• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer | Import Thread

So in case anyone was unaware, all the villagers and special NPCs from New Leaf will appear in HHD, but there's also some new characters and a bunch of returning villagers from older games. Here's a list of all the returnees and newbies...

Louie
Sprocket
Carrie
Ursala
Maddie
Buzz
Claude
Tybalt
Huck
Paolo
Gonzo
Stella
Spike
Piper
Murphy
Boots
Billy
Rex
Kamaboko (Previously in Japanese AC games only.)
Monpe (Previously in Japanese AC games only.)
Airuu (New character, Monster Hunter collaboration character.)
#7 (New character, 7-11 tie-in character, though not actually a 7-11 mascot.)
Lottie (New character, special NPC.)
"Gyroid Cat" (New character, special NPC?)
"King Tom Nook" (New character?, special NPC.)

tiijj

Someone posted the accessories for the AC Cards at reddit

No wonder this thing is expensive.
hremQMO.jpg
JCE27tr.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/9NiSV

kubus

Sorry Kubus there was only one Bob card in my entire box double checked my spares just now, do you have a second favourite? I have a lot of sparkly SP cards that i have doubles of plus some of the normal villagers.

Did you have any luck with been able to save that 7-11 stuff onto an amiibo card or is it impossible to do so?
;A;
I was afraid you were gonna say that. Do you have Punchy? He's my second favourite (basically I love lazy cats lol). If you don't... Could you make a list of your doubles if it's not too much trouble?

I just toyed with the amiibo functions a bit and I think I just saved a house with all the 7-11 stuff on a Takumi card. I can't test it out obviously but I'm pretty sure that if you scan it in your game you will get all the furniture! I can send the card over once I'm back in my home country, which is around next week.

Now hopefully I can find someone kind enough to do the same for me but with the Monster Hunter DLC :'(
So there are no holidays and places open at set times and all of that? What about progression, is there an end game? I kind of love the idea of this being a normal-sized game I can play through, enjoy, then move on from. The main-line AC thirst is real, I'm at 415 hours played in New Leaf...
:(
There's nothing like that in this game, it doesn't even use a clock or calender at all as far as I know. It's just designing homes for animals.

As for progression... There are like 400 animals so I guess you beat the game once you've designed all their houses :p. They show up randomly in the town hub, where all the facilities are as well. Talk to them and you can build them a house. You'll gradually unlock new facilities such as a hospital, school, etc. which you can also completely design and then the animals will start using them. You can unlock new game features with play coins like decorating options for windows or unlocking paintings and stuff.

It's a perfect pick up and play game but if you really need that mainline AC experience you won't find that here.

There's nothing like that in this game, it doesn't even use a clock or calender at all as far as I know. It's just designing homes for animals.

As for progression... There are like 400 animals so I guess you beat the game once you've designed all their houses :p. They show up randomly in the town hub, where all the facilities are as well. Talk to them and you can build them a house. You'll gradually unlock new facilities such as a hospital, school, etc. which you can also completely design and then the animals will start using them. You can unlock new game features with play coins like decorating options for windows or unlocking paintings and stuff.

It's a perfect pick up and play game but if you really need that mainline AC experience you won't find that here.
Understood, thank you as always kubus! Now to fight the urge to buy a complete set of cards on eBay... At least I don't have to think about that for a while! Wish Nintendo made it easier for people who want to do that to do it. I'm not going to blind-buy packs and trade for months, Amiibo hunting has already sucked out most of my soul.

Impotaku

;A;
I was afraid you were gonna say that. Do you have Punchy? He's my second favourite (basically I love lazy cats lol). If you don't... Could you make a list of your doubles if it's not too much trouble?

I just toyed with the amiibo functions a bit and I think I just saved a house with all the 7-11 stuff on a Takumi card. I can't test it out obviously but I'm pretty sure that if you scan it in your game you will get all the furniture! I can send the card over once I'm back in my home country, which is around next week.

Now hopefully I can find someone kind enough to do the same for me but with the Monster Hunter DLC :'(

Kubus, how does the saving to the card work? If you save one item from the 7-11 set to the card does that one cause all the rest pieces to unlock? Just to be safe could you possibly make a room that has every single piece of the 7-11 set including the uniform in the room and save that to the card, just in case it doesn't give you all from one piece.

