• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Tom Brady's 'Deflategate' appeal rejected by federal court

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this 100% FINAL? Last year I gambled that his suspension wasn't gonna happen and it carried to me to 2nd place in my fantasy league. This seems a lot more concrete..

LOL at any assclown who thinks that Brady got caught cheating.

There is literally no evidence, there is nothing, and this is a bunch of bullshit. Anyone supporting this is just jealous of a winning QB or just downright pathetic. If you support Gooddell you need your god damn head checked.
Ths level of fandom is pathetic. Sober up, Affleck.

KyroLen

Neo Member
Ths level of fandom is pathetic. Sober up, Affleck.

Whats pathetic is someone being suspended based off little-to-no evidence whatsoever, spending millions on a report that gets destroyed under scrutiny. What's pathetic is beating a spouse gets less games then this violation, that similar equipment violations have only ever held a fine with no suspensions.

This whole thing is complete bull, and anyone that supports it I have to think has some mental deficiency.

Whats pathetic is someone being suspended based off little-to-no evidence whatsoever, spending millions on a report that gets destroyed under scrutiny. What's pathetic is beating a spouse gets less games then this violation, that similar equipment violations have only ever held a fine with no suspensions.

This whole thing is complete bull, and anyone that supports it I have to think has some mental deficiency.

Lol. Needs more F bombs and slurring.

Greg

are you Jim or John?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Wasn't the big damning part that he "coincidentally" destroyed evidence right before they asked for it?

rofl

I haven't followed this in a long long time, but wasn't it shown that the difference in air temp wasn't enough to account for the loss of PSI?

No. The exact opposite actually. Plus the methodology in which ted wells and exponent conducted their experiments gas been debunked as shoddy ad well, worth them cherry picking between two different metters when it suited them

Natiko

Banned
So much salt. There are far bigger injustices in this world, hell this sport even. Don't worry Pats fans it'll be okay, don't pop a blood vessel raging too hard.

hom3land

Wasn't the big damning part that he "coincidentally" destroyed evidence right before they asked for it?

If by coincidence you mean, Brady asked did they need his phone and was told no.. So destroys phone.. Then nfl calls him out for destroying phone as a sign of guilt.. Then Yea. The kicker didn't turn over his phone either. Yet he never got suspended.

He destroyed it after he was told it wouldn't be needed because they got the data they needed from his contacts. After it was destroyed he contacted his provider to get all potentially relevant texts

ampere

I haven't followed this in a long long time, but wasn't it shown that the difference in air temp wasn't enough to account for the loss of PSI?

Yeah, it's not even about that anymore though. It's about Goodell's power as commissioner to do whatever he wants for punishments, and unfortunately the NFLPA basically OK'd that

He destroyed it after he was told it wouldn't be needed because they got the data they needed from his contacts. After it was destroyed he contacted his provider to get all potentially relevant texts

It was still a bad idea because of the optics, if his lawyer told him that was OK to do then his lawyer really misled him

Came into this thread looking for salt like this. 🙂

Waste of tax dollars on these stupid appeals for a football game. Deal with this within the league.

Should all labor disagreements do that? When the lineman's union has a labor dispute with Verizon, should they just "deal with it within company" ? If a teachers union has a labor disagreement with City Hall should they just "Settle it in the school yard?"

I don't think people who support it have a mental deficiency, but they're just so blinded by their fandom of other teams or their hatred of a winning organization, that reason and precedent don't matter. Although maybe being such ridiculous fans that they can't see reason and precedent is a mental deficiency.

No, his cell phone wasn't evidence and there was nothing damning about it from any sort of legal or investigatory perspective. It's damning from a personal perspective for fans who have an ax to grind against successful players or for a commissioner who wants to show that he has power over the players union. Brady did turn over his text message history which the league combed through and then divulged publicly due to the investigation. The only details we got were personal texts between Gizelle and Brady about their children, and personal texts between Brady and Bridget Moynihan over their children, and then a conversation about a white pool covering. The league got nothing from it, but the courts have determined that even without evidence or anything linking a player to something that there isn't any proof actually happened, that the commissioner of the league has the power in their collective bargaining agreement to put a player on unpaid leave.

The grievance that the NFLPA has had is that the commissioner doesn't have that power, but the Courts have determined that the Commissioner does have that power per their CBA.

Draxal

Yeah, it's not even about that anymore though. It's about Goodell's power as commissioner to do whatever he wants for punishments, and unfortunately the NFLPA basically OK'd that

It is basically a powerplay between all the owners.

Goodell is too cushy with Kraft, so the other owners demanded he drop the hammer on him, just like Goodell did with the Cowboys and Redskins when they didn't collude during the uncapped year.

KyroLen

Neo Member
Came into this thread looking for salt like this. 🙂

Yup, I'm def salty, no question about that. Can't help it when faced with a dumb decision like this.

But i'll feel much better after winning most of the 4 game stretch to start, then Brady coming back, and the Pats winning another SB.

Salt will pass, unfortunately for some the Pats dynasty will not.

Arc

He kept on destroying his cell phones with the text messages on some sort of schedule.

This is not true at all. You've fallen for Stephen A Smiths incorrect report. Pay attention and do your research before you irresponsibley spread wrong information.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Do you have proof of this corruption? Because if not, better keep your trap shut.

Fact is Wells Report was destroyed when held to scrutiny, there is no direct evidence of cheating, this whole thing was never about that anyway. But go ahead, support the unjustified decision and side with the uneducated morons of the world.

Calm down. Brady, who always destroys his phones and plays for a team and coach with no history of cheating and has a ball handler who needs to poop during the one uninterruptible job he has, simply has to miss a couple of games. He can spend more time with the model he dumped his girlfriend for.

Cornbread78

updated image:

eo2SCGH.png

Tripon

This is not true at all. You've fallen for Stephen A Smiths incorrect report. Pay attention and do your research before you irresponsibley spread wrong information.
Yeah, I'm totally going to take the absolute facts from a guy with a Tom Brady avatar.

KyroLen

Neo Member
Calm down. Brady, who always destroys his phones and plays for a team and coach with no history of cheating and has a ball handler who needs to poop during the one uninterruptible job he has, simply has to miss a couple of games. He can spend more time with the model he dumped his girlfriend for.

Yeah that's true, he can have more time to rest and prepare for when he comes back. I'll let the anger pass and just wait for his return and the Pats dominance again.

Though if they win even more championships, who knows what trumped up charge will arise to try and stop them again and who knows how many sheep will follow in line and tote the same rhetoric and unproven and downright false information that was circulated by jealous fanbases.

Spinluck

Justice has been served.

It's a little plain, needs more salt...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah that's true, he can have more time to rest and prepare for when he comes back. I'll let the anger pass and just wait for his return and the Pats dominance again.

Though if they win even more championships, who knows what trumped up charge will arise to try and stop them again and who knows how many sheep will follow in line and tote the same rhetoric and unproven and downright false information that was circulated by jealous fanbases.

Lance Armstrong flashbacks. 😝

Raw64life

I've grown to hate the overuse of the word salty, but some of the sodium levels in this thread are incredible. Brady turned a regular L into a Meek Mill sized L by taking this all the way.

Squalor

Haven't even had breakfast yet, and I've already reached my daily recommended intake of sodium.

Thank you, Patriots fans.
I've grown to hate the overuse of the word salty, but some of the sodium levels in this thread are incredible. Brady turned a regular L into a Meek Mill sized L by taking this all the way.
He's going "all the way up" to the Supreme Court, probably.

It'll be a long fall.

Ducarmel

Yup, I'm def salty, no question about that. Can't help it when faced with a dumb decision like this.
It sucks for Brady but this is a great call by the courts. If brady/nflpa won this would have bad consequences in the future because it would cut both ways. Corporations would go to court to circumvent contract agreements with labour unions.

Nflpa needs to make sure Goodell office has checks and balances in the next agreement.

jmood88

Just confirmation of how badly the NFLPA messed up during their last labor negotiations. All the evidence points to deflategate being nothing, but they gave the commissioner way, way too much power, it doesn't matter what the evidence shows. This is gonna be a major labor dispute when they collectively bargain again.
And then the players had a chance to get someone better to be in charge of the union but they decided to keep De Smith around. Goodell's power is their own fault.

It sucks for Brady but this is a great call by the courts. If brady/nflpa won this would have bad consequences in the future because it would cut both ways. Corporations would go to court to circumvent contract agreements with labour unions.

Nflpa needs to make sure Goodell office has checks and balances in the next agreement.
Exactly, you can't have the courts override a contract because one side doesn't like it years after signing it.

Squalor

For this? lol
Everyone really angry about this should boycott.

If the people in here really are as fed up with Goodell and the League as they claim to be, they should stop watching.

But we know they won't. They'll just whine on Internet forums and commiserate with Bill Simmons and Ben Affleck.

No. The exact opposite actually. Plus the methodology in which ted wells and exponent conducted their experiments gas been debunked as shoddy ad well, worth them cherry picking between two different metters when it suited them

any link to this? I mean the math is pretty simple.

KyroLen

Neo Member

I can understand that point, the CBA they signed was just stupid on the NFLPA's part.

Still, it doesn't mean that the right thing happened here and it's just frustrating. Not just as a Patriot fan, but in the sense that under the current agreement anyone can be charged with anything and suspended based on little-to-no evidence.

This is why I can't help but laugh at the other fanbases treating this like a thing to celebrate over. It's not. This just means if someone one their team crosses the NFL or Goodell the wrong way, he can make up some stupid penalty against them and theres nothing that can be done to stop it. Even Bountygate was mostly crap.

Do you have proof of this corruption? Because if not, better keep your trap shut.

Fact is Wells Report was destroyed when held to scrutiny, there is no direct evidence of cheating, this whole thing was never about that anyway. But go ahead, support the unjustified decision and side with the uneducated morons of the world.
Is that a threat? Lol

He didn't cooperate with the company he works for. I'm sure he's not corrupt in the slightest tho. Derp

Cornbread78

You're better served just to ignore internet trolls that do not know all the facts and just want to get a rise out of the situation. Regardless of how many things have been proven wrong about the Well's report or "deflategate" as a whole, people don't care about the facts or care to get to know them.... This is sports man, it's how it goes

It's almost like saying that Joey Porter had any legitimate or intelligent comments about the Spygate.

Time to move along to the next controversy....

I agree that the NFL didn't prove that Tom cheated, but does anyone really think he didn't? Other teams had previously accused him of it and the fucking ball boy that Tom jokingly refered to as the "deflator" took the balls into the fucking bathroom in literally the only time he shouldnt be allowed to go pee. This is like 4 millionth on the list of reasons to boycott the NFL. The Pats got preferential treatment for spygate and have whooped on the other teams for years. When that happens, you have to expect the other side to come at you hard.

But when you come at the king, you best not miss and the other 31 owners are in for a shit storm of Patriots retribution.

Draxal

And then the players had a chance to get someone better to be in charge of the union but they decided to keep De Smith around. Goodell's power is their own fault.

I thought DMS actually tried, but the players just couldn't survive a protracted lockout because too many of them were broke. The # of players in the league and the shortness of their careers makes the NFL Players union way weaker than the other unions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom