• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Annoying" things you enjoy?

I love obtuse puzzles in adventure games. It doesn't feel right if I don't get stuck for a while because I couldn't work out I had to use the duck on the dishwasher to progress.

I know, right? The ridiculous and far-fetched solution brings a smile to my face. It's part of the charm.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Weapon degradation and inventory limits (including weight and space), when balanced well, are exceptionally proficient at evoking and expressing interactive concepts of survivalism, scavenging, the importance of equipment awareness. Having to consider the amount of gear you can carry and managing this throughout the adventure legitimises the risk/reward of gear discovery and accomplishment. Breath of the Wild, STALKER, Deus Ex, and so on would be lesser games without these features.

Scanning planets in Mass Effect.

Fetch quests in Dragon Age: Origins.

I also hate fast travel in Bethesda games. I feel like most people miss like 1/2 the cool stuff cause they fast travel so much. Morrowind had it right...limited fast travel options.

I also hate fast travel in Bethesda games. I feel like most people miss like 1/2 the cool stuff cause they fast travel so much. Morrowind had it right...limited fast travel options.

Seriously, people say they want "open world" games, and then spend 2/3 of the game skipping over the world.
Exploring is half the fun (and much of why Skyrim was so disappointing compared to Morrowind, and even Oblivion).

Cpt Lmao

*Waggle* to do anything in Wii games. It's so god damn satisfying to shrply flick the controller and watch something happen.

Also, being able to stretch your arms on the sofa behind you while you played Wii games was awesome.

velociraptor

I hate all annoying things.

I hate fetch quests.

I hate grinding

I hate travelling from point A to point B

I hate having to restart all the way to the beginning in a long encounter

Time management. Efficiently managing my time relaxes me like almost nothing else. I enjoyed the Atelier series more when it placed a heavier emphasis on time management. If I enjoy the gameplay, I don't mind grinding for levels or resources either.

Top Bottom