• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently that European Half-Life 3 trademark filing was fake.

ampere

Sorry but anyone who believes Half Life 3 exists without having it installed on their PC and having it boot up and play is a bit gullible.

ifEHE2zdyaIDk.gif

The knife in my stomach.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In the unfathomable expanse of a quantum multiverse, one of infinite possibilities encompassing all potential realities, perhaps it is us, on this particular plane of existence, wrought with its own curious idiosyncrasies, who will be forever denied Half-Life 3. Multiversal laws and quantum constants allowing such a game to exist in countless shapes and forms, across equally immeasurable realities. Except one.

Squire

Banned
In the unfathomable expanse of a quantum multiverse, one of infinite possibilities encompassing all potential realities, perhaps it is us, on this particular plane of existence, wrought with its own curious idiosyncrasies, who will be forever denied Half-Life 3. Multiversal laws and quantum constants allowing such a game to exist in countless shapes and forms, across equally immeasurable realities. Except one.

I think you just explained the plot of BioShock: Infinite.

Elizabeth is Half-Life 3.

AkuMifune

Banned

Out there in one of the multiverses, a different but similar EatChildren is playing HL3 right now.

And his existence is much richer than our own.

Mondy

Banned
If anything, this could be a good sign. Obviously a mistake was made and the game was trademarked too early. This is Valve covering their tracks.

*reaching*

The only way I'll believe Half Life 3 is in development is if Newell drives the HL2 buggy into my house and screams surprise muddafuhka as he shoves the collectors edition into my mouth.

wizzbang

Banned
Many lols were shared all round, that's hilarious. As for HL3, just let it go, 40 people on the dev team? Cmon, nope.

JesseZao

So after Blizzard "leaks" and Valve "leaks" have been faked via this method, will people stop getting hyped over it?

Y
No

Syf

Banned
Not worried about it; as long as that list of developers working on HL3/L4D3 is real then it's still in development regardless of whether or not the trade mark was real.

HariKari

Valve saw the hype train around the trademark, realized people would be crushed when it was eventually exposed as a fake, so they made their Jira public (knowing people would attempt this again) so as to unofficially confirm HL3 is indeed in the oven.

I want to believe.

Sibylus

Banned
It wasn't fake in the sense that it wasn't real, it was just wasn't Valve that applied the trademark but another party of sneak fucks.

This has to take the cake for the ultimate HL3 troll, who goes this far?

In any case, it's interesting Valve didn't dismiss this at all...
This is what I'm wondering, why spend money on something so... dumb.

Sibylus

Banned
You sure? The JIRA listing always seemed like better source but I didn't see the site personally.
Saw it with my own eyes, it was there and in two groups (Half-Life 3 and Half-Life 3 Core). Counted how many devs were in the larger HL3 group and the larger L4D3 group, but didn't think to screencap all the pages before access went down.

Hey, guys, don't get down. Look at that website: at the top, we have the tabs "Home", "Forums", "Community", and "News". Let's look closer:

>>> HomeForumsCommunityNews
>>> HomeoumsCoNFirmemuntyws
>>> Homeoums***CoNFirme***muntyws

HALF LIFE 3 CoNFirme[d]!!!

More interested in the Making of.. then I am for the finished game at this point.

I hope its honest and tells us how many times the game has been restarted and the fun of 6+ years of development hell.

Top Bottom