• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Uncharted 4 beta coming up?

Spinluck

Hopefully they revamped the controls and shooting. its like they took what made Uncharted 2 mp great and threw it in the gutter then took the filth out of the gutter and put that back in.

never played a 60 fps game so janky.

I will not take part in these threads if people are just gonna slurp UC2 MP and romanticize the shit out of it again.

UC2 never played nearly as good as the beta.

Heartfyre

I didn't realise there were people out there saying UC2's MP was better than UC4...but I shouldn't be surprised. The internet gives a podium to all kinds of strange perspectives.

Purely from a mechanical perspective, UC4 completely blows UC2 out of the water in every single way. I don't think anyone can argue against that. From a match flow perspective, that's an entirely different story.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As of right now, yes. I've checked about 3 different sites that have reported it (NOT reposted from GAF), and none of them have mentioned US. UK and Europe only.

That would suck. Hopefully there will be another open beta in the US soon.

There is no official announcement yet either. Just speculation due to it popping up there, seemingly, prematurely.

It is Uncharted, I would be shocked no US on this. There will probably be an announcement this evening they are preparing now due to the slip. Or may just stick to a "surprise... sorta now", tomorrow.

Purely from a mechanical perspective, UC4 completely blows UC2 out of the water in every single way. I don't think anyone can argue against that. From a match flow perspective, that's an entirely different story.

Could you speak on that? I haven't played UC4's beta yet so I'm not sure what you mean.

There is no official announcement yet either. Just speculation due to it popping up there, seemingly, prematurely.

It is Uncharted, I would be shocked no US on this. There will probably be an announcement this evening they are preparing now due to the slip. Or may just stick to a "surprise... sorta now", tomorrow.
what do they stand to gain from omitting any region anyway?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
what do they stand to gain from omitting any region anyway?

Nothing.

Looks to have reduced actually, closed beta was around 10.3gb and redownloading from the library is now 7.144gb

It got that way with all the patches, didn't it? Initially it was 7GB wasn't it? And re-downloading is always the base, minus the patches.

How do I find this on the UK store?

It was taken down. We have to wait for an official announcement.

Could you speak on that? I haven't played UC4's beta yet so I'm not sure what you mean.

Basically, U2MP required much more strategy and tactics; map control and weapon control, and attention to where you, your teammates, and the enemy was/where they were going. Firefights could happen all over the map because there were weapons scattered around that gave people a reason to stay mobile.

U4MP is use your magic/bots ASAP, all match long, in the same 2-3 firing lanes that the maps funnel everyone into. There's no weapons or anything of worth around the map so people have no reason to move from their spots, where they will just use their magic/bots/mines to help them stay there for as long as possible.

bitbydeath

It got that way with all the patches, didn't it? Initially it was 7GB wasn't it? And re-downloading is always the base, minus the patches.

The store said it was 10.3gb so I'd imagine that is pre-patch. Dunno if they'll update the same client but i am ready if they do.

zkorejo

Ohhhh yeahh.. I have been watching Uncharted MP beta gameplay videos since last 10 days. I was alright but then suddenly at the end of feb, I felt this urge to play U4 MP again and started playing TLOU MP to get my fix.

I hope it starts earlier than Friday. Do it on Thursday... give us atleast 4 days ND!

Hanmik

can't find it in UK store

it has been removed.. it is on my download list, but once I try to go to the site it says wrong site.. But I have it downloaded and it is ready to go once the beta opens..

Btw.. it is exactly the same download as the first beta, so if people have played that, just go to your download list and redownload it.

Bold One

It got taken down. Might go back up when the store updates today. But otherwise later in the week.

it has been removed.. it is on my download list, but once I try to go to the site it says wrong site.. But I have it downloaded and it is ready to go once the beta opens..

Btw.. it is exactly the same download as the first beta, so if people have played that, just go to your download list and redownload it.

OnlasSw.gif

Played the last Beta, it was really good but as someone who is really just interested in the single player for this game, I don't feel the need to play again, but for those that like multiplayer games, it's well worth a play.

Majek

Perfect timing for this. Now i'll get my tps fix and won't have to give in for the Division. hooray. Maybe they'll even include an unseen MP map, the one that wasn't finished back then so they couldn't show it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really interested to see the improvements and changes from closed beta.

Top Bottom