• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With rubber bullets.

The new run of Punisher is so fucking bad. It's a fucking merry-go-round of pointless marvel cameos.

The Punisher is supposed to be dismantling organized crime, not fucking around with Crossbones and Electro.

New Punisher is mostly awesome.

He took down the Dos Soles.

mreddie

Bv6D6_WIIAACziS.jpg

On the subject of Wright's departure, I'm 99% the script rewrites are mostly cameos and referencing certain events in AOU. The core story will probably be the same as Wrights vision. Unfortunately, the cinematography won't quite be the same. I have no doubt the movie will still be good though.

On the subject of Wright's departure, I'm 99% the script rewrites are mostly cameos and referencing certain events in AOU. The core story will probably be the same as Wrights vision. Unfortunately, the cinematography won't quite be the same. I have no doubt the movie will still be good though.

That's not enough to wanna quit.

Wazzy

Banned
Cause it seems so relatively minor, especially when the changes are just so it fits in with the current storyline/timeline.

Yeah but I think it's been said Wright wanted the movie to be more of one that existed on it's own but could still technically tie into the MCU. With these changes, it's obvious other things needed to change like possibly time periods, dialogue and references. I don't think anyone would see that as minor if they're against wanting to fit it in to the universe.

I am totally out of the loop with Ant-Man, but will it be Michael Douglas or Paul Rudd who will meet/team-up-with the current Avengers team? I hope it's Rudd as I can imagine his chemistry with the Avengers would be amazing, but Douglas would be cool as well.

J10

Banned
I am totally out of the loop with Ant-Man, but will it be Michael Douglas or Paul Rudd who will meet/team-up-with the current Avengers team? I hope it's Rudd as I can imagine his chemistry with the Avengers would be amazing, but Douglas would be cool as well.

Hopefully Paul Rudd's Ant-Man dies and we're left with Douglas.

I hope it's both. With Rudd in the action, but Douglas in the helicarrier or whatever.

Wazzy

Banned
I kind of wish they didn't cast Michael Douglas because then it would be easier to have both since they Hank could be a little younger.

I'm more interested in Rudd so I hope he's the main one.

I hope it's both. With Rudd in the action, but Douglas in the helicarrier or whatever.
I would love this, if only because I really want a scene with Michael Douglas' Pym talking down to Stark and Banner. I'd love for him to show them what a real scientist is like.

But, sadly, I highly doubt that's possible. An Avengers 3 wouldn't be until, what, 2018 at the earliest? Douglas is 70 next month. Would he even want to do a new Marvel movie in four or five years?

I would love this, if only because I really want a scene with Michael Douglas' Pym talking down to Stark and Banner. I'd love for him to show them what a real scientist is like.

But, sadly, I highly doubt that's possible. An Avengers 3 wouldn't be until, what, 2018 at the earliest? Douglas is already 69. Would he even want to do a new Marvel movie in four or five years?

Yeah, it would be awesome. Especially if we have some scene in either movie where Pym complains about Stark taking his AI tech and never giving him credit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

But, sadly, I highly doubt that's possible. An Avengers 3 wouldn't be until, what, 2018 at the earliest? Douglas is 70 next month. Would he even want to do a new Marvel movie in four or five years?

Dont we know already, that there are two arcs in the Ant Man movie? One in the 60s with Hank Pym and one in the current time?

Watching Pym make Stark and Banner his science bitch would be hilarious.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.mtv.com/news/1923584/paul-rudd-ant-man-costume/

When Paul Rudd was announced as Marvel’s choice to headline “Ant-Man,” some fans were skeptical. Sure, Rudd is a terrific actor with a great body of work. But does he have a great enough body to handle the high-stakes action that comes with the superhero territory?

It seems that the answer is very much “yes,” based on what Michael Douglas told MTV News at the Toronto International Film Festival, where he’s promoting “The Reach,” his new desert thriller co-starring Jeremy Irvine. Douglas, who appears in “Ant-Man” as original size-changing hero Hank Pym, revealed that Rudd is not only muscular enough to don Scott Lang’s superhero suit — he’s almost too muscular.

“Paul Rudd is ripped,” said Douglas. “He’s been training and working out for this picture for a long time. He was so cut, that they had to soften his costume up, with all the built-in six-packs and all of that.”

Douglas, however, won’t be wearing a costume — and that’s A-OK with him.

“My costume will be hung up,” he said, “and Paul will be wearing it in good form.”

I wonder though, will we see a 1960s era Pym wearing the Ant-Man suit?

As much as I'm sure Douglas would love to get ripped and put the suit on, I'm sure at his age, he'd rather not rip a tendon trying to do it.

Although it would be funny if he went to put the suit on after Rudd had it on, and it draped off of him like loose footy pajamas.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
A casting announcement doesn't necessarily mean he was just added to the movie. He probably filmed his first scene somewhere that lots of extras (or the general public) could see, so they put out a press release to formally announce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom