creation. Note** Owner was kind enough to drop the price due to bulk.

The company DOES NOT have a paypal account. That means that I will have to place the order, and take contributions directly to my own paypal, and pay for it that way. Will have a final figure in the next hour.

IN ADDITION:

Every single person who contributes, will be able to write a brief note to be attached to the cupcakes. We will also, as a community, write a letter from all of us to Bioware. All the cupcakes will be divided into equal parts Red, Blue and Green colors... but they will all taste exactly the same.

If you'd like to participate, please check out the thread below and let us know.

These cupcakes can be delivered by the end of the week. Personally, I'm shooting for Thursday or Friday, since that's well in advance of PAX.

Added to OP.

While this is funny, I really can't stand fanatic Bioware fans.

I hope they will get their neckbeard dream ending where Shepard comes down to planet Earth and chooses every single one of them to his team and they fly to space and shit so they can finally shut up
Until first Dragon Age 3 preview comes out

sTeLioSco

Banned
****UPDATE**** Check out this letter I got from Fuss Cupcakes!

1:50 PM (0 minutes ago)"Hi Sam, That's
awesome! I got a call from a reporter for Forbes this morning also. I'm
amazed at how much attention you guys can create in such a short time!

I'll send you the pictures as soon as the order is finished."

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10635792/62

expect another article from Forbes(click on advertisements on their site when you are there :) )
the delivery is 30march.....

mollipen

Yes, let's send Bioware a message that shitty endings result in a flood of cupcakes.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Ugh. I can't believe all of the people getting up in arms over this. The people at BioWare are still human beings, and this is something being done as a nice gesture after fans have been acting like total a-holes to them lately.

I'm not saying people don't have the right to complain, but the way some people have been doing it is ridiculous. So, this is something being done to show that not all of BioWare's fans are like that, and to say that while fans do have legitimate complaints, those complaints doesn't always have to be presented in such un-friendly ways.

And it's been said that the money for these cupcakes has already been collected. Obviously the COD thing isn't going to be the end result.

We reached our goal of $1,005.00 in under an hour! You guys blew up my email box. As I type this, it's huddled in a corner crying :p.

Goddam, some of you are so serious. I think this is a fun idea...

I'll take this kind of protest over death threats to CEO's family any day.

Vire

SMH, some small business gets fucked in the end.

Nah,

Bryan Johnson said:
wrote...

Your invoice states COD, I dont want to see these people losing their money.

Those of us who hold the line, honor our promises, sir.

Confirmation coming soon.

Just wanted to make sure this was completely legit :)

ultron87

So the cupcakes mean they want the Penny Arcade ending?

i-dfFJj7N-X2.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Will Bioware even get the joke?

BioWare is made up of many, many people and, if the leaks/gossip is accurate, many were not in favour of the ending we got. So yes, they will the joke, and probably enjoy it.

gokieks

It's not cash on delivery - I think that's just an error on the bakery's part in how they do their invoices (or how they do them before actually processing the CC). He already paid the $1005 by credit card, as can be seen on the e-mail exchange between him and the bakery owner:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9896/confirmation2j.png

And I can't believe people are hating on this. It's a hilarious way to send a message that's not mean-spirited or destructive. And really, $1000 as part of a group fund raiser (which was how it was done) is really not that much money.

Top Bottom