• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AngryJoe builds a new gaming PC - Ugly tower cometh.

Kindekuma

Banned
He also said that the computer case was an ergonomic design. People don't like him for his intelligence though.

Ergonomic? Wow my Mini-ITX tower must be so clutter some and a waste of space compared to that! That case he has is bigger than my desk!

Jedi2016

I'm surprised so many people give a shit what a computer looks like. You'll never see it again. Hell, how often do you look at your own PC tower?

I took most of what he said with a grain of salt because it's clear he doesn't know much about the tech under the hood. But, realistically, he doesn't need to. Not all PC gamers have to be computer wizards. Even I forget that sometimes because I work at a computer company, it sort of comes with the territory.

they don't look plugged in to anything.

They look plugged in to me...

wAy5w0l.png

I'm surprised so many people give a shit what a computer looks like. You'll never see it again. Hell, how often do you look at your own PC tower?

I took most of what he said with a grain of salt because it's clear he doesn't know much about the tech under the hood. But, realistically, he doesn't need to. Not all PC gamers have to be computer wizards. Even I forget that sometimes because I work at a computer company, it sort of comes with the territory.
I look at my tower everytime I sit at my PC... I mean it's right there, I would hope you wouldn't put it somewhere it couldn't breath properly.

KHlover

Banned

watched 2min, and looks like he is shilling. wtf
That PC is not paying for itself...wait, since he's shilling so hard it obviously is :D

That and the alienware ad in the description make it pretty obvious that Joe didn't pay full price for this stuff...or at all.

Xiraiya

Dell getting their money's worth with that free PC given to Angry Joe in this thread.

I don't think anyone should be getting pissy about it being a free PC or being given to him, most people would love to be in that position.

The only thing worth getting pissy about is the fact he apparently knows nothing about it himself and it's dumb looking, so giving the illusion he built it himself comes across as being ridiculous.

Feels like one big Alienware commercial, I wouldn't be surprised if he had to do something like this as part of the discount he got.

It's a pretty nice setup but 32GB of RAM is just silly.

Hyun Sai

The salt is real here.

It's a pretty cool video, and he explains among other things why he didn't made it himself and went for Alienware.

Keep on the good stuff Joe.

Wulfram

It's appearance is at least an entertaining sort of ridiculous. I wouldn't really want it in my house looking like that, though.

The salt is real here.

It's a pretty cool video, and he explains among other things why he didn't made it himself and went for Alienware.

Keep on the good stuff Joe.
Was his excuse that he knows nothing about PC hardware? Sorry I didn't watch (nor care to) the video.

Guri

AngryJoe needs to be banned on this site. His schtick is tired, his videos are too long, and I don't need to be updated on everything that he does in his life. I honestly don't care.

I think he is okay. While I don't think this thread was necessary, I do like his reviews and it is interesting to discuss them here. If you don't care, then it doesn't make a difference for you if he is banned or not. I don't think he should be. Just ignore threads about him, simple as that.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
AngryJoe needs to be banned on this site. His schtick is tired, his videos are too long, and I don't need to be updated on everything that he does in his life. I honestly don't care.
Then why did you click on the thread?

I think he is okay. While I don't think this thread was necessary, I do like his reviews and it is interesting to discuss them here. If you don't care, then it doesn't make a difference for you if he is banned or not. I don't think he should be. Just ignore threads about him, simple as that.
But can you trust his reviews? If he got a single percent discount on his PC because of his popularity then his credibility I belive is shot. How do we know if he isn't given praise on a game because he received something for it if he's willing to make a video praising alienware after getting one at a discount or more likely free.

groshkar

I don't think anyone should be getting pissy about it being a free PC or being given to him, most people would love to be in that position.

The only thing worth getting pissy about is the fact he apparently knows nothing about it himself and it's dumb looking, so giving the illusion he built it himself comes across as being ridiculous.

On the contrary my friend, I'm not being pissy at all. However much the parts cost Dell for that machine pale in comparison to all the marketing they are getting out of it. Its well worth it, by far. For a few thousand dollars worth of parts they not only get the almost 2 million subscribers of Joe's to watch him pitch their product, but they get tangential benefits such as threads here.

Easily worth their money, and whoever put that together in Dell's marketing dept. did a good job.

Jedi2016

I look at my tower everytime I sit at my PC... I mean it's right there, I would hope you wouldn't put it somewhere it couldn't breath properly.
Out of the corner of my eye, sure. It's a plain gray box on the floor next to my computer desk. It doesn't draw attention to itself, it doesn't have any fancy flashy lights or whatever people are putting on their PCs to jack off to these days.

Kindekuma

Banned
I went onto Dell's website, out of the box the CPU is "overclocked" to 3.9GHz
I'm 99% certain you could easily get to 4.7GHz if you tried overclocking it yourself. Dell just went super safe presets.

Enosh

For the PC peeps, how much would this setup cost regular plebs?
looking at pcpart picker thingy I got some 2.5k $ but then didn't let me select a motherboard so add some 100-200$ for one that supports sli and 32 gigs oh and forgot case, so throw on another very generous 200$ for a non shit one, for a total of ~2.900$ if you go for a 200$ case and mobo

mind you on the dell site an alienware with those specs seems to be 4.2k (which he didn't pay due to the sponsorship, but just to put into perspective)

Out of the corner of my eye, sure. It's a plain gray box on the floor next to my computer desk. It doesn't draw attention to itself, it doesn't have any fancy flashy lights or whatever people are putting on their PCs to jack off to these days.
Considering mine is almost 2 feet tall mine kinda sticks out more than just as a grey box on the floor.

Guri

But can you trust his reviews? If he got a single percent discount on his PC because of his popularity then his credibility I belive is shot. How do we know if he isn't given praise on a game because he received something for it if he's willing to make a video praising alienware after getting one at a discount or more likely free.

I generally agree with his reviews about the games I played. And for the ones I haven't played, his reviews are not what makes me buy them. The same for any other review. I talk to friends first.

People on here don't like him because He hated the order. He gets paid a lot to play video games. He gets free stuff. How much does everyone here hate pewdiepie as well?

Pretty easy to see the people hurt by his success in here.

gogojira

Welcome to the new era of ethical gaming coverage lolol. Pretty sure that thing will slowly expand and consume him. Ugliest shit I've ever seen. Once you're over the age of 16 you're supposed to move on from CRAZY SICK glowing cases.

Edit: ^^^ Haha, hurt by his success? There's a lot of incredibly successful people in the industry and it certainly doesn't sting. His shtick is tired and that gift rig is hideous, it's as simple as that.

And yeah, people do generally hate pewdiepie here so not sure what you're expecting.

Enosh

Feels like one big Alienware commercial, I wouldn't be surprised if he had to do something like this as part of the discount he got.

It's a pretty nice setup but 32GB of RAM is just silly.
for gaming yes, but he is a big youtuber and iirc ram helps a lot with rendering videos

SillyJoe

Angry Army revenue well spent.
"It's all great and will be so good for YouTube and the stream~! Check out all this Alienware shit!"

-MD-

Was his excuse that he knows nothing about PC hardware? Sorry I didn't watch (nor care to) the video.

It was "I could've saved $500 and built it myself but I just wanted it shipped to me so I could get to work right away".

But as he said in the beginning of the video it was donations from streamers that paid for it so he obviously didn't give a shit about the Alienware tax.

You'll never see it again. Hell, how often do you look at your own PC tower?

Like maybe a dozen times a day?

Top Bottom