• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ant-Man |OT| Is It Too Late To Change The Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Hawkeye's a family man.

So it'll start with a break up and losing custody of the kids (does he have kids in the movies? I have no idea). After the court proceedings, he finds Pizza-dog injured in the rain. Smash cut to opening credits. Smash cut to the start of the best marvel movie.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Michael Douglas would want Janet to be played by his wife, Catherine Zeta Jones...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=122659

Should the original Wasp somehow return in an Ant-Man sequel, Michael Douglas was asked who he'd like to see portray the character
given we only get a closeup of her eyes in this movie.
"Maybe my wife Catherine [Zeta-Jones]," said the two-time Oscar-winning actor. "We're always looking for something to do together."

Tagged spoiler isn't MAJOR, but for those wanting to stay spoiler-free, it's covered for ya.

Jzero

Did the theater mess up on the date or do i get to see the movie a day early?

uSkLjko.png

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Did the theater mess up on the date or do i get to see the movie a day early?

uSkLjko.png
For whatever reason, midnight showings have no expanded to day before showings. There were multiple times the day before Ultron's premiere that I could have chosen from when I was really just looking for 12:01am. It was actually somewhat disappointing.. There's something cool about seeing hordes of people gathered at the theater for 12:01, 12:02, 12:03, 12:04, etc. showings.

T'Zariah

Banned
For whatever reason, midnight showings have no expanded to day before showings. There were multiple times the day before Ultron's premiere that I could have chosen from when I was really just looking for 12:01am. It was actually somewhat disappointing.. There's something cool about seeing hordes of people gathered at the theater for 12:01, 12:02, 12:03, 12:04, etc. showings.

This was a direct response to the fallout to the shooting in Colorado. It was already heading in that direction, but that pushed it over the edge.

Midnight showings are a thing of the past, and as such, Harry Potter's record in '11 will stay indefinitely.

T'Zariah

Banned
It's the best time to see movies now. Nobody goes to the 7pm showings in my area so it's practically empty

You lucky bastard.

I live on the coast of NC. If you don't show up before 6:30, you're FUUUUUUUUUCKED.

:(

I had to get the AoU premiere at 5:45 to get some great seats along with snacks.

I am happy for the 7pm shows. It means my wife is more receptive to going to opening showings since she can still get to bed at a regular hour.

Dalek

I am happy for the 7pm shows. It means my wife is more receptive to going to opening showings since she can still get to bed at a regular hour.

Yes!! So true for old married people like us. I don't think I'll ever go to another 10 o'clock screening for as long as I live. I'm exhausted.

Blader

Midnight showings were a cool experience, but my memory of the film was always such a blur the next morning. Earlier Thursday night showings is probably the first theater trend I've enjoyed in a very long time, :lol

This was a direct response to the fallout to the shooting in Colorado. It was already heading in that direction, but that pushed it over the edge.

Midnight showings are a thing of the past, and as such, Harry Potter's record in '11 will stay indefinitely.

I miss the midnight premiers, it was like 100% people who legitimately wanted to see that specific movie and not randoms seeing it just to see it.

Also the newer showtimes never feel up like the old midnights did.

Enthus

It's the best time to see movies now. Nobody goes to the 7pm showings in my area so it's practically empty

Some of my friends still want to go to midnight showings even with every movie having 7 PM times. I don't understand them, the only benefit to a midnight showing is seeing the movie before everyone else. And then sometimes I'll walk out of a 7 PM showing and see lines around the building for a midnight time.

People are crazy.

farisr

I'll be off watching the damn movie by then.

I won't be able to watch it till Saturday at the earliest unfortunately.

It's probably going to be this previously-released clip, I mean it's the one Marvel keeps pushing every time I see a clip pop up on Youtube or a TV Spot. They really should get some new ones for this movie. I mean it looks like a TV show.

Man, I really don't get you folks. First you complain that companies don't stream or release their comic-con footage that is unfinished and show it off to the fans. And when they do release the unfinished footage, you complain that it doesn't look good. There's just no winning with you guys.

Anyways, that's why I'm excited for the 16th. We're finally going to see the finished version of that scene.

Yikes, the RT rating is not looking promising. Please don't go Thor 2 on me.

The average rating is more telling than the actual % meter

It's at a perfectly respectable 6.8 right now, higher than a movie like Kingsman (6.6) which by all accounts is fantastic

Also a reminder that these scores really shouldn't be taken too seriously...unfortunate ly until the movie is out we don't have much else to discuss :(

Pachimari

The premiere here isn't until July 22.
And I keep forgetting that I have tickets for this showing.
Afraid I'll forget about it on the day, gotta write it down in my calendar.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got my ticket for wednesday. I haven't read anything Ant-man, one franchise I know little to nothing of. But I'll check out the new Spencer series soon, first trade just got out.

Syriel

The first trailer left me cold but everything after has left me semi optimistic.

I'll order my tickets soon. I forgot, is ant-man phase 2 or the start of phase 3?

Just got back from a screening. Felt like the start of Phase 3 to me.

Thoughts:
  • I liked it better than Age of Ultron, but not as much as Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Opening is a little slow, but it picks up from there.
  • Stay until the very end of the credits.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Is it me or does Ant-Man have a small marketing budget? I see more Fantastic 4 commercials than I do for Ant-Man.

Neoxon

Is it me or does Ant-Man have a small marketing budget? I see more Fantastic 4 commercials than I do for Ant-Man.
Polar opposite for me. I actually haven't seen a F4 commercial in weeks, while Ant-Man is quite literally everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom