• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Weird question, but I'm on my iPad mini and Apple Music isn't letting me sort albums under the artist view by date instead of name. If I go to Artists on my phone there's a "sort" button, but it doesn't exist on my iPad

That seems like a huge, huge oversight. Is there any way at all to list albums by date instead of name on an iPad?

Not that I have found. Admittedly I don't ever listen to music on my iPad, I just looked into it because of your post, but noting I tried resulted in being able to sort albums by date.

Moozo

Weird question, but I'm on my iPad mini and Apple Music isn't letting me sort albums under the artist view by date instead of name. If I go to Artists on my phone there's a "sort" button, but it doesn't exist on my iPad
Hadn't even realised you could do this on iPhone. Life changed.

Hey guys, I didn't want to start a whole new topic just to ask one question, so I figured someone in here might know. My iPhone says that I have 3.9GB of storage left, whereas my iTunes says that my phone has 5.14GB of storage left. Has anyone had this issue before, and is there a way to make it so that they both say the same thing?

Zuly

I've tried searching on Reddit and Google, and have yet to find a solution to this problem. The text on the program is fine but when loading the iTunes Store or the Apple Music pages, the text is blurry and barely readable. I've tried the DPI options trick in Properties but that hasn't fixed the issue.

Any ideas?

I've tried searching on Reddit and Google, and have yet to find a solution to this problem. The text on the program is fine but when loading the iTunes Store or the Apple Music pages, the text is blurry and barely readable. I've tried the DPI options trick in Properties but that hasn't fixed the issue.

Any ideas?

You're on Windows, yes?

Ashhong

Any ideas?

I've had this issue and I think I talked about it in here. It is 100% the DPI options, but it's not in properties. It's the Windows wide setting for your Display. If it's not set to 100% it becomes blurry and shitty. You need to change it back in Control Panel, but it will make the rest of the stuff on your screen smaller.

Zuly

I've had this issue and I think I talked about it in here. It is 100% the DPI options, but it's not in properties. It's the Windows wide setting for your Display. If it's not set to 100% it becomes blurry and shitty. You need to change it back in Control Panel, but it will make the rest of the stuff on your screen smaller.

I have it set to 100%, unless you mean something else.

41ZqwGr.png

Zuly

Hmmmmmmm that seems right....it's definitely related to that, but don't know why it's not fixed for you. You also checked the setting in the properties correct? Maybe try the stuff mentioned here

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-fuzzy-windows-10-fonts-high-resolution-displays/

I downloaded it and tried both fixes. Neither worked. From what I was told somewhere else is that it's possible that the last Windows release that covered issues with high DPI settings didn't cover the Store pages. I guess I'll just put up with it for a little while longer and hope they fix the store issue.

I downloaded it and tried both fixes. Neither worked. From what I was told somewhere else is that it's possible that the last Windows release that covered issues with high DPI settings didn't cover the Store pages. I guess I'll just put up with it for a little while longer and hope they fix the store issue.

I did read that the newest version of iTunes had some DPI issues

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So now that I'm finally on a carrier that offers unlimited data I decided to sign up for the three-month trial of Apple Music.

Can someone give me the lowdown on what exactly "iCloud Music Library" entails? Everything I'm reading on it makes it sound like something I'm not particularly interested in as I have no problem with just leaving my music on my Mac and iPhone respectively for playback plus I feel like that'll eat up more data on my phone than necessary as it'll keep pulling music from the internet instead of on the phone itself. (I save $10 if I use less than 2GB of data a month from T-Mobile.)

Ashhong

So now that I'm finally on a carrier that offers unlimited data I decided to sign up for the three-month trial of Apple Music.

Can someone give me the lowdown on what exactly "iCloud Music Library" entails? Everything I'm reading on it makes it sound like something I'm not particularly interested in as I have no problem with just leaving my music on my Mac and iPhone respectively for playback plus I feel like that'll eat up more data on my phone than necessary as it'll keep pulling music from the internet instead of on the phone itself. (I save $10 if I use less than 2GB of data a month from T-Mobile.)

It's just your music library, but saved into the cloud. It enables you to see the same library across any device that you enabled it for.

If you have physical files already on your phone they will remain there. You can also download any Apple Music tracks so that it doesn't use your data.

If you don't enable it, I don't think that you can add tracks to your library. You can only search and play at that moment

Number45

So I decided to try out Spotify Premium for a month (they have a family plan now) and they've managed to work thumbs up/down into control centre. Fucking mind boggling that Apple's own app can't do this.

What happens if I add an Apple-made playlist to my library? I remember when Apple Music first launched, doing this literally added each song to my iTunes library, which was totally stupid if I didn't have any of the artists in the playlist already in my library. Suddenly I've got 30 new artists in my library each with one song. I don't want that.

Is it still the same? What I want to happen is, I click the Add button and it just adds the playlist to my list of playlists, but doesn't add any of it to my actual library. For instance, I want easy quick access to "The A-List: Rock" but I don't want it all added to my library. And if it's updated every week, will more and more artists just keep being added to my library?

I can't even test it easily because I don't want to click that Add button and find out that they were all added - then I gotta go through my library and delete them all one at a time.

DOWN

Banned
What happens if I add an Apple-made playlist to my library? I remember when Apple Music first launch, doing this literally added each song to my iTunes library, which was totally stupid if I didn't have any of the artists in the playlist already in my library. Suddenly I've got 30 new artists in my library each with one song. I don't want that.

Is it still the same? What I want to happen is, I click the Add button and it just adds the playlist to my list of playlists, but doesn't add any of it to my actual library. For instance, I want easy quick access to "The A-List: Rock" but I don't want it all added to my library. And if it's updated every week, will more and more artists just keep being added to my library?

I can't even test it easily because I don't want to click that Add button and find out that they were all added - then I gotta go through my library and delete them all one at a time.
In my experience, clicking add only adds the playlist to your Playlists tab. It has not been adding any of the individual songs to my library.

What happens if I add an Apple-made playlist to my library? I remember when Apple Music first launched, doing this literally added each song to my iTunes library, which was totally stupid if I didn't have any of the artists in the playlist already in my library. Suddenly I've got 30 new artists in my library each with one song. I don't want that.

In my experience, clicking add only adds the playlist to your Playlists tab. It has not been adding any of the individual songs to my library.

Same, but I should note that I have "Add Playlist Songs to Library" turned off

cakefoo

After I create a radio station from an artist/song, how do I get to that station again? Just "Recently Played?" I'm wanting something more permanent, like Pandora.

After I create a radio station from an artist/song, how do I get to that station again? Just "Recently Played?" I'm wanting something more permanent, like Pandora.

Yeah, recently played under the "radio" tab. It holds a LOT of stuff, but there's no way to pin stations as of yet

Phreaker

Are you browsing downloaded music only and not every song in the playlists is in your phone?

Oh, I see this on iTunes on my MPB. The playlists on my phone seem fine, but I can't seem to edit them. I just get the spinner in the top right after removing a song and selecting Done.

Edit: It's back to normal today, not sure what was going on yesterday. whew

Ashhong

YESSSSSSSSS

But how will it determine your "Favorites"? Anybody you follow? I can work with that.

Anybody else dislike how they organize the "Playlist" now? They put the Apple Music playlists first, above your own. Before it was Smart Playlist first and then normal playlists, and the AM playlists would be mixed in with the normal ones. Now I have to scroll past AM ones to get to my smart :/

Seriously. And an iTunes replacement. These two are holding me back from switching back.

They took a good step with having profiles that have playlists on it that people can follow and subscribe to. And when someone is with you there’s a collaborative queue that multiple people can contribute to. So the pieces are right there

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Nah I meant on OS10. I share my playlist with the gf, I'll have her remove a song from it and see what happens.
Yes you can share a playlist but they can't edit it. They can add it to a new playlist and edit that. What is nice now though is then when you edit the shared playlist the edits will show up for them also.

borghe

So I've added people in here, and people who follow them (or are being followed).. the surfacing from Friends is pretty decent. I don't think anyone has created new playlists so I'm curious to see how that surfaces.

One disappointment is Apple STILL hasn't fixed (at least completely) pre-order albums turning on on release date. So I added Imagine Dragons a few weeks ago. Today, most of the songs are still grayed out if I access it from my library.. but if I access it from the New Music section, all the songs are fine and the album shows as in my library.

One disappointment is Apple STILL hasn't fixed (at least completely) pre-order albums turning on on release date. So I added Imagine Dragons a few weeks ago. Today, most of the songs are still grayed out if I access it from my library.. but if I access it from the New Music section, all the songs are fine and the album shows as in my library.

Yeah, this continues to piss me off. Been like this from Day 1.

Tomodachi

Apple Music on the latest iTunes (macOS Sierra): just wondering if anyone can replicate this weird bug, couldn't find anything online. Basically you just need to go to a playlist you created, then search for something (anything really) in the search box on the upper right, look around the Apple Music section, then go back to your playlist, which will be void for some reason.
I'll just upload a video on youtube to show it to you, it's easier this way: https://youtu.be/Llh-X3SA0xw
When I quit iTunes and then open it again the tracks are all there, there's no real loss of tracks or music.
It also happened once with the whole library, when I went searching on Apple Music while I was on the main library page, so it's not limited to playlists.

To be honest I'm sick of this bugs, I just went with the 3 months for 10€ on Spotify summer offer, I'll check back Apple Music on September on the new iOS and maybe High Sierra.

borghe

Do not have it (on the beta).

Heavy rotation I thought has been there since 10.something. It's not a playlist but just an algorithm of your most recently played crossed with your most frequently played as an album listing.

DOWN

Banned
Do not have it (on the beta).

Heavy rotation I thought has been there since 10.something. It's not a playlist but just an algorithm of your most recently played crossed with your most frequently played as an album listing.
The My Favorites Mix has been around since iOS 10 next to the New Music Mix

Top Bottom