• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Uncharted 4 beta coming up?

Tells me im not eligible to purchase/download it.(UK) Doing this via the online store , not directly from the PS4 as i cannot find it.

that's weird because i got it fine and am also in the UK?

Now its not even giving me the choice of adding it to my basket , only lets me add to my wishlist.
EDIT: Found it on the PS4 store , tells me content cannot be selected at this time.

NGAZh3f.png

Hmmm

;)

i'm at work, hopefully I can remote play my Ps4 so that I can start the download...that's all I need to do right? I can just put it back on rest mode and it'll continue downloading?

Yeah should be good.

I just got home and it's downloading already.

Edit: for people who can't get it off the store I reckon give it a couple hours for now, maybe Grace Chen pushed the button early lol.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
okay so how do we get it??? I typed uncharted 4 but only the actual game comes up

If you are in the US, they have not announced it, or put it on the store... yet. (It is still 9:30am West Coast time)

Maybe an announcement today, in able to download with the store update tomorrow?

viHuGi

Banned
What are the chances they managed to up the resolution to 1080?

its 900p 60fps and 1080p 30fps (Campaign).

Campaign games dont need 60fps, its not like you are playing against other people but PVP gaming needs to be 60fps, there is a reason i love Black Ops 3 so much, very fast and responsive :)

If you are in the US, they have not announced it, or put it on the store... yet. (It is still 9:30am West Coast time)

Maybe an announcement today, in able to download with the store update tomorrow?
blargh...alrighty then, thanks. in the mean time I discovered that there is a free frozen game so I got that on download :p

Hoje0308

Banned
What are the chances they managed to up the resolution to 1080?

None. Any advances made will be put toward keeping the game running at 60, as free from dips as possible.

its 900p 60fps and 1080p 30fps (Campaign).

Campaign games dont need 60fps, its not like you are playing against other people but PVP gaming needs to be 60fps, there is a reason i love Black Ops 3 so much, very fast and responsive :)

How is this an answer to his question? Sounds like you're advocating on behalf of the game.

Hoje0308

Banned
Seems that this wasn't supposed to show up today. Expecting it tomorrow unless Sony decides to put it up again now that the cat is out of the bag.

Melfice7

None. Any advances made will be put toward keeping the game running at 60, as free from dips as possible.

The first beta was only at 60 when nothing was going on, as soon any mayhem broke out it would drop to 40's so i hope they sort that out too, but i just hate 900p on 50+inch tv's

Hoje0308

Banned
The first beta was only at 60 when nothing was going on, as soon any mayhem broke out it would drop to 40's so i hope they sort that out too, but i just hate 900p on 50+inch tv's

I understand that. My TV is the same size and I sit close, but the game plays great with performance dips being the only thing that takes away from the experience, so I'd love it if the performance issues were ironed out.

Agreed. The gameplay is smooth and responsive.

Janky's just the go to word these days for when someone can't properly elaborate on something.

It also has me convinced that those people haven't played a game that actually is janky to a degree (hello TW1).

Hopefully they revamped the controls and shooting. its like they took what made Uncharted 2 mp great and threw it in the gutter then took the filth out of the gutter and put that back in.

never played a 60 fps game so janky.

My experience was entirely different from that of yours. I thought the character animation and controls were spot on. Probably the best I have ever experienced in multiplayer gaming.

Floody

Does anyone know if you need to download the new one? I still have the closed Beta downloaded, and would rather avoid downloading it again.

zsynqx

Luckily I managed to download (UK PSN). Can open the application but just get an error when trying to connect. They will probably put it up for the rest of you after the official announcement of the beta.

Just takes me to an unavailable page on UK store. Can still download the closed beta though, might do that and see if there's a patch update as its still 7GB...

Luckily I managed to download (UK PSN). Can open the application but just get an error when trying to connect. They will probably put it up for the rest of you after the official announcement of the beta.

They might announce the open beta with the store update tomorrow afternoon.

dugdug

Banned
Hopefully they revamped the controls and shooting. its like they took what made Uncharted 2 mp great and threw it in the gutter then took the filth out of the gutter and put that back in.

never played a 60 fps game so janky.

I wouldn't say it was janky, but, as someone who put in an unholy amount of hours into Uncharted 2 and 3 MP, I was severely disappointed with the UC4 beta. It felt almost *too* different from other games.

And get that radar out of my face.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
On second thought not sure if i want 3 locations of the single player spoiled...

Top Bottom