On the good news front i checked my card doubles & there's someone who you might like :)
IMG_0740%20res.jpg

For doing me this favour you can pick any 2 cards from that pic for the exchange of your card, although i am aware that it may not work in unlocking the 7-11 stuff but it's still worth a risk.

Also as i had my camera out i snapped a pic of the complete series 1 set, although some you can't see because of the glare, hoping Japan gets that official euro binder if not i'll just make do with the engish one.
IMG_0742%20res.jpg

Loving the game so far, i have just completed designing the school. I can see myself really getting into this i enjoy designing the rooms a lot. Done some fun ones so far, but until i get the amiibo phone unlocked i can't start enjoying my cards as all i can do at the moment is use the cards to invite people over to a completed house but not call them to design a house for them.

Impotaku

If you buy a full sealed box of amiibo booster packs it contains a complete set, or it certainly seems that way from the sources that have been found, it turned out to be true for my box as well.

This was for the Japanese box though, not sure if the same will happen with the states & europe but hopefully it will.

If you buy a full sealed box of amiibo booster packs it contains a complete set, or it certainly seems that way from the sources that have been found, it turned out to be true for my box as well.

This was for the Japanese box though, not sure if the same will happen with the states & europe but hopefully it will.
Oh! That's awesome. Wonder if that'll be possible to do online.

No you can go back to any house you have completed and explore them to your hearts content and take more pics if you like.

Oooh, okay I like that a lot.
One more...

Is there a lot of dialogue from the animals, or is what they say mainly based on the house they want?
When you invite others over do they have a lot of lines of dialogue?

alvis.exe

Kind of interested in the game but I really enjoy having objectives to complete (like in New Leaf I basically spent all my time just completing the museum collections/furniture catalog and ignored everything else) and from everything I'm reading so far it seems this game is the opposite of that? Do you get graded on your design jobs or is the appeal more of seeing all the different requests you can get and then watching animals have really cute interactions with your designs?

Impotaku

Got an email this morning from Amazon saying series 2 has been delayed so they are now shipping in december.

Kind of interested in the game but I really enjoy having objectives to complete (like in New Leaf I basically spent all my time just completing the museum collections/furniture catalog and ignored everything else) and from everything I'm reading so far it seems this game is the opposite of that? Do you get graded on your design jobs or is the appeal more of seeing all the different requests you can get and then watching animals have really cute interactions with your designs?
Each client will have a few required pieces of furniture that you have to use, that's the only stipulation. They'll give you a theme too, but it's totally up to you if you adhere to it or not. There's no ranking system in the main game.

But, they just announced in Japan that they're gonna start holding online contests, so I imagine that'll be something that actually requires you to follow the "rules" if you want to be successful there.

watershed

Banned
Watching TheBitBlock's video diary of this game is really selling me on Happy Home Designer. Originally I thought it was a neat spin-off that I would pass on and just hope that some of its features would be incorporated into the main series. But now, I am really digging the game and will probably pick it up. I like the focus and depth of customization. It's a nice growth for the franchise.

JimPanzer

I've watched some YouTube videos and am still not sure if this is something for me. I liked Animal Crossing, but mostly for it's collecting, unlocking and progression systems. Is there something like that in this as well? Do new items get unlocked automatically or does it depend on me? Can I design my own house, or am I stuck being homeless and just designing other peoples houses (what a horrible life if so)? Can I customise my clothing?

Impotaku

It's a total con here in the UK, they offer no option of been able to buy a full box of 50 packs like Japan did, so you now have a slim chance of ever getting a full set as they want you to buy packs individually. It will take way more than 50 packs to complete a set this way as you are going to get so many doubles as you only get 3 cards in a pack.

They have nearly doubled the price, looks like printing all those extra euro names make them doubly expensive.

It's a total con here in the UK, they offer no option of been able to buy a full box of 50 packs like Japan did, so you now have a slim chance of ever getting a full set as they want you to buy packs individually. It will take way more than 50 packs to complete a set this way as you are going to get so many doubles as you only get 3 cards in a pack.

They have nearly doubled the price, looks like printing all those extra euro names make them doubly expensive.
What a joke. I'll be buying the American cards, I guess, if I decide to collect. Will save a lot of money. I do want the binder that is being given away with the UK console bundles though. UGH.

Robin64

Trying to make a simple trading system for when the game comes out here, for those who want to collect. You'll be able to specify three cards that you really want, too, so you'll hopefully get priority for those over those who aren't into those villagers as much as you are.

nIYWB77.png

kubus

Kubus, how does the saving to the card work? If you save one item from the 7-11 set to the card does that one cause all the rest pieces to unlock? Just to be safe could you possibly make a room that has every single piece of the 7-11 set including the uniform in the room and save that to the card, just in case it doesn't give you all from one piece.

Don't worry! I've already put all the items from the 7-11 set on the card. I'm pretty sure it only unlocks the exact pieces that are placed in the house and not full sets so I made sure all the items are placed around the house on the card (including the uniform).

Sorry about the late reply btw, I was busy moving my stuff around and then preparing for the flight home. I'm back in my own country now so I can ship your card soon!

On the good news front i checked my card doubles & there's someone who you might like :)
IMG_0740%20res.jpg

For doing me this favour you can pick any 2 cards from that pic for the exchange of your card, although i am aware that it may not work in unlocking the 7-11 stuff but it's still worth a risk.
Oh my god you actually have two Punchys? What are the odds :D. Really, I'm happy with just Punchy but that Crazy Redd card is tempting as well. I'll feel bad taking two of your cards :(. I did collect some Youkai Watch stickers (the ones they give away with the Youkai Watch themed bread and cookies) that I can send along with the card if you're interested in them! I know you love collecting things :p. I've got about 50 stickers maybe? Let me know! ^^

Trying to make a simple trading system for when the game comes out here, for those who want to collect. You'll be able to specify three cards that you really want, too, so you'll hopefully get priority for those over those who aren't into those villagers as much as you are.

nIYWB77.png
This looks amazing! :O

Impotaku

Don't worry! I've already put all the items from the 7-11 set on the card. I'm pretty sure it only unlocks the exact pieces that are placed in the house and not full sets so I made sure all the items are placed around the house on the card (including the uniform).

Sorry about the late reply btw, I was busy moving my stuff around and then preparing for the flight home. I'm back in my own country now so I can ship your card soon!

Oh my god you actually have two Punchys? What are the odds :D. Really, I'm happy with just Punchy but that Crazy Redd card is tempting as well. I'll feel bad taking two of your cards :(. I did collect some Youkai Watch stickers (the ones they give away with the Youkai Watch themed bread and cookies) that I can send along with the card if you're interested in them! I know you love collecting things :p. I've got about 50 stickers maybe? Let me know! ^^

This looks amazing! :O

Ah it's no problem Kubus i'm happy to give you those cards You can gladly have Punchy & Redd, if you PM me your address i'll get them off to you in the post.

Without your help i wouldn't even have a chance at trying to get the 7-11 stuff. Once i get the card what do i need to do to load up the saved house on the card i'm assuming its an option on the amiibo phone?

Impotaku

Magazines turned up today,
SAM_1385%20res.jpg

The binder is pretty nice, now conflicted weither to just order 4 more copies of that issue as each binder holds 80 cards so 5 binders will hold the complete set. Or wait & hope that Japan gets an official binder.

Impotaku

Lol yeah, i wouldn't have minded if they hadn't bothered sending the bag with the magazine. Will give it to someone at work as they all have kids i'm sure someones daughter will not mind owning it.

As for the binder it has 40 spaces for cards so yeah it's either 40 single or 80 if you back to back. The magazines themselves are suprisingly good they have some great guides and features for happy home designer along with some QR codes to make some charaparfait original clothes & artwork.

The card is pretty nice too.
SAM_1386%20res.jpg

tiijj

Mine's still at Tenso. It's heavy at 500+ grams for the magazine. I'm just waiting for DQ8 and consolidate it, at least the shipping won't feel as bad as it is. Or maybe I'll pick up youkai watch 2, I'm really getting interested in this but the medals looks sooo painful to collect :(

I just used some TCG 4 pocket binder on mine, it has 160 pockets. It's perfect for the 150 card in each box plus a few more slots for other cards like CP Isabelle/Shizue.

When I was opening the booster pack I dropped my phone and it dented/damaged one of the regular card, I was like FFFFFFF. At least with SP for sure I'll get extras. I got lucky and I got a double of that lol.

Grizzo

nIYWB77.png

That's a great idea. I absolutely need to have Lopez back into my life. Oh, and that game too. October can't come soon enough!

jax

Banned
I really want to buy this game and import some cards, but I can't read Japanese at all. Is the game still playable, or should I just wait a few more weeks for the US release?

Meier

Hi all, quick question about this. I saw Wario posted a link to a game + NFC reader bundle on Twitter earlier. Do you have to buy the reader thing to use the cards or is the game fully playable right out of the box?

Thanks!

suzu

Hi all, quick question about this. I saw Wario posted a link to a game + NFC reader bundle on Twitter earlier. Do you have to buy the reader thing to use the cards or is the game fully playable right out of the box?

Thanks!

I missed that bundle earlier. :(

The amiibo cards are just to get specific villagers and special AC characters, I think? If you have the "new 3DS" then you don't need to buy the reader.

tiijj

Thanks!

If you are going to use the amiibo figure/cards, you need the reader if you have the old nintendo 3ds but if you have the new nintendo 3ds, it has a built in NFC reader. You also don't need the cards to play the game, they are complete optional.

Edit: before someone says anything, the SP char seems to be locked by the amiibo functionality.

Impotaku

Finally gotten to the ending but only scratched the surface, you can remake any of the town buildings and villager homes as much as you like so as you get new items to mess about with you can go back and improve your previous creations. At the beginning it's a bit limited with what youhave to use but as you go along you start getting new ideas about how to use the stuff you have, been a total blast to play so far, find it fun in quick bursts. Bonus points for been able to save your progress if you haven't quite finished a room, ideal for when you are having a quick go.

These are some of the rooms i have done so far.
HNI_0014.JPG
HNI_0015.JPG

Waited for me to leave so he could take a dump on the fancy new toilet i had installed.

This one has a severe fruit fetish.
HNI_0016.JPG

This ones obsessed with blue.
HNI_0017.JPG

Ahh the rustic look.
HNI_0023.JPG

HNI_0030.JPG
HNI_0031.JPG

Shizue seems pretty pleased with her new home.

The dangers of not looking where your going while designing lol.
HNI_0032.JPG

HNI_0033.JPG
HNI_0036.JPG

Totakeke finally has somewhere to practise when not performing.

In the rusty run down house full of junk something seedy is going on.
HNI_0037.JPG

Resetti & his brother are running a voyeurs sexy time show.
HNI_0041.JPG
HNI_0043.JPG

Kent was crap in the sack, we both share a laugh at how short he lasted
HNI_0044.JPG

In between the regular designing it's been fun seeing how corrupted some of the pics i can take. I'd be banned pretty fast from miiverse if i uploaded some of them

Meier

If you are going to use the amiibo figure/cards, you need the reader if you have the old nintendo 3ds but if you have the new nintendo 3ds, it has a built in NFC reader. You also don't need the cards to play the game, they are complete optional.

Edit: before someone says anything, the SP char seems to be locked by the amiibo functionality.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. She has the special AC 3DS so I guess we'll need to get the NFC adapter. Hopefully Best Buy sells the bundle too.

Still don't quite understand how the game works in conjunction with Amiibo and the cards and stuff so I guess we'll have to look into it more.

jax

Banned
It's already almost out in US. I think this will be my first physical purchase for my JP 3DS and region unlock :)

Just got an email from Nintendo regarding interest in their upcoming progress.

Looks like cards will be a buck a piece in the US (I hope!)

How interested are you in purchasing Animal Crossing amiibo cards?
*Animal Crossing amiibo cards are sold in packs of 6 cards for a suggested retail price of $5.99.

Top Bottom