• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another 3DS Firmware Update!! (Themes)

So far, I like:
288dcefd441787c60e923da710d09e21_zps77b24754.jpg

09876c265b1542d34260670c24aac0bc_zps704e4a9f.jpg

RM8

Won't be buying anything at the moment (how come there's no Toad theme!?). But it looks sweet in blue :3

HWwmq8L.jpg

wvbDZ7r.jpg

Man, that Hanafuda theme is awesome. The music, the graphics... IMO it is silly to buy themes, but the Hanafuda one might actually be well worth it for me. I'm such a sucker for music...

Cool birthday present (It's tomorrow lol)

Downloading!

Hey, happy birthday, mine is today!
(Well it was today 15 minutes ago, but still. It is a cool present. :) )

Drago

These are mostly the themes that go with the Kisekae plates, right?
Mostly, yeah. Hanafuda doesn't have a faceplate to go along with it though and I don't think there are any Zelda plates announced yet either. All of the Mario themes have corresponding plates though (except 8bit Running Mario I think)

Bought the hanafuda theme as well and think it's pretty cool too.

I'll probably switch between it and the Zelda theme until the AC one arrives.

I think I'll get the Hanafuda one, maybe the Stars too. (The Peach one is really cute...)

I hope they give us some really obscure and weird stuff also.

I also like the Mighty Mushroom one. Dammit Nintendo! I'm saving my eShop credit for Fantasy Life DLC!!

Edit: People must be hammering the Theme Shop, I just got booted.

Ibuki

Banned
I want to get the Animal Crossing theme as well. Shitty part is, the eshop doesn't take American Express, so i'll have to get an eshop card on wednesday.

Nintendo wasn't going to let the Vita have a chance to outshine them with it's fancy themes... no sir.

Seriously though I left my 3DS in my bedroom and I don't want to go into there and wake my wife -_- so now I wait.

These are actually really awesome! Bought 8-bit Mario, Zelda, and Hanafuda so far... Can't wait to match these to faceplates in a week!

Neo Dark

All those stability updates have led to this. The theme update and slight UI changes sure look nice. My 3ds feels fast again. The update about two months ago made it a bit slow while scrolling the bottom home screen so definitely a nice update all around.

Elija2

Kinda dumb that it takes 2 taps now to open the menu apps like Friend List and Notifications. I guess it's nice that you can select them using the D-Pad now, but what's the point when you still need the stylus to navigate them?

Wait, you can mix and match music and colors?

I had selected the black theme before purchasing the Zelda one and it retained the black menu on the bottom. As soon as I switch it to red or some other color, it gets rid of the Zelda theme and makes it all of that color. My mistake - thought it retained the color you picked after purchasing a new theme.

watershed

Banned
After watching a themes tour on youtube I've decided to go with the wooden mario theme. The music is just amazing and the texture looks great. Gotta have it!

$2.60 AUD for a theme? Seems excessive. Also, can you turn the music off or anything? I would literally go insane if I heard the SMB theme every time I turned on the 3DS.

KarmaCow

For themes that cost money these are pretty cheaply done. The non-white background makes the border on the UI elements really stick out and clash.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have $109 lying around in the eshop... why not buy a $1.99 Zelda theme to test it out? Hmm.

Well, I do like it. But I don't know, I am a pretty minimalist guy, I might just keep it on black. We'll see.

Also, as an aside, should I just delete Swapnote? Hasn't it been disabled? Thought they'd remove it in a future firmware or something

watershed

Banned
Turns out the 3ds eshop got an update as well. Now when you click on a game icon you are taken to a single page that has all the old info that used to be separated by different icons. So one page with the demo download at the top followed by videos, followed by a game description, then screenshots, then ratings. The purchase button is an independent icon. I guess this makes the eshop easier to navigate.

MarkusRJR

Ended up buying the Yoshi theme for my Yoshi 3DS XL. The music is definitely going to get old, but I love the green color. Hope they bring themes to the Wii U.

watershed

Banned
I'm really tempted to pick up the Mighty Mushroom theme on top of the wooden Mario theme. Damn Nintendo! I'm gonna end up giving them so much money by the end of the 3ds' life just on themes alone :(

The screenshot button is only for the home screen? That's super lame, I was hoping it would let you take a screen shot of any game when ever you wanted :(

Top Bottom