• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Review Leaf - Check it out! I dug up a 9!

Polygon 9/10

"Animal Crossing: New Leaf has a magical way of making you care about the littlest things before it metes them out in liberal fistfuls. I have played it every single day for an entire month, anticipating what new fossils, fish, bugs, furniture, businesses and governmental opportunities the next morning may bring. Whether you're finding a piece of furniture that would look just perfect in your den, or meeting a new neighbor whom you instantly take a shine to, every discovery feels unique and inexplicably rewarding." - Griffin McElroy

Love the title. Can't wait! My eshop funds are ready
3AQmK.gif

btkadams

what are these games like? i wish i could read these reviews at work lol. the quotes have definitely got me interested.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly if people start comparing this to Farmville (and I know people do in GAF), I want to slap them with a bag full of bells.

Nintendo made a very canny move in giving out review copies weeks ago. Gave the game a chance to get its hooks into people.

It's gonna be a while until I can get this, unfortunately. :(

what are these games like? i wish i could read these reviews at work lol. the quotes have definitely got me interested.
Kind of a life simulation thing. You have a town, you're the mayor, you have neighbors which are all animal in case you didn't notice, you collect stuff, you build stuff, you customize stuff, etc. It's a nice little relaxing game. People love that it plays in real time, has real holidays, etc.

rouken

Gamespot - 8

New Leaf is a very strange game with an appeal that seems nonexistent to outsiders. The moment-to-moment activities are so banal that it's not readily apparent just how engrossing the small-town life can be. However, the more you play, the more invested you become in the well-being of your city, and the more exciting each small success becomes. When you receive perfect town status, it's hard to contain your joy, because you've had to work long and hard to earn that recognition. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is an expected sequel that doesn't stray far from its predecessors. Still, the happiness of your citizens is so intoxicating that it's easy to be sucked into this portable adventure as you live out your dreams as an all-powerful mayor.

The Good
Interesting mayoral powers
Quirky cast of characters
Tons of different customization options
Lots of new additions.

The Bad
Endlessly repeating dialogue
Clumsy user interface.

The Boat

I've put quite a few hours into it the past weeks and I agree, it's a great game and it finally moves the series forward.

ari

Banned
I really need a 3ds. Hard to imagine two years ago it was dead on arrival or pronounced dead by some.

I had no doubt. Never played Animal Crossing but there is a reason this is pulling people in.

Lucky you.

I loved the original on the Gamecube (did you guys know that the disc doesn't spin while the game is running). The DS and Wii games felt like more of the same and didn't recapture the magic of the first game.

I am afraid this one won't either because it's not that the Gamecube was better, it's that it was the first one that I played.

cacildo

Its animal crossing
I always wanted a NEW animal crossing
Sold 3mil+ copies in japan.

I was already sold MONTHS before the first review

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Has any other console had this kind of quality release schedule every single month? I feel like the 3ds is just killing it this month, in the uk at least

Nintendo themselves said "no thanks lol" to paid DLC on Animal Crossing. Maybe they don't want things to get too easy.

Yeah but Nintendo could use DLC to help save the Wii U! <_> I love that Nintendo takes care of their franchises and doesn't always run them into the ground. Although all of the NSMB games lately is a bit much, they are still high quality games...

Neo Child

Banned
always thought this game would really benefit from an arcade building

spend play coins or bells to play games, and new arcade cabinets come and go based on popularity with online high scores. other characters could come and go and you they could have high scores too.

even have the pinball tables playable

still, cant wait to get this once i can afford a 3ds xl

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And nintendo pratically handles the platform alone. With the exception of Capcom....

If you're talking about Western third parties...It's not that far from the truth.
If you're talking about Japanese third parties...hell no: Namco, Capcom, Atlus, Level 5, probably Marvelous again in the future, as well as Square (DQ + BD2)...

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
God the 3DS is killing this year! On pace to be one of the greatest gaming devices ever. I'm getting this game no matter what but its promising to see critics saying its the best in the series.

Top Bottom