• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Palmer_v1

I was like 90% certain monkey was scum. Kinda fuckin my mental state up cause now I'm worried my bowlie/squidy reads are totally fucked too. I really need to read poltergusts posts before I jump on that bandwagon. Been way too tunneled on others.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ugh, I'm sorry I missed the end of D2...had a post written up (was waiting for any scum shenanigans to go down before pre-emptively posting), and got stuck in traffic on the way home. :(

What the hell happened at the end of D2? The reasoning on monkey was absolutely horrendous. So she got voted out because she wasted a vote? She's a new player. It was absolutely terrible reasoning when there were legitimate targets out there.

My read on the situation was this, and I'm really perplexed that no one else pointed this out at the end of day 2:

Posts/votes were flying all over the place while kyan was in the lead. Then squidy got in the lead, and suddenly it got quiet. It was so quiet with pretty much no movement happening even with only an hour to go. It's so painfully obvious that scum was happy where the votes were. I firmly believe squidy is town as a result.

Then after squidy's claim we got a little bit of movement. Squidy votes kyanrute. Then both squidy and kyan move to dusk. At this point palmer goes absolutely nuts and starts the lynch train against monkey. He was either trying to defend Kyan, Dusk, or both. So we have the 3 following possibilities:

1) Palmer + Kyan scum
2) Palmer + Dusk scum
3) Palmer + Kyan + Dusk scum

In any case, I believe Palmer to be scum absolutely. There's almost no doubt at this point.

Vote: Palmer[/vote]

And what the hell is this scummy as shit train against Poltergeist? Are you kidding me? You want a repeat of the monkey situation? This is either a scum driven train or the most misguided town I've ever played with. Sorry if I sound frustrated after the last day but I still can't believe you voted out monkey.

Along with Palmer/Kyan/Dusk, I'd like to add WMD is my fourth primary scum candidate. She was pushing hard against monkey early on, and she's been constantly accusing others of things that she's been guilty of all game (fluff posts, non-reads).

Kawl_USC

Just finished day one of the ms150 biking 100 miles. Got to do the same tomorrow. In the mean time could someone be so kind as to provide a summary of the main shenanigans from the first 2 days?

I was like 90% certain monkey was scum. Kinda fuckin my mental state up cause now I'm worried my bowlie/squidy reads are totally fucked too. I really need to read poltergusts posts before I jump on that bandwagon. Been way too tunneled on others.

Hey be glad you are not the one who started the madness at the end of the day how you think i feel.

Palmer_v1

Ugh, I'm sorry I missed the end of D2...had a post written up (was waiting for any scum shenanigans to go down before pre-emptively posting), and got stuck in traffic on the way home. :(

What the hell happened at the end of D2? The reasoning on monkey was absolutely horrendous. So she got voted out because she wasted a vote? She's a new player. It was absolutely terrible reasoning when there were legitimate targets out there.

My read on the situation was this, and I'm really perplexed that no one else pointed this out at the end of day 2:

Posts/votes were flying all over the place while kyan was in the lead. Then squidy got in the lead, and suddenly it got quiet. It was so quiet with pretty much no movement happening even with only an hour to go. It's so painfully obvious that scum was happy where the votes were. I firmly believe squidy is town as a result.

Then after squidy's claim we got a little bit of movement. Squidy votes kyanrute. Then both squidy and kyan move to dusk. At this point palmer goes absolutely nuts and starts the lynch train against monkey. He was either trying to defend Kyan, Dusk, or both. So we have the 3 following possibilities:

1) Palmer + Kyan scum
2) Palmer + Dusk scum
3) Palmer + Kyan + Dusk scum

In any case, I believe Palmer to be scum absolutely. There's almost no doubt at this point.

Vote: Palmer[/vote]

And what the hell is this scummy as shit train against Poltergeist? Are you kidding me? You want a repeat of the monkey situation? This is either a scum driven train or the most misguided town I've ever played with. Sorry if I sound frustrated after the last day but I still can't believe you voted out monkey.

Along with Palmer/Kyan/Dusk, I'd like to add WMD is my fourth primary scum candidate. She was pushing hard against monkey early on, and she's been constantly accusing others of things that she's been guilty of all game (fluff posts, non-reads).

I was absolutely not the one who started a monkey bandwagon. I was absolutely okay with lynching her though. I still think squidyj/bowlie are scum, but that shitshow of a day ruined what I really wanted. I'm in the middle of board games posting from phone which is making me even more scatterbrained right now. I'll post more later.

Monkey's wanted vote wasn't why I was after her anyway. It was the lack of firm stances on almost anything previous to that. Bowlie is the one I want gone for an entirely wasted d1 vote.

If squidyj flips scum at some point, town should absolutely remember this cover that exodus is providing.

Also, you have my name wrong.

Just finished day one of the ms150 biking 100 miles. Got to do the same tomorrow. In the mean time could someone be so kind as to provide a summary of the main shenanigans from the first 2 days?

Basically:

Scum team is Haly-kun/Blargonaut-senshu, Kyanrute, Ultron87-kun, dragon-chan, and possibly Palmer as a fifth member.

Cabot is town, and shares a secret chat with Kyanrute who is scum. They are Lovers and both will die if either is killed. Cabot is still in denial about Kyanrute's true nature.

ultron87

I got a note last night that I'm part of someone's harem now. It didn't contain any other information. So that's probably some neutral thing.

vote:Ultron87

Ultron87-kun, in your opinion, why do you think Haly-kun put the hammering vote on Zubz-senpai?

He didn't care which of us died and wanted easy good town points for tie preventing.

I got a note last night that I'm part of someone's harem now. It didn't contain any other information. So that's probably some neutral thing.

3ed.jpg

He didn't care which of us died and wanted easy good town points for tie preventing.

Watch thou for the arsonist.

] vote: Kyanrute

Seriously i was town reading you basically for trying, Palmer. The "f for effort" basically. But you spent an entire day phase and you don't even know who the fuck you're blindly targeting still. Get fucked. This is the most lazy shit I've seen in this game and i had the misfortune of playing gafia 3.

Vote: palmer_v1

Call it omgus if you want but your sheer fucking blind stupidity is something i don't have patience for. Pay attention or get fucked, seriously. After you're lynched, I'm going after inactives. I didn't sign up to waste hours of my time on people who know better. The new players are all more with it than you. Stanley was more with it than you before he got replaced. I have no patience at all for vets wasting my time. If you can't pull your head out of your ass you're​ just policy at this point. Start playing.

Swamped

Banned
Cabot is town, and shares a secret chat with Kyanrute who is scum. They are Lovers and both will die if either is killed. Cabot is still in denial about Kyanrute's true nature.

This is the first time I've heard you explicitly say this. Why are you sure Kyan is scum and Cabot is town? Is it because of your interactions with them on D2? I know you and Cabot got into some heated discussion, especially regarding Kyan. Cabot voted for Kyan once but also mentioned that it wasn't going to be his day end vote. Interesting.

I'm really concerned about the votes being done to me considering what happened going into yesterday's vote. That was an awful bandwagon onto hey_monkey and I'm glad she was just a regular townie instead of a PR.

I feel like we had at least one of the Mafia members up on the chopping block which prompted that vote for hey_monkey. That was waaaaay too coordinated to have been anything else. I think we threw that one away for no good reason.

My suspicion primarily falls onto Kyanrute and Dragonz, who are now 2/2 in voting for town to get lynched.

That said, I'm glad the night phase went well. I'm really interested in seeing what happened when the game is over.

And without further ado...

Vote: Kyanrute

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Poltergust (5)
Swamped 1745
squidyj 1746
BlackBuzzard 1747
WhereAreMahDragonz 1748
rac 1759

Kyanrute (2)
Dusk Soldier 1765
Poltergust 1770

Palmer_v1 (2)
TheExodu5 1756
flatearthpandas 1768

ultron87 (0): Dusk Soldier 1760 1765

No active vote for Day 3: 30yearsofhurt, cabot, Cewyn, hatmoza, Kawl_USC, Kyanrute, oreomunsta, Palmer_v1, ultron87

Day 3 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 0, BlackBuzzard 8, cabot 2, Cewyn 0, Dusk Soldier 4, flatearthpandas 2, hatmoza 0, Kawl_USC 1, Kyanrute 0, oreomunsta 0, Palmer_v1 3, Poltergust 1, rac 1, squidyj 2, Swamped 3, TheExodu5 2, ultron87 1, WhereAreMahDragonz 5

Day 3 ends:
bla_1493758800.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

TheExodu5

Banned
Uh, got it wrong again.

Vote: Palmer_v1

You know, I'm not buying it Palmer. Especially all the "if I die remember this" messages. Fluff to make it seem like you're genuine town.

vote:Ultron87

Ultron87-kun, in your opinion, why do you think Haly-kun put the hammering vote on Zubz-senpai?

Definitely doesn't make Ultron look good. I was somewhat confident in a Kyan/Ultron scum duo. That being said, looks like Palmer may have saved you as well, so I'm not confident about you either.

I'm really concerned about the votes being done to me considering what happened going into yesterday's vote. That was an awful bandwagon onto hey_monkey and I'm glad she was just a regular townie instead of a PR.

I feel like we had at least one of the Mafia members up on the chopping block which prompted that vote for hey_monkey. That was waaaaay too coordinated to have been anything else. I think we threw that one away for no good reason.

My suspicion primarily falls onto Kyanrute and Dragonz, who are now 2/2 in voting for town to get lynched.

That said, I'm glad the night phase went well. I'm really interested in seeing what happened when the game is over.

And without further ado...

Vote: Kyanrute

I agree it was way too coordinated and last minute. There was far too big of a silence beforehand when votes were on squidy.

What are your thoughts on:

Palmer
Dusk
Ultron

TheExodu5

Banned

Okay, so I completely missed this post.

Come on, we need more details than that. You've been alluding to a cabot secret chat since day 1. Now you reveal it's with kyan. Where is this coming from?

Uh, got it wrong again.

You know, I'm not buying it Palmer. Especially all the "if I die remember this" messages. Fluff to make it seem like you're genuine town.

Definitely doesn't make Ultron look good. I was somewhat confident in a Kyan/Ultron scum duo. That being said, looks like Palmer may have saved you as well, so I'm not confident about you either.

I agree it was way too coordinated and last minute. There was far too big of a silence beforehand when votes were on squidy.

What are your thoughts on:

Palmer
Dusk
Ultron

I used to think Palmer is town. I thought he tried to actively contribute to helping find scum even if his opinions on who scum is is misplaced. Throughout the game I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary with him (although I didn't notice anything weird with Haly, either)... until the last vote happened. Obviously, not everyone who voted for hey_monkey is scum, but this still doesn't put him in a good light.

Dusk is probably town, but he makes some really weird observations sometimes. That said, it's nice to see someone trying to think outside the box. I agree with him on most of his scum picks, too.

Ultron... I have no idea. I still am not sure I believe his revealed role. I think there are more likely candidates for us to focus on for today, at least. He also didn't jump on the hey_monkey bandwagon when he had all the opportunity to.

Palmer_v1

Seriously i was town reading you basically for trying, Palmer. The "f for effort" basically. But you spent an entire day phase and you don't even know who the fuck you're blindly targeting still. Get fucked. This is the most lazy shit I've seen in this game and i had the misfortune of playing gafia 3.

Vote: palmer_v1

Call it omgus if you want but your sheer fucking blind stupidity is something i don't have patience for. Pay attention or get fucked, seriously. After you're lynched, I'm going after inactives. I didn't sign up to waste hours of my time on people who know better. The new players are all more with it than you. Stanley was more with it than you before he got replaced. I have no patience at all for vets wasting my time. If you can't pull your head out of your ass you're​ just policy at this point. Start playing.

Zero substance here. I wasted a whole phase on squidyj thanks to town flipping at the last goddamn minute. I'll happily die today if town promises to go after you and squidyj after they see my flip. I just feel bad squidyj got stuck with flakey teammates at the start, though you are at least making a strong start after the replacement.

Scum team is you, Oreo, squidyj, dead haly, and I'm not sure after that. I've posted why for two of you but I'll make my Oreo post later.

Uh, got it wrong again.

All I can say about that is that it doesn't make sense for scum to swing the votes to me, only to swing them to monkey-chan 5 minutes later.

This is the first time I've heard you explicitly say this. Why are you sure Kyan is scum and Cabot is town? Is it because of your interactions with them on D2? I know you and Cabot got into some heated discussion, especially regarding Kyan. Cabot voted for Kyan once but also mentioned that it wasn't going to be his day end vote. Interesting.

so where are you getting this from?

Okay, so I completely missed this post.

Come on, we need more details than that. You've been alluding to a cabot secret chat since day 1. Now you reveal it's with kyan. Where is this coming from?

Let's give them a chance to explain themselves, and why they didn't come forward when I asked point blank.

Kyanrute

Well, if the current vote against me goes through, you two will be 3/3. =P

Why did you vote for hey_monkey when her vote for me was completely harmless by itself?

Her vote was meaningless, like I somewhat implied in caps.

i guess one could call it

wait for it

waaaaaiiiiit for iiiiiiittttt

fluff

Kyanrute

Dusk, you've been speculating about the mysterious chat since d1. What is this about? Why is it worth discussing? Your implication that I am scum makes me think that you are worried about mixed alignment chats, but that's been your implication since d1 and I find it difficult to believe that you could have concrete information to prove mixed alignments and the existence of the chat in the 1st place at that point. The evidence, please.

Kyanrute

To clarify myself, Dusk has been worried about mixed alignment chats from the start but while he tossed a vote on me on d1, I am not certain if he thought I was scum at that point.

Another point I want to bring up: What has changed between the last vote and now that would have gotten people to vote for me over their previous votes?

For example, Dragonz, why did you vote for me just now instead of Dusk Soldier, who had your vote up until you switched it over to hey_monkey?

I just find it peculiar because the only person who voted for me last day phase was hey_dragon, and now all these votes are coming up rapidly.

Who was being saved on day one and how did you come to this conclusion? Who was being saved on day two and how did you come to this conclusion?

Day one didn't necessarily need a scum save, and I wasn't referring to day one in my argument anyways.

As for day two, that was you, I'm pretty sure. There's no way I can believe that the vote against hey_dragon was completely spontaneous. It happened too quickly and with little justification. You can't even use the "fluff" excuse here because that's all people have accused her of doing up until she was lynched, yet she only received votes going into the last 10 minutes.

Now, it's possible that they were trying to save someone else who was close to being lynched, but my suspicion primarily falls onto you due to previous arguments.

Now, would it be worth it for scum to risk exposing themselves to save another? If there is a PR on the chopping block, I would say that is a strong possibility.

Kyanrute

-20: 5-4-3 Dusk, squid, Kyan
-12: 5-5-3 Dusk squid, Kyan
-11: 6-5-3 Dusk, squid, Kyan
-7: 6-5-4 Dusk, squid, Kyan

And then within the final seven minutes, monkey becomes the lynched.

If scum were worried about me, their beloved dear Kyan, being lynched, why did we prop up a completely new lynch to save me when we could've pushed one of the alternatives?

And I know Polter you want to say that "Well, maybe the alternatives had scum there too!" but that is kinda late now. Your argument was that I was being saved, not that multiple scum were under a threat.

cabot

Currently on the Dusk Soldier vote, Cabot, Rac and BB. I don't fully trust any of those three. Also, I know Dusk's posts have been weird but I don't scum read them.

Tell me who do you fully trust on Day 2?

Ok I'll go with my initial instinct

VOTE: squidyj

a startling instinct that lasted six minutes.

I'd be curious to see a Monkey flip.

VOTE: hey_monkey

Swamped you seem to believe Dusk a lot more than me which makes absolutely no sense considering theres no evidence backing him up and he's suggesting an unorthodox take on a traditional role.

Why?

I think you and Dusk could be in a scum team together.

cabot

I also note how you keep saying you town read Dusk but you've not really given real solid reasons.

I've proven at least he has the ability to misinterpret posts and create false threads from them.

cabot

Poltergust rushing 4 ahead, very good.

Surely we would learn something from day end? going on a whim usually leads to bad results.

At least let the day phase continue a little bit.

Top Bottom