• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another iPhone 8 leak emerges, new color.

A look at the wireless charging internal parts.

ferrari-foxcon-image-2.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This.. is seeming more and more like a misfire.

TBH those backs look like they'd be for the 7s or whatevers.

Daria

A look at the wireless charging internal parts.

Ferrari EVT? That is most definitely the iPhone anniversary model.

For those unaware, that's Apple's internal code name.

AppleInsider said:
A three-model lineup jibes with rumors that Apple intends to launch two upgraded iPhone 7 models, likely branded “iPhone 7s” and “iPhone 7s Plus,” alongside a high-end version stuffed with exotic technology. This top-tier model, expected to boast a glass sandwich design, borderless OLED display, “invisible” home button, wireless charging and more, carries the internal codename “Ferrari,” according to today’s leaks.

is there any reason we believe this is the 8 and not the forgotten-about 7s+?

they have never changed the exterior look of the model when they go to a S model afaik. If they're changing the camera layout, it's going to be a new model

jimmypython

not sure if it's appropriate to ask in an iPhone8 thread. But is there any news on iPhone 7S?

Given Apple's track record on the "first" devices, iPhone 7S might be a more refined iPhone.

DavidDesu

Why do Apple continue to run with the most horrible colours? Also why do they have so many phones with white faces. Black looks SO much better. That Product Red iPhone is a travesty. Should be black and red, not white and red. It's a silly thing but who approves these obviously bad decisions.

Edit: Christ that dark blue is beautiful. Also I want Xperia Z1 purple. Fuck why grey, beige, shitter beige (gold)... WHY APPLE!?

timshundo

i just want to point how how "stereo speakers" was a big talking point of the iphone 7 and how BS-y that turned out to be. The top speaker is like 1/10th the volume of the regular bottom speaker when operating in stereo mode. Covering up the bottom speaker while stereo audio is playing to hear just the top speaker is ridiculous. Here's to hoping they rectify this.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I miss Bezels :/

I hate accidentally touching shit on my s7 edge. I feel like its led to dropping my phone because i have to hold it the right way in order no to touch the wrong thing.

I've accidentally accepted friend requests on FB, when I just wanted to scroll.

Apart from the screen, It's definitely step backwards in term of design. Glass backs suck, and they shatter easily. The whole Aluminum uni-body is something to love and admire. I don't give a fuck about wireless charging.

Appleman

i just want to point how how "stereo speakers" was a big talking point of the iphone 7 and how BS-y that turned out to be. The top speaker is like 1/10th the volume of the regular bottom speaker when operating in stereo mode. Covering up the bottom speaker while stereo audio is playing to hear just the top speaker is ridiculous. Here's to hoping they rectify this.

My 7’s earpiece speaker is insanely quiet, but on my friends new 7 Plus it actually sounds almost the same as the main speaker.

IPhone leaks never fail to not impress me.

For such quality phones, Apple hasn't made a good looking one since the 4. Seven year ago.

DrSlek

So tacky '70s brown is back in vogue now?
I feel like whoever makes these choices at Apple must live in a place that looks like this.

hfx3xJ6.jpg

HoodWinked

looking at the pictures something about the vertically stacked cameras just looks wrong. like just intuitively in your brain says no.

nJiGvpE.jpg

MercuryLS3

I like that they're going back to the iPhone 4 style look. Always liked the glass back, hopefully it's much stronger/lighter now.

I really don't want to upgrade, but this phone is shaping up to be spectacular. I doubt i can resist.

Draper

I actually really like the copper- Sony had a phone with a similar color.

What I don't like is that gaudy gold trim around it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This makes me think they are going to own the oled camera cutout on the front. A black status bar or black home button area would look dumb on a phone with white or gold front glass. Only works to hide it on black.

Top Bottom