• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Poltergust (6)
Swamped 1745
squidyj 1746
BlackBuzzard 1747
WhereAreMahDragonz 1748
rac 1759
Kyanrute 1784

Kyanrute (3)
Dusk Soldier 1765
Poltergust 1770
30yearsofhurt 1782

Palmer_v1 (2)
TheExodu5 1756 1772
flatearthpandas 1768
TheExodu5 1772

ultron87 (0): Dusk Soldier 1760 1765

No active vote for Day 3: cabot, Cewyn, hatmoza, Kawl_USC, oreomunsta, Palmer_v1, ultron87

Day 3 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 1, BlackBuzzard 8, cabot 7, Cewyn 0, Dusk Soldier 6, flatearthpandas 2, hatmoza 2, Kawl_USC 1, Kyanrute 7, oreomunsta 0, Palmer_v1 4, Poltergust 6, rac 1, squidyj 5, Swamped 3, TheExodu5 4, ultron87 1, WhereAreMahDragonz 6

Day 3 ends:
bla_1493758800.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

-20: 5-4-3 Dusk, squid, Kyan
-12: 5-5-3 Dusk squid, Kyan
-11: 6-5-3 Dusk, squid, Kyan
-7: 6-5-4 Dusk, squid, Kyan

And then within the final seven minutes, monkey becomes the lynched.

If scum were worried about me, their beloved dear Kyan, being lynched, why did we prop up a completely new lynch to save me when we could've pushed one of the alternatives?

And I know Polter you want to say that "Well, maybe the alternatives had scum there too!" but that is kinda late now. Your argument was that I was being saved, not that multiple scum were under a threat.

You raise a fair point, but your reasoning here is too reductive. Instead of looking at the raw numbers, we need to see who was voting for who and at what times.

The person who started the lynch train for hey_monkey was BlackBuzzard. Swamped followed soon after. That put Dusk at 5 votes and squidyj at 4. You were actually just behind Dusk as 4 votes yourself going into the final five minutes. This was a perilous position for you, so you quickly hatched a plan to secure your safety.

You hastily coordinated with at least one other scum member to attempt a bandwagon onto hey_monkey, using her odd vote for me as an excuse. This brought her vote count up to four. Some other townspeople saw a bunch of red and got overzealous and joined in on the lynch, sealing it for her.

What I specifically believed to have happened is that you coordinated with Dragonz, because what I found interesting going over the votes for yesterday is that both of you had voted for Dusk (and not that far apart from each other, either) and then simultaneously moved your votes over to hey_dragon. Perhaps Dusk was your original target, but you decided to switch it up by making hey_monkey to be scum and secure the vote that way.

Of course, there was no guarantee for this plan to have worked, but it had a higher chance of getting you through the day than if you kept your votes on Dusk.

Kyanrute

You raise a fair point, but your reasoning here is too reductive. Instead of looking at the raw numbers, we need to see who was voting for who and at what times.

The person who started the lynch train for hey_monkey was BlackBuzzard. Swamped followed soon after. That put Dusk at 5 votes and squidyj at 4. You were actually just behind Dusk as 4 votes yourself going into the final five minutes. This was a perilous position for you, so you quickly hatched a plan to secure your safety.

You hastily coordinated with at least one other scum member to attempt a bandwagon onto hey_monkey, using her odd vote for me as an excuse. This brought her vote count up to four. Some other townspeople saw a bunch of red and got overzealous and joined in on the lynch, sealing it for her.

What I specifically believed to have happened is that you coordinated with Dragonz, because what I found interesting going over the votes for yesterday is that both of you had voted for Dusk (and not that far apart from each other, either) and then simultaneously moved your votes over to hey_dragon. Perhaps Dusk was your original target, but you decided to switch it up by making hey_monkey to be scum and secure the vote that way.

Of course, there was no guarantee for this plan to have worked, but it had a higher chance of getting you through the day than if you kept your votes on Dusk.

My comment about the vote comes before the train starts. Critique about dragonz's votes is valid I feel. Not in the know about what she was doing, I was certainly saving my own ass (i knows i is town so my survival is nice).

Kyanrute

Still, I stand by my original idea that creating a new train instead of voting for any of the existing alternatives is not a good play. Swamped and BB switched to monkey from non-Kyan targets. Should monkey get no final minute traction, I find it hard to believe that they would've switched to me. At least that's something that scum me would've thought. I feel that I was under indirect threat there and had I been scum, I would've advised my mates to not to protect me. Of course, I do not have control over the actions of others, so how much this would've affected their decision making in the heat of the moment is hard to say.

But let's look at the votes @ -5. Dusk had three votes that I can't see switching to me, dragonz, Cabot and myself. Rac is an unknown and squid is somewhat possible but not as likely as usual thanks to our vote pact. All four votes on me are people that I can see staying on me so those are something that I nor my imaginary scum mates could control. On squid, Palmer, ultron and Cewyn have not shown direct interest at voting me but Exo is a very possible switch. Then we have monkey and oreo on single-vote candidates, both unknowns. Lastly there were three people without votes. Blarg is an absolute unknown nor have I got any idea how hatmoza and Stan would've voted.

At best I can see two additional votes incoming at me. The rest had shown no interest in voting for me or were unknowns. I feel that the best way to control the unknown vote block would've been to keep myself away from the lead - unknowns like to coalesce on leading, likely lynch targets. Any control on the unknown block beyond this is difficult to manage. Thus, what was the better idea: keep dragonz and Kyan on Dusk or switch them to monkey?

5-4-4-2-1-1-3 is the stay. A game of unknowns as they'd get all the power. Alternatively, a tie could be forced by Exo or squid with me in the pair. Dangerous for scum Kyan.

4-4-4-3-1-1-3 is the move. A game of unknowns. Absolutely unpredictable in my opinion. How do people react to the new train? If they want to defend against it (remember, we are lynching monkey to save scum), who do they toss their votes for? Kyan is still a possible candidate for a tie and thus a possible lynch candidate.

I do not see how my scummy ass was saved by my dear friends. At the same time, I will not deny the possibility that there was scum in the race and some of the monkey votes were made in order to attract others to the cause.

hatmoza

I've seen enough responses from Cabot and Kyan.

Now I need Dusk to come clean and explain how he got this information about those two. Honestly, what he's doing is coming off as a bold scum move.

When I've made bold claims like that in past games then remained silent for responses it was usually for 2 reasons: 1) I was town had night action evidence to back me up 2) I was anti town and trying to create confusion.

If Dusk doesn't have a solid piece of information, he will likely get my vote today.

Kawl_USC

Bout to start riding. Don't everyone chime in with a helpful summary at once now...

Vote: hatmoza

Shady as dick comment about how they had haly as top scum all along. Yawn. Most suspicious post of the day in a vacuum lacking proper context so you get my vote for now.

Also, for the love of god people don't start tunneling again about people being on X mislynches in a row! A mislynch by default at least a plurality in the game that's plenty of cover. Town is more likely to mislynch enough times in a row that it looks shady compared to scum who are aware of what are and aren't mislynches. Not to mention mislynches are more of the negative of information rather than actionable info like a scum lynch is. Don't fall into that trap again and spin your wheels uselessly.

I do like the comments bringing up the interaction with haly posted earlier. Need to read up on context but more of this and less of dumb lines of thought like both voted for the town who got lynched or some shit about neighbor lover scum/town chats.

Swamped

Banned
I was absolutely not the one who started a monkey bandwagon. I was absolutely okay with lynching her though. I still think squidyj/bowlie are scum, but that shitshow of a day ruined what I really wanted. I'm in the middle of board games posting from phone which is making me even more scatterbrained right now. I'll post more later.

Monkey's wanted vote wasn't why I was after her anyway. It was the lack of firm stances on almost anything previous to that. Bowlie is the one I want gone for an entirely wasted d1 vote.

If squidyj flips scum at some point, town should absolutely remember this cover that exodus is providing.

Also, you have my name wrong.

I don't really like this response to Exo. It's strange that his reads haven't updated since Monkey and Haly/Blarg's flips. It certainly made me see things in a different light. I can understand FEP's frustration (although I wouldn't say it as harshly lol). It just seems weird to continue pushing for Bowlie based on a D1 gut read (yeah I don't care what evidence you have, all D1 reads are gut reads). Also, trying to draw a tenuous connection between Squidy and Exo ("if squidy flips scum, look at exo") feels quite scummy to me. I could definitely see myself voting for Palmer today.

I got a note last night that I'm part of someone's harem now. It didn't contain any other information. So that's probably some neutral thing.

just be careful if you recruit the yandere to your harem.

XD XD Now this feels like an anime game o(〃^▽^〃)o. OMG a yandere role would be awesome, kind of like a reverse arsonist. When she gets recruited everyone currently in the harem gets killed.

Tell me who do you fully trust on Day 2?

a startling instinct that lasted six minutes.

Swamped you seem to believe Dusk a lot more than me which makes absolutely no sense considering theres no evidence backing him up and he's suggesting an unorthodox take on a traditional role.

Why?

I think you and Dusk could be in a scum team together.

Who did I fully trust on D2? Well, there were players I trusted more than others, like Palmer, Ultron, Dragonz. I started warming up to Exo as well. On D3 I find my reads have changed quite a bit. For example, I town-read squidy, and scum-read Palmer.

I trust Dusk more than Cabot. I know he had some strange interactions on D1, but those would be super odd as a scum gambit. Claiming that two random players are in a chat, and asking them to come forward about it? I've seen reckless scum gambits, and this is not one of them. I am willing to hear what Dusk has to say today.

Kyanrute

wild speculation about mechanics based on absolutely almost nothing

nobody got harem'd n1 or at least nobody admits that - fail?

since the word harem is used, i is of feel that it would not be too much of a reach to think that there is a weeb looking for waifus, the premise could be that at least

if husbandos are not allowed, i could see the waifu gathering requirement be low. alternatively the game has more waifus from the start, should the number be high.

and for the actual role, arsonist. weeb kidnapping poor pure anime beauties to their waifu-van and when the collection is full, weeb wins and they get to play home.

spooky.

cabot

VOTE: Cewyn

Outside of Swamped, I feel your behaviour in the last stages of D2 were really suspect.

Can you give me a top town/top scum and your feelings of how the vote shifts went down

hatmoza

Bout to start riding. Don't everyone chime in with a helpful summary at once now...

Vote: hatmoza

Shady as dick comment about how they had haly as top scum all along. Yawn. Most suspicious post of the day in a vacuum lacking proper context so you get my vote for now.

Also, for the love of god people don't start tunneling again about people being on X mislynches in a row! A mislynch by default at least a plurality in the game that's plenty of cover. Town is more likely to mislynch enough times in a row that it looks shady compared to scum who are aware of what are and aren't mislynches. Not to mention mislynches are more of the negative of information rather than actionable info like a scum lynch is. Don't fall into that trap again and spin your wheels uselessly.

I do like the comments bringing up the interaction with haly posted earlier. Need to read up on context but more of this and less of dumb lines of thought like both voted for the town who got lynched or some shit about neighbor lover scum/town chats.

What's wrong with pointing out I was right about Haly? If you read back, you'll see she was one of my first -if not first- suspects. If it's a gut feeling, I honestly don't mind the suspicion... but your quick vote honestly takes away from the credibility of what you go on to preach in the same posts.

I will strongly agree that, yes, people are very quick to vote on Gaf mafia. Honestly if I had one criticism to mafia here it's that people place votes way too fast... sometimes the votes seem thoughtless.

Kawl_USC

What's wrong with pointing out I was right about Haly? If you read back, you'll see she was one of my first -if not first- suspects. If it's a gut feeling, I honestly don't mind the suspicion... but your quick vote honestly takes away from the credibility of what you go on to preach in the same posts.

I will strongly agree that, yes, people are very quick to vote on Gaf mafia. Honestly if I had one criticism to mafia here it's that people place votes way too fast... sometimes the votes seem thoughtless.
It's begging for town points off of something that is just as easily light w/w pressure for future credit. You didn't lead a lynch or do anything of note off of it. Your suspicion gets you nothing so bringing it up in a nudge nudge fashion strikes me as scummy.

14 miles down. Today is hilly :(

Palmer_v1

This poltergust bandwagon doesn't seem like a good idea. I don't feel like we stand to learn as much from a third person who wasn't in contention yesterday. I'd rather have Ultron or Kyan get voted at this point, so we can see what motives people had for either pushing them, or keeping them safe. Ultron in particular is possibly on a timer due to this harem thing.

If people won't help me with my main targets, I think Ultron is the next best thing. It delays or prevents some neutral shenanigans. He might be doomed anyway. We learn something about a lot of people.

Also for those who were on squidyj yesterday but balked, what has he done since your initial vote for him to make you think he's town?

Palmer_v1

Also, for anyone who seriously thinks I'm scum, who exactly was I trying to protect yesterday? Kyan or Dusk? If you think they were BOTH my scum buddies, that means you think I was pushing SQUIDYJ of all people, as a scapegoat. In that case, don't you think i could have picked a much easier target?

And if I was only trying to protect one of the two, why wouldn't I have just jumped on the other?

cabot

I too am curious why people have flipped on squidy.

I never truly scumread him, but even so his claim was fairly poor, don't see why it would change your mind.

TheExodu5

Banned
Also, for anyone who seriously thinks I'm scum, who exactly was I trying to protect yesterday? Kyan or Dusk? If you think they were BOTH my scum buddies, that means you think I was pushing SQUIDYJ of all people, as a scapegoat. In that case, don't you think i could have picked a much easier target?

And if I was only trying to protect one of the two, why wouldn't I have just jumped on the other?

Because monkey was the only one other than Dusk who hadn't claimed any PR yet. Makes sense for you to push to have more claims/roles out in the open. Going by that assumption, I'd have to believe that Dusk is scum as well.

I'm starting to believe that Kyan and Palmer/Dusk are not on the same team. Gonna have to look over kyan's posts some more, because frankly, there's a lot of content there and I'm not sure if it's thoughtful analysis or careful manipulation. Don't have the time right now.

I'm a little uneasy with these fairly big trains building on so early without any scrutiny towards Palmer/Dusk.

TheExodu5

Banned
I too am curious why people have flipped on squidy.

I never truly scumread him, but even so his claim was fairly poor, don't see why it would change your mind.

Like I said earlier, things calmed down significantly after the votes built up on squidy. Things only got hectic again after votes started moving away from squidy. That points to scum being happy with squidy as a lynch candidate. He's my strongest town read at this point as a result.

hatmoza

I'm all for a Dusk lynch today if he doesn't give a satisfactory explanation to his claims. If he flips scum we have more connections to work with tomorrow.

My town reads are Cabot and Squidy. Recently Exodus.

Dusk, you've been speculating about the mysterious chat since d1. What is this about? Why is it worth discussing? Your implication that I am scum makes me think that you are worried about mixed alignment chats, but that's been your implication since d1 and I find it difficult to believe that you could have concrete information to prove mixed alignments and the existence of the chat in the 1st place at that point. The evidence, please.

New day, new lie.
So, I want to make sure I have this correct.

Your official stance is that you do not share a chat with each other.

And that you are both town.

Is this your story?

Hey Poltergust, who's scum in Dusk, squidy and Kyan?

I obviously can't speak in absolutes here, but I'll give them an order of probability based on how the votes went:

Dusk <<< squidyj < Kyan

Of course, it's entirely possible that more than one of these people are scum, but we need to focus on a particular person so that the vote doesn't get stolen again.

Palmer_v1

I obviously can't speak in absolutes here, but I'll give them an order of probability based on how the votes went:

Dusk <<< squidyj < Kyan

Of course, it's entirely possible that more than one of these people are scum, but we need to focus on a particular person so that the vote doesn't get stolen again.

Cause you have the arrows going opposite of normal, I want to verify you think Kyan is the most scummy of them, followed by squidyj, then dusk.

Kyanrute

any moment now dusk will say HAHAA, you do share a chat - this thread!

i really hope it is that

not sure if my mind is ready for the alternatives, whatever they are

I guess I'll just do a claim instead of dragging this out.

My character is from the anime Black Lagoon, to protect myself from gender-targetting roles I'm keeping their identity secret.

However, they are a hacker.

My night ability allows to me to look up the role name of one player.

My night action is QUERY: player.

I used the secret chat discussion&#8203; as a smoke screen to help me pick my targets. Speculation is one of the best ways I found to get people to divulge information they shouldn't know.

Cabot's fervent defense of Kyanrute D2, is why I decided to check Kyanrute last night.

His character is Psylocke. For those that don't know, Psylocke is a character from X-Men a Gaijin comic.

Another point I want to bring up: What has changed between the last vote and now that would have gotten people to vote for me over their previous votes?

For example, Dragonz, why did you vote for me just now instead of Dusk Soldier, who had your vote up until you switched it over to hey_monkey?

I just find it peculiar because the only person who voted for me last day phase was hey_dragon, and now all these votes are coming up rapidly.

Dusk Soldier was a viable lynch candidate yesterday. You weren't. Doesn't mean I didn't think you were scum at the time, and it doesn't change that now.

Monkey-chan was my top scum read and so when people started voting for her obviously I jumped on it. I'll have to go back and look at who started the train; I've forgotten.

I'm willing to vote for you today because I think you're scum. I have been getting a slight scum read with Dusk so if the votes shift again I will change, but not until then.

My character is from the anime Black Lagoon, to protect myself from gender-targetting roles I'm keeping their identity secret.

I used the secret chat discussion&#8203; as a smoke screen to help me pick my targets. Speculation is one of the best ways I found to get people to divulge information they shouldn't know.

Cabot's fervent defense of Kyanrute D2, is why I decided to check Kyanrute last night.

His character is Psylocke. For those that don't know, Psylocke is a character from X-Men a Gaijin comic.

Well shit.

unvote

squidyj

I'm not sure I believe you or your motives.
My first question for others more familiar with black lagoon, are there enough hackers in the show to mask dusk's identity like he claims to be doing?

Kyanrute

Dusk, I will need your character name. You are either scum or have been manipulated. If the latter, your character name might help me with solving why no townies died last night.

Dusk, I will need your character name. You are either scum or have been manipulated. If the latter, your character name might help me with solving why no townies died last night.
I can't tell you that until i know how my gender can or can't be used against me.

Why would i trust scum regardless?

Top Bottom