• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AngryJoe builds a new gaming PC - Ugly tower cometh.

They look plugged in to me...

wAy5w0l.png

The PS4 is blocking the air vent on the xbox one below it...

7qU2iwF.gif

Where's the thread about what he ate for breakfast today?
Kellog's Frosted Flakes. They're grrrreeeattt!

Seriously though, internet celebrity is weird. This guy, he "built" his new PC by using drop down menu items, got it for free, is shilling Alienware and we get a thread about it. If this was a review, sure I get making a thread on the video, but come on, this is like that thread with that person saying Sony will announce games for the PS4. Any by that comparison I mean its silly we have this thread.

I built a computer a few years ago and you dont see me talking about how amazing the ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX CPU cooler is with its amazing blue light that lights up the faces of everyone who sees it. Or the Asus Sabertooth motherboard that is ferocious in its coolness. Etc.

NuKERxyz

Uglyiest tower ive ever seen.

Offtopic: Nice console tower there, is killing Xbox One with is PS4 and killing his PS4 by having it between both X1 and Wii U..

4Bug0.gif

Majanew

Banned
Who the hell cares what the tower looks like? Those specs are pretty damn nice. "Oh, it doesn't go with my decor... don't want. Like ew and stuff."

Damn, he seems like a nice guy, dont understand why he deserves so much hate. I've seen a bunch of his reviews and yeah he has the "Angry" shtick but thats his bread and butter so he's not gonna change it. Nobody is forcing you to watch it.

So what if he bought a prebuilt? Not to mention he even said he could've built his own system and saved some money but he didn't want to, he just wanted to make sure it was done right. I dont see whats wrong with that.

Zia

Maybe he removes a console when he's playing it, allows it to cool off then files it back in the stack?

Also, why are people annoyed that a yell-y YouTube guy got a, hideous as it may be, nice computer in exchange for what's essentially an advertorial? That video is probably the best advertising Alienware's bought in years.

Who the hell cares what the tower looks like? Those specs are pretty damn nice. "Oh, it doesn't go with my decor... don't want. Like ew and stuff."

Well, most grown-ass people wouldn't want something like that in their home.

pelican

Going by his history - i.e. not buying a Wii U, but instead waiting for his community to buy him one I suspect some form of ad bucks deal helped finance this build.

I second the posts highlighting the complete lack of need for this thread.

Angry Joe buys a PC? Who cares, what we are really interested is what does he buy in his weekly grocery shop. /sarcasm.

Denton

I fucking love Joe's enthusiasm. When geeking out over SSD, I had the same reaction, it is so glorious :D

Beautiful setup.

Hyun Sai

Damn, he seems like a nice guy, dont understand why he deserves so much hate. I've seen a bunch of his reviews and yeah he has the "Angry" shtick but thats his bread and butter so he's not gonna change it. Nobody is forcing you to watch it.

So what if he bought a prebuilt? Not to mention he even said he could've built his own system and saved some money but he didn't want to, he just wanted to make sure it was done right. I dont see whats wrong with that.

Not to mention he worked at Dell and started the show from there, so he felt he owned them one.

But it's always hilarious to see the reactions of people who won't bother watching the video but are spending as many time hating on it.

We need a new word to define the level of ugliness of Alienware's stuff.

Interesting build. Some parts are mouth-watering, some other parts make no sense.

Ergonomic design? Please put that thing under the desk.

But I'll assume it is partly sponsored. Cool specs though. Although I was kind of expecting more/bigger hard drives. And quite a lot of overkill on the power supply, but hey, I doubt he was going for price performance here.

Kinthalis

Banned
Going by his history - i.e. not buying a Wii U, but instead waiting for his community to buy him one I suspect some form of ad bucks deal helped finance this build.

I second the posts highlighting the complete lack of need for this thread.

Angry Joe buys a PC? Who cares, what we are really interested is what does he buy in his weekly grocery shop. /sarcasm.

This is some bullshit sentiment though.

HJow many threads a day do we get titled: "Just bought PS4" or "Just bought An box one".

Give me a break.

The Specs of the machine are godly. But yeah, that case :/

mhs004

I really like Angry Joe and I hate almost all you tubers besides him and smooth mcgroove.

However, common Joe don't stack you're consoles it hurts my soul!

I dont get why everyone loves boring bland towers so much. Its like most people do just to be in with the in crowd or something. Stop being a sheep. His tower is awesome!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That tower is so ugly. Looks like a weird terminal from the late 70s or early 80s.

I like the way Alienware's console-style PCs look, but everything else is awful. They had better designs pre-Dell purchase.

Not a fan of "gaming PC" designs. That's why I when I bought a gaming laptop, I went with Sager. Doesn't look like a late 70s kids' toy.

I dont get why everyone loves boring bland towers so much. Its like most people do just to be in with the in crowd or something. Stop being a sheep. His tower is awesome!

"Stop being a sheep and buy Dell products!"

dmr87

Most people won't even watch the video, or watch it long enough for him to explain why he did what he did.

Why the hell did he go with the 2133 ddr4?! Should have gotten a 3100mhz. Oh that case is ugly as sin... Who in their right mind would want that?

pelican

Holy shit.

I've just watched the first 10 seconds, and that case is bloody horrendous. It is the equivalent to spoilers young blokes put on their first shitty car to make it look cool. So, so bad.

At the end of they day this video smacks of hubris. Why upload a video of your set up? Unless the intended reaction was for faux compliments on the internet from random strangers (mostly kids) telling him how great it is.

There lies the difference between Joe and I - my set up remains private.

Top Bottom