• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AngryJoe builds a new gaming PC - Ugly tower cometh.

paxromana

Banned
So what if he bought a prebuilt? Not to mention he even said he could've built his own system and saved some money but he didn't want to, he just wanted to make sure it was done right. I dont see whats wrong with that.

I can see where he's coming from, I did the same thing. I will build the next one myself for sure, but I had the current one built by NCIX guys purely because of the 50$ included a 1 year warranty. If I had done it myself, and anything blew up, I'd have to go through the warranty processes from each manufacturer myself, not really worth the hassle.

The Cowboy

I like Joe, i also like the look of that PC (just not in that colour) - but good grief at stacking his consoles, he really needs to change that..

ArjanN

Who the hell cares what the tower looks like? Those specs are pretty damn nice. "Oh, it doesn't go with my decor... don't want. Like ew and stuff."

Pretty much, you just put it in a corner or under a desk and never really look at it again anyway.

Arsenic13

Some of these comments. Man oh man.

mountains-of-salt-judy-witts.jpg

Holy shit.

I've just watched the first 10 seconds, and that case is bloody horrendous. It is the equivalent to spoilers young blokes put on their first shitty car to make it look cool. So, so bad.

At the end of they day this video smacks of hubris. Why upload a video of your set up? Unless the intended reaction was for faux compliments on the internet from random strangers (mostly kids) telling him how great it is.

There lies the difference between Joe and I - my set up remains private.

He says he was getting a ton of questions from his fans about it so he explained in detail what the specs are for his setup. He was also thanking all of his fans for getting him to where he is today.

Lautaro

So much thread whinning, if people really didn't care about Joe and his new PC this thread would be already forgotten.

Anyway, Joe living the dream... not my taste in cases though.

Ricker

Can you even called that a Tower lol...it looks like one of those cages you put a huge cat in when you need to bring him to the vet or something hehe...specs are great though.

badb0y

Jesus Christ this thread reeks of salt and Hatorade and it's clear 99% of people haven't watched the video where most of the concerns are addressed.

1.) He payed for the computer out of his pocket, it is not a sponsored gift. He did get a 10% discount but that's because he still has ties to Dell which was his former place of employment.
2.) He bought and Alienware because prior to starting the AJS he used to work for Dell and is still loyal to them. He also mentions that when he was working for Dell and finished his duties he would plan AJS episodes while at work so this is sort of giving back the the company that somewhat helped make his YouTube channel.
3.) He needs 980 SLI and the 6-core processor to render his videos. CUDA cored help out in Sony Vegas Pro. 32GBs of DDR4 because he renders videos on his computer. He also plays a lot of PC games so the horsepower helps him there too.

As for his console setup.....I'm not going to defend that lol. Also, I would refrain from personal attacks because Joe has a GAF account and personal attacks are bannable last time I checked.

Nabbis

Yeah, i don't get this fascination with the case. Looks better than most normal cases to my eyes, though i don't know about it's airflow and cable management ability.

J-Rzez

The only thing disappointing about the video is that I didn't get to see his new rig. Just saw the monitors, that horrible TV, and that big black and red dehumidifier on his desk.

Good for him if he got stuff for free or a discount, not sure why people are upset, and, he did get a discount for his viewers at least.

That said, it sounds like he didn't "build" a thing. Clicking boxes on a website, having it come to you assembled doesn't mean you "built" something. I didn't "build" my new car for example, I picked options added on the factory floor/receiving dock/dealership.

He should have "built" a rig himself. For YouTube cred yo.

paxromana

Banned
The only thing disappointing about the video is that I didn't get to see his new rig. Just saw the monitors, that horrible TV, and that big black and red dehumidifier on his desk.

Good for him if he got stuff for free or a discount, not sure why people are upset, and, he did get a discount for his viewers at least.

That said, it sounds like he didn't "build" a thing. Clicking boxes on a website, having it come to you assembled doesn't mean you "built" something. I didn't "build" my new car for example, I picked options added on the factory floor/receiving dock/dealership.

He did show the inside of the PC. Did we watch the same video?

orochi91

That's a pretty unique tower design; specs are incredible.

The way he has those consoles stacked is rage inducing, like how can he be THAT dense?!

Idba

He said in the video that he chose not to build his own pc

Garibaldi

Who cares if he didn't build it himself? Building a PC is absolutely nothing these days. A few screws, some thermal paste and slotting connectors together a superhero does not make.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
And DSP bought a computer for 3000 dollars and it chugged trying to stream Rage at 60FPS. He was mad as fuck.
The moral of the story is: build your own PCs.
Kinda silly to lay that on the PC given that Rage has known issues.

Also streaming at 1080p 60fps at a bitrate that offended Twitch from the same PC probably didn't help.

Who the hell cares what the tower looks like? Those specs are pretty damn nice. "Oh, it doesn't go with my decor... don't want. Like ew and stuff."

Go look in the PC OT. People put their shit on display like art. I would imagine they are the ones commenting on the looks of the case. Personally I don't know anyone that gives a fuck what their case looks like.

Functionality is all that matter to me.

Holy shit.

I've just watched the first 10 seconds, and that case is bloody horrendous. It is the equivalent to spoilers young blokes put on their first shitty car to make it look cool. So, so bad.

At the end of they day this video smacks of hubris. Why upload a video of your set up? Unless the intended reaction was for faux compliments on the internet from random strangers (mostly kids) telling him how great it is.

There lies the difference between Joe and I - my set up remains private.

A ton of youtubers do set up videos. Almost every tech/gaming person I follow does it.

JesseZao

Who cares if he didn't build it himself? Building a PC is absolutely nothing these days. A few screws, some thermal paste and slotting connectors together a superhero does not make.

Exactly. It's so easy that you're just lazy and wasting money when you buy pre-built.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That tower is so ugly. Looks like a weird terminal from the late 70s or early 80s.

I like the way Alienware's console-style PCs look, but everything else is awful. They had better designs pre-Dell purchase.

Not a fan of "gaming PC" designs. That's why I when I bought a gaming laptop, I went with Sager. Doesn't look like a late 70s kids' toy.

"Stop being a sheep and buy Dell products!"
That ugly tower has good airflow and it's easy to upgrade. Looks aren't even in the top five most important things for a gaming PC. Maybe not even the top 10. I would trade my rig for that one in a heartbeat.

Majanew

Banned
Go look in the PC OT. People put their shit on display like art. I would imagine they are the ones commenting on the looks of the case. Personally I don't know anyone that gives a fuck what their case looks like.

Functionality is all that matter to me.

Yeah, a PC tower doesn't have to sit on top of your desk if you dislike the way it looks. I only care about the color of my consoles (mostly if it's ugly white) because they're sitting on my TV stand where everything else is black. I'd stick Angry Joe's PC right next to the stand near my front speaker. How 'bout it, Angry Joe? I can has? :D

Welfare

Lol all the grey on the first page.

Tower is fucking massive. And he has so much space to lay out all 3 consoles. He's suffocating the Xbox One!

Top Bottom