• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

That was a brilliant parody

He should do more of these for other shitty games. Like Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu, or Bible Adventures, or Deadly Towers.

Maybe reimagine the licensed games, like a Back to the Future movie that's just Marty running, throwing shakes at Biff, blocking hearts from his mom, blocking notes with a huge ass guitar, and driving through a storm.

Hmm, it looks like he needs a ton of work still.

It's not going to be an actual movie. It's a joke trailer.

maharg

idspispopd
I heard he had a fit when he learned about the auto-levels and rage quit the game.

Going on Twitter saying they're stupid. Apparently he doesn't seem to understand that they're just fun creations that people invest hours of time into to get it right.

I'm with him on this, they're fucking annoying when they show up in 100 Mario (especially when they show up in every other level on the lower two difficulties). I wish they'd get categorized separately.

I heard he had a fit when he learned about the auto-levels and rage quit the game.

Going on Twitter saying they're stupid. Apparently he doesn't seem to understand that they're just fun creations that people invest hours of time into to get it right.

I was watching the stream, and everyone in the chat thought that. He did come on the stream later and said that it wasn't a rage quit at all, but it was his PC that ran out of hard drive space because of all the streams he left on it. But he did swap games over to NES remix.

shanafan

I was watching the stream, and everyone in the chat thought that. He did come on the stream later and said that it wasn't a rage quit at all, but it was his PC that ran out of hard drive space because of all the streams he left on it. But he did swap games over to NES remix.

digging-hole-p-com-92054054.jpg

bjork

AVGN every day is a cool thing. Something to look forward to in December is nice. I bet that BJ episode is nuts, when it's done I will probably go back through them all again.

When was the Virtual Boy review updated? I never knew he got Jack Brothers.

Edit: Now he's explaining the lion roar in the Wizard of Oz review? This is just weird. (and I liked when he didn't need to explain this stuff. kids, I guess)

I think he added that part so that the easter egg still works. In the original video the AVGN theme song plays after the lion roar but the AVGN DVDs don't play the theme song for each video so they needed to put something in its place so that it would still sync properly. I guess they could have put anything there instead of explaining it. It's just weird that there's no audio at all in that part.

Are you guys saying that the theme song beginning after the lion roaring was some kind of reference to the Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz urban legend? Because if that was the case, it wasn't obvious at all (and this is coming from someone who's actually watched Dark Side of Oz).

Yeah I was kind of hoping this be lets judge the game by it's cover then quickly play the game to see if it lives up to the cover or not.

Lothar

Banned

I thought James was bad at games but Doug makes him look good. He died at the same part where the floor falls 3 different times. Then he died over and over on the first boss. All you have to do is go all the way away from him after you hit him off screen and then he can't even touch you. How could he not figure out that he has to run away from him when he flies in the air?

Neither one figured out that the best move in the second stage is the push against the wall and send your platform flying at the enemy. Similar to how it was in the second stage on the original Battletoads.

Timu

I thought James was bad at games but Doug makes him look good. He died at the same part where the floor falls 3 different times. Then he died over and over on the first boss. All you have to do is go all the way away from him after you hit him off screen and then he can't even touch you. How could he not figure out that he has to run away from him when he flies in the air?

Neither one figured out that the best move in the second stage is the push against the wall and send your platform flying at the enemy. Similar to how it was in the second stage on the original Battletoads.
What surprises me the most is that they didn't make it to the Turbo Tunnel stage!!!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

bjork

Was the thing about the dates a red herring? Maybe I've been awake for too long, but looking at it, it made no sense to me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was the thing about the dates a red herring? Maybe I've been awake for too long, but looking at it, it made no sense to me.
Based on YouTube comments:

Last 4 episodes:
4 Aug - D
5 Sep - E
1 Nov - A
4 Dec - D

& the 4 episodes before (from this season, after Dream Phone) that would be ACAC, or 1313. There was a sequel game to 13 Dead End Drive in 2002 called 1313 Dead End Drive. Combined, 1313DEAD seems like a possible teaser for another review? ACACDEAD might be a reference to the fact Board James was electricuted in the episode?

thefro

On the first part of the dates thing...

1313 is Board James' prisoner number (if you look on the jumpsuit he's wearing at the end of the 13 Dead End Drive video), so prisoner 1313 DEAD makes sense

I figured he actually planned that out ahead of time given he actually synced his Wizard of Oz SNES review to Dark Side of the Moon.

shanafan

Last 4 episodes:
4 Aug - D
5 Sep - E
1 Nov - A
4 Dec - D

& the 4 episodes before (from this season, after Dream Phone) that would be ACAC, or 1313. There was a sequel game to 13 Dead End Drive in 2002 called 1313 Dead End Drive. Combined, 1313DEAD seems like a possible teaser for another review? ACACDEAD might be a reference to the fact Board James was electricuted in the episode?

I thought the last one was one of the best ones yet.

Last 4 episodes:
4 Aug - D
5 Sep - E
1 Nov - A
4 Dec - D

Woah, pretty impressive. I missed that the first time around.
I will say this again, that I think Board James is Jame's best work. He is really scratching that itch to make a physiological horror thriller, and he is doing it in a clever way.

Also the last frame of the video has Board James silently screaming at the camera while wearing AVGN attire.

Top Bottom