• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple releases iOS 10.3, macOS 10.12.4, watchOS 3.2, tvOS 10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Swine

Banned
Nice, got roughly 5GB extra space on my 256GB Iphone 7 plus. Also is it me or do webpages load faster now? Dunno if iOS feels any snappier than before

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Installin on my 6+, will do my s0 watch soon. Excited to finally have true siri support on the watch.

Vuze

Watch successfully updated as well. Theater Mode <3
Anyway, I can't seem to find that review Switch? Isn't it supposed to be under iTunes & AppStore? Perhaps a regional thing (Germany here).

caramac

Updated my late 2012 mac mini and not seeing nighshift in the display preferences. Is it not supported?

Probably not, I'm in the same boat with my 2011 iMac

http://www.macworld.com/article/318...macos-sierra-10124s-night-shift-settings.html

YoPIaK1.png

edit, according to that it should.

Ristlager

When I upgraded to the beta 10.3, the battery drain was insane. Lasting only a couple of hours, but after a couple of days, maybe three four, it went back to normal/slightly better.

NekoFever

You can see a list of 32-bit apps that will probably be unsupported as of iOS 11 (Settings -> General -> About -> Applications) and all mine are games. Most really old stuff but there's some stuff I'd be sad to lose like Canabalt and XCOM. Hopefully it lights a fire under developers to get updates out.

Shows the state of software support in the games industry when other apps can manage.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
You can see a list of 32-bit apps that will probably be unsupported as of iOS 11 (Settings -> General -> About -> Applications) and all mine are games. Most really old stuff but there's some stuff I'd be sad to lose like Canabalt and XCOM. Hopefully it lights a fire under developers to get updates out.

Shows the state of software support in the games industry when other apps can manage.

RIP Tris.

NekoFever

Should be under iTunes in settings

Edit: well it WAS there. Could have sworn it was in a prior beta

It was. Probably removed from the public release until they start enforcing the rule against homemade review prompts. It's only going to confuse people if they turn them off and then still keep getting them.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

So 32 bit apps are still working with 10.3?

We are updating some of our legacy games to 64 bit currently but will be a couple more weeks before the main ones are across.

So 32 bit apps are still working with 10.3?

We are updating some of our legacy games to 64 bit currently but will be a couple more weeks before the main ones are across.

32 bit still work with 10.3, likely won't with iOS 11 or an 11.x release

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
By the time iOS 11 comes out, I plan on being on a new phone.

I don't even know if any of my apps are still 32-bit though. I bet they're all 64-bit. How can you even check? It's not like macOS where you can check the Activity Monitor or System Information. (FWIW: All my currently running apps on macOS are 64-bit. I think the only one I use regularly that isn't is still PhotoShop CS3, which is still running strong even after countless updates and an initial binary slimming and useless app bundle removal. I can't kill it if I try.)

Fliesen

Theater mode on WatchOS 3 and Night Shift on MacOS are sweet.

Did the Settings app on iOS always have my "account" on top, which combines my contact card, AppleID, payment and account security settings?

feels new to me.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Did the Settings app on iOS always have my "account" on top, which combines my contact card, AppleID, payment and account security settings?

feels new to me.
Account is new. It's a nice addition. Not sure if it's new in 10.3 or was in 10.0 or another update. But I've had it for a while on my betas.

giga

Most impressive (read: completely seamless and transparent) file system upgrade I've ever seen. From a FS that's 20 years old, to one that was previewed less than a year ago and is now being deployed to hundreds of millions of devices at once. Kudos to the file systems team.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Settings -> General -> About -> Applications
You know what. All my apps are listed as 32-bit. But I'm only on a 5C so it probably only downloaded the 32-bit version anyway. So I guess I won't be able to actually tell which apps I have are only available in 32-bit until I actually get a 64-bit phone.

Haha

I would hope most of them if not all of them are already available in 64-bit seeing as it's been available for years and I only really have well known mainstream apps that, if they aren't updated yet, probably will be when 11 forces them to. I'm just unsure about the two DQ games I have but I thought I heard they were already 64-bit anyway. Not that I really play games at all on my phone. (Just Tiny Tower once or twice a day.)

mf.luder

Someone who's updated can you tell me the build number?

Mine doesn't seem to be fetching yet. Maybe I'm already updated.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a question about 2step... is there a super emergency recovery code like Steam has? It didn't look like there was anything I need to write down.

samn

iPhone 7 seems noticeably smoother when swiping in the home screen, especially when swiping to view widgets.

Number45

Don't know if it's placebo after people have mentioned it, but my 6S+ definitely feels nice and smooth since the update.

Also liking NightShift on my MBA. Never bothered with f.lux.

Installing the new MacOS update on my work Mac and will update my laptop later on. Does anyone know if this fixes the annoying bug when you try to change languages, it just stays on the last language you used?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly still can't believe there is not a split keyboard option in landscape mode on the plus models..

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Anyone experience in OSX the battery% indicator not updating until you de-select and then re-select "Show Percentage"? I'd been using my laptop for a couple hours and thought "oh sweet my battery's not acting like ass anymore" since it was still at 94%, then I remembered this had happened before, so I turned the indicator off and back on and it read 70%. This is the first time it's happened in a while. Don't know if updating OSX this morning has anything to do with it or just a coincidence.

Anion

Make sure you all have a backup. I already had a customer come in today who had lost all her pictures cause she wanted to update to 10.3 and didn't make a backup beforehand...

Miyahon

Updated my Apple TV and now it's won't show anything on the TV except it has a blinking light now.

Saw I may need to restore it now but now I would have to re-download all my apps and enter all of the passwords to set them up again.

First time this has ever happened to me when updating an Apple device.

Make sure you all have a backup. I already had a customer come in today who had lost all her pictures cause she wanted to update to 10.3 and didn't make a backup beforehand...

Backups are good in general, not just before an update. People who don't have them were going to lose their stuff, it just depends on when

Safari really does feel snappier. What is this magic?

iOS 10.3 and macOS Sierra 10.12.4 are out! They’re huge Safari releases for web developers. They have CSS Grid, Fetch, ES2016 and 2017…

…IndexedDB 2.0, Custom Elements, Pointer Lock, Gamepad API support, Interactive Form Validation, Input Events, <a download>…

…Improved Fixed and Sticky Element Positioning, CSS Wide Color, the prefers-reduced-motion media query, and more!

https://twitter.com/rmondello/status/846408103117541376

big update to Safari in this release.

hirokazu

I tried to update my iPhone 6 Plus, it stayed on "Verifying update..." for a long time before saying "An error occurred while installing iOS 10.3." The phone was quite hot. Restarted the phone and tried downloading and installing again. Currently stuck on "Verifying update..." again and the phone is quite warm again. Hopefully it goes through this time.

EDIT: Failed again. Trying to install from iTunes now.

I tried to update my iPhone 6 Plus, it stayed on "Verifying update..." for a long time before saying "An error occurred while installing iOS 10.3." The phone was quite hot. Restarted the phone and tried downloading and installing again. Currently stuck on "Verifying update..." again and the phone is quite warm again. Hopefully it goes through this time.

Worst case scenario you update through a computer instead of over the air

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Was the same for me (getting the error notice), but I hit install again after that and it went through fine.
My iPad and roommate's iPhone also both the did the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom