• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone ever tried Minoxidil for beard growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this stuff pseudo science or clinically proven to work?

I would use it to thicken my beard which I can already grow a good one. Just want it thicker.

is this stuff pseudo science or clinically proven to work?

I would use it to thicken my beard which I can already grow a good one. Just want it thicker.
Yo these bois in this thread are all fucking afraid of everything. This shit worked, I could give u a step by step if u want to grow one through this
PROOF or it didnt happen.
Lol even if I did post proof, it wouldn't change your mind

Yo these bois in this thread are all fucking afraid of everything. This shit worked, I could give u a step by step if u want to grow one through this

Lol even if I did post proof, it wouldn't change your mind

Im just joking around anyway.

Im sure it worked. Enjoy being bearded! Its the best.

I read that when you stop, hair loss occurs.

I don't want to thin my beard if I stop using it and fuck up what I already have going for me.

I read that when you stop, hair loss occurs.

I don't want to thin my beard if I stop using it and fuck up what I already have going for me.
That only happens for people that do it for a short period of time. You're supposed to do it for at least 3-6months continually and then the hairs will go terminal and they will grow in forever

Lynd7

My friend started using it cause he was losing his hair a bit. He started growing more hair on his face and knuckles. He was turning into a teen wolf.

Hydrus

Lol I forgot about this thread. So here's an update: I used it for about 3 weeks before stopping. Basically I just got lazy. This stuff is kind of a hassle to put on everyday and is super greasy. But in that time i did use it, I noticed these white, long hairs that popped out of nowhere. Maybe about two weeks after the first application. Those white hairs eventually got long and somewhat thick, basically terminal. It wasn't alot of hair, but definitely some new ones I've never seen before.
I used .5ML twice a day. As far as side effects go, a bit of a burning sensation for like 20 minutes or so, and it definitely dried out my skin and made it look all ashy, even with lotion. As far as the serious stuff goes, in the beginning I though my chest got a bit tight and my arm started to hurt, but I'm not sure if it was all in my head. Nothing too crazy to make me go to the hospital or anything like that, just not sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me after being a bit nervous using this stuff. I truly believe this stuff works for beard growth. Once summer and this heat is over, I'm gonna jump back on it and see if it can continue thickening and filling in my beard.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That took 8 months? In the OP

For me that's like 3 hours after I fucking shave

Exaggerating aside, but by 5 O'Clock I'm 4 months in, next day I'm the 10 month picture not seen
By a full month I'm Viking's territory

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That took 8 months? In the OP

For me that's like 3 hours after I fucking shave

Exaggerating aside, but by 5 O'Clock I'm 4 months in, next day I'm the 10 month picture not seen
By a full month I'm Viking's territory
The photo isn’t explained very well but each month is the same time interval after a clean shave to demonstrate that he’s getting more coverage and growth.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The photo isn’t explained very well but each month is the same time interval after a clean shave to demonstrate that he’s getting more coverage and growth.

So what happens if I use it?

My wizardry beard becomes more sentient?

some ppl would rather have struggle beards than no beard I guess.

Yeah I mean its definitely an improvement for him, and I don't take that away. If your a dude looking to make some gains on your facial hair this seems to help judging from those picture.

I just would expect a miracle going by that.

I've studied this intensively. Ask me the questions if u have them, most of these people are just spewing bullshit.

Not even blaming them but I'm just saying.

Yes it will grow hair. No I don't look like a struggle try hard, it's legit filling in like how a normal person w/good beard genetics would.

Only thing I'm missing fully is connectors but I still have a few months to go so fingers crossed.

If u have already have a beard it can help u fill in those patch spots but it will take some commitment which 90% of people on this page seem unwilling to do and instead choose to mock in typical gafian fashion

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah I mean its definitely an improvement for him, and I don't take that away. If your a dude looking to make some gains on your facial hair this seems to help judging from those picture.

I just would expect a miracle going by that.
I mean for a drug invented as primarily blood pressure medication I think it does alright from the videos
until you start bleeding from your orifices

I've studied this intensively. Ask me the questions if u have them, most of these people are just spewing bullshit.

Yes it will grow hair. No I don't look like a struggle try hard, it's legit filling in like how a normal person w/good beard genetics would.

Only thing I'm missing fully is connectors but I still have a few months to go so fingers crossed
Besides dry skin any other marketed side effects?

his beard is trash compared to mine

Well same here, its not even close to what I can do in a month of growth.

But I think the point is more that this is for dudes that can't grow much of anything at all. I think the results seen here are worth it for guys that can't grown much facial hair at all.

Beards are one of those many things in life that are like a genetic lottery. You've either got it or you don't Its cool to see at least some progress for those that can't grow it.

I mean for a drug invented as primarily blood pressure medication I think it does alright from the videos
until you start bleeding from your orifices

Besides dry skin any other marketed side effects?
Besides dry skin, I've experienced nothing really.

I think maybe more backhand hair but I don't have a pic of that for reference so I'm not sure.

The dry skin is admittedly a bitch tho as I never had that before, but it's only noticeable if u do this completely clean shaven.

It will also stop obviously after I finish using it because minoxidils active ingredient is alcohol.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Besides dry skin, I've experienced nothing really.

I think maybe more backhand hair but I don't have a pic of that for reference so I'm not sure.

The dry skin is admittedly a bitch tho as I never had that before, but it's only noticeable if u do this completely clean shaven.

It will also stop obviously after I finish using it because minoxidils active ingredient is alcohol.
Coo. Imma buy some for my friend for his birthday and tape a beard comb to the box 😂

Hydrus

I mean, if we are being honest, even at 6 months that's not that impressive of a beard

That's not 6 months of him not shaving, that's 6 months of new hair growth. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Only thing I'm missing fully is connectors but I still have a few months to go so fingers crossed.

If u have already have a beard it can help u fill in those patch spots but it will take some commitment which 90% of people on this page seem unwilling to do and instead choose to mock in typical gafian fashion

Same here. I had to stop applying it there because my skin is really sensitive there and I end up with a rash. Gonna try it once a day and see if that helps.

That's not 6 months of him not shaving, that's 6 months of new hair growth. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

It's, still at that point not a crazy impressive beard by any means.

But yes, it is a big improvement, and like I said if you are a dude that can't grow much facial hair at all this seems a very viable alternative to help out.

Yes not going to use this stuff, but just wanted to let you know I was a late bloomer OP. Weak ass beard with no cheek coverage etc. Until just this year at 26. It's still coming in slowly. I imagine by the time I'm 30 I'll be able to grow an actual beard. On the plus side o basically have no body hair either (Outside the usual clusters of course lol).

so wait after the 6 month period you dont have to use it anymore? or will you have to apply this the rest of your life?
Curious about this too. From what I have heard, when you stop using it for head hair, it falls out again. Wonder if its the same for facial hair.

Yes not going to use this stuff, but just wanted to let you know I was a late bloomer OP. Weak ass beard with no cheek coverage etc. Until just this year at 26. It's still coming in slowly. I imagine by the time I'm 30 I'll be able to grow an actual beard. On the plus side o basically have no body hair either (Outside the usual clusters of course lol).

I think a lot of young guys need to keep this in mind as well. I see some guys panic about their beards really young, and yeah for some people it will never grow in thick.

But if you are like 18 - 21 and worried your beard isn't super thick relax. It wasn't until about 25 mine was really strong and now at 28 its practically genetic lottery on thickness. If you are super young I'd give it a few years of filling out before jumping to chemical help. It may have just not filled in all of the way yet. Anyone under 25 I would advise against it.

Hydrus

so wait after the 6 month period you dont have to use it anymore? or will you have to apply this the rest of your life?

Curious about this too. From what I have heard, when you stop using it for head hair, it falls out again. Wonder if its the same for facial hair.

You can stop after 6 months. Your beard won't fall out. This is like a boost to help your facial hair "wake up". Your head hair goes bald because of DHT. Facial hair and any other hair other then the very top of your head is not affected by DHT. Minoxidil does not stop DHT, in fact no one knows how it works.

You can stop after 6 months. Your beard won't fall out. This is like a boost to help your facial hair "wake up". Your head hair goes bald because of DHT. Facial hair and any other hair other then the very top of your head is not affected by DHT. Minoxidil does not stop DHT, in fact no one knows how it works.
Co-signed

Can I fully shave in the morning and apply this afterwards? I don't want to have a half assed 5 o'clock shadow for 6 months while I wait for the patches to fill in

Well thats cool then. I wonder what would happen if I used it for my beard. Im going bald on my head but my beard is thick as fuck.

Can you imagine if that shit somehow rubs onto your wife at night, and slowly but surely, over the span of a year, she starts growing hair on her right cheek lol?

If somebody has pointed this out, grab my stubbly chin and call me a beardy weirdy.

Beards tend to happen if you don't shave. If you are a grown man and you don't get uncomfortably prickly hair growth on your neck after a few days without shaving, you're lucky.

If you let it go, a beard will happen. It may not be the beard you want, but it's a beard.

If it isn't a beard, maybe you're just lucky. Constant facial itching isn't much fun.

If you still want to fake a beard, go ahead, knock yourself out. Makeup artists need your custom.

Link1110

I've wondered the opposite of this thread, could you use Nair on your face and not have to shave anymore. Is that possible?

I thought beards were on the outs.

Why would anyone do this?

What i wouldn't give to have that little facial hair after months. I hate shaving every other day as it is. Facial hair sucks.

I've wondered the opposite of this thread, could you use Nair on your face and not have to shave anymore. Is that possible?

This guy gets it, though that is a bit extreme.

molotrok

When I used minoxidil on my head, for hairloss, I noticed my skin on my face was noticeably puffier. You guys putting it directly on your face not suffering from that?

Harmen

I remain by my initial stance that, while it likely works on some individuals, it probably isn't worth the potential health risks (or side effects of long term usage). Absorption rates differ between different places of the skin and thus leads to differences in dosage and distribution. It is not FDA approved for beard growth.

Shredderi

I can't grow a fucking beard either and I'm 28. Beard would be useful for the potential hair loss as the years creep on. I don't have facial features to pull off Xavier look. I'll just look like a baby.

Hydrus

Here's a new update: I restarted using this stuff after stopping for the summer. First day I used it, I definitely got the side effect of the weird heart beat. May of put too much. Second day I woke up with a very weird feeling in my head. Not a headache, but kind of dizzy and just felt out of it the whole day. Today is my third day and felt that way today as well, though not as much as yesterday. Also no weird heart beats or anything like that. Kinda of weird, because the first time I used this stuff for three weeks, I didnt really get any sides at all. Maybe it's just this hot ass weather playing tricks on me. Gonna try it for a few more days and see if the head stuff clears up. If not, then I'll just stop using it for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom