• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Been a shitty day in Dormir so far. Joan wanted 100 bells a turnip, a bad connection (no worries, Marley!) caused me to miss out on 25k (I can sell later, though), I accidentally sold my bug net and Nooklings doesn't have a new one, and that rat fucking bastard Snake interrupted me when I was hitting the money rock and I only got 100 bells. I am thinking of just sleeping the entire day away. :(

What's so important about Turnips?

Buy low, sell high.

trading-places-o.gif

I just bought 2,000 turnips at 93 Bells apiece.
If I don't find a selling price at least over 400, I am going to be pretty sad.
Me too - gonna have to be lucky this week.

Good thing you can actually flip 'em in other towns easily enough in this version - I was pretty much on my own in Wild World!
What's so important about Turnips?
They're sort of like a mini stock market - imagine that you're buying stocks(turnips) low with the explicit intention of selling them at profit when the price gets high enough. And imagine you only have a week to do so before the price crashes (the turnips rot after a week).

That's what they're like.

SmithnCo

Just picked this up and it's my first animal crossing game.

Question. Does my inventory ever get bigger?

No, but you can store stuff in the storage locker at the train station or storage furniture. There's a good amount of space in those.

edit: And you can store stuff in mail that you have.

Good way to make easy money.
Although to be fair, the game has ways of throwing money at you if you're determined enough...

I imagine that the island methods are primarily in because of the increasingly large amount of bells you need to stimulate the economy in this one.

Still fun to play the turnip stock market though!

Westraid

Thanks for the replies all. I did get a letter from Mum but seemed like a belated first letter, no mention of father's day and definitely not the flower. Gah.

Anyone have an extra axe? Really need to clear out some trees!

Have pears and oranges, and Joan is selling her turnips at 90

0044-3867-2933

Meia

Can we just combine it with a topic for friend codes?

Actually not a bad idea since anyone with a great price will be flooded with requests to visit anyway.

At any rate, what IS a friend code, and where do I find it? Have literally never done any online thing at all with Nintendo yet.

Lkr

Time for a good COME ON

I bought turnips around 1am in a European town. Wake up this morning and they're rotten. Bye bye 100k

DedValve

Banned
Grass Deterioration is the stupidest thing ever. I don't run and my grass is still going and I've only had this game for a week. Why punish players for playing?

Also I wasn't paying attention when I talked to Tortimer and he seems to be gone now so when does the boat arrive?

Actually not a bad idea since anyone with a great price will be flooded with requests to visit anyway.

At any rate, what IS a friend code, and where do I find it? Have literally never done any online thing at all with Nintendo yet.
In your 3DS' home screen, click the smiley face on the top to access your friend list as well as your friend code.

You give this code to people and they give you yours so that you can successfully register each other as friends to play games together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom