• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple releases iOS 10.3, macOS 10.12.4, watchOS 3.2, tvOS 10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirokazu

All I ask is that they eventually allow you to delete cached storage stuff from third party apps without having to delete the whole thing. I have a 64 GB and am constantly battling my storage capacity.

It would also be fantastic if you could delete all media from text messages. Having to do it manually per conversation is so stupid.
I really like that some apps have options to do that within the app. Apple definitely should make it system-wide though. My Documents and whatever size is always going up.

gamma

After tvOS 10.2 the LED on the front of the Apple TV doesn't turn of in stand-by mode anymore. Anyone else have that problem?

Yeah since the TV isn't getting a signal anymore.

Thank you

Edit: Just tested it and it only happens when it's set to control the TV too. If I turn that off the LED turns off in stand-by. And if the setting is on but I block the IR blaster on the remote the LED also turns off.

My light turns off, I have it set to control the TV but HDMI-CEC is turned off on my TV so it's not even doing anything

Jubern

Oh man I hope Square-Enix updates FFT:WotL 😭

Considering how long it took them to fix TWEWY, they might update it by the time iOS 12 drops.

I hope they pay attention to it though, it's one of the best mobile ports out there and the work they did on the new sprites is excellent. Worst case scenario they'll remove it from the store like they did with Chaos Rings. :(

Same.

It's insane to think the best version of the game and overall one of the best ports of their classic catalog is only available on iOS and Android, with the former's compatibility likely to end by this autumn.

Red

10.3 took nearly two hours to install on my 7 plus. I thought my phone was done for.

It feels like a good update though. I had a lot of Safari crashes on 10.2, usually when activating the 3D Touch cursor. None since the update. Hope they stay home.

LordOfChaos

10.3 took nearly two hours to install on my 7 plus. I thought my phone was done for.

It feels like a good update though. I had a lot of Safari crashes on 10.2, usually when activating the 3D Touch cursor. None since the update. Hope they stay home.

It is transplanting a whole new file system after all, though most home users probably won't know that and will wonder the same thing. They don't even have the biggest feature in the patch notes :p

My 6S didn't take nearly as long though, I'm guessing larger storage tier?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I hope they make it so if I either:

A) have a photo in my library and I send it to someone via text message, it just places the photo in the message as a hard link to the original. But if I delete the photo from my library, it smartly just moves the original into the messages database to replace the link.

B) If someone sends me a photo and I save it to my library it will move the photo into the library and replace it in the messages database as a link.

Basically make it smart enough to never have that same image file in multiple places. And by always preferring to keep the original in the library when it's in both places, it'll make the messages database much smaller.

This is pretty much how APFS works, individual files exist only as one copy and it's physical storage location is then referenced by whatever apps or services are using it. Moving a file in an app or to another app simply moves the reference around not the file itself. Actual data changes to said files are stored separately but there's no actual file duplication going on that normally takes up lots of space on disk.

This is also why the act of copying things now on iOS appear so much faster than before.

Link

The Autumn Wind
After two days, three restores, and one day-long wait while everything reinstalled and downloaded, I think I've got everything all square again. What a goddamn hassle. Still keeping my previous iCloud backup just in case I find anything else screwed up.

Matty8787

Still can't use he Halifax Banking App in the U.K. Damn thing gets me to the verification screen and doesn't allow me to press a button.

Juice

Anyone noticing that spotlight is snappy and accurate again for the first time in several years?

I want to thank apfs for this

Zalasta

For the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing slow down in the refresh rate of the iMessage location sharing, which used to take just a few seconds after bringing the screen up, but it has been increased to more than half a minute, and it wouldn't respond to manual refresh. Thank goodness this OS updated fixed it.

Red

It is transplanting a whole new file system after all, though most home users probably won't know that and will wonder the same thing. They don't even have the biggest feature in the patch notes :p

My 6S didn't take nearly as long though, I'm guessing larger storage tier?
256GB. Though I have 160GB free post-update. Don't know how much was in use prior to that.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I went from 34GB to 40GB free after updating (and restoring a few times). Can't complain about that.

Anyone noticing that spotlight is snappy and accurate again for the first time in several years?

I want to thank apfs for this

Holy shit. I didn't even bother to check spotlight since it's been a buggy piece of shit I cut it out of my flow a long time ago.

TEJ

My iphone 7 plus's battery seems to be draining much faster after this update. Anyone else have a similar problem?

My iphone 7 plus's battery seems to be draining much faster after this update. Anyone else have a similar problem?

On 7 here, no changes I can notice. It still holds much better than my Xperia M5, which had 2600mAh battery throughout day and I usually end up with 20-30% charge at evening.

PillarEN

iPhone updated. Now I can no longer listen to YouTube on Safari with the screen off. Forces music app instead of what I was listening to when I press play on the lock screen.

Boooooooo. Terrible.

Edit: lol. Forces this on Firefox too. Fuck off. Just because I'm listening to something in a browser doesn't mean I want to watch it. Stop forcing it off and making the music app take over.

EDIT 2: Found a fix. Had to wipe safari. Cookies and history in the settings. Now it works again. Strange though that that would be necessary after an update. But I'm happy a solution was found because turning the phone off did not fix it.

hirokazu

iPhone updated. Now I can no longer listen to YouTube on Safari with the screen off. Forces music app instead of what I was listening to when I press play on the lock screen.

Boooooooo. Terrible.

Edit: lol. Forces this on Firefox too. Fuck off. Just because I'm listening to something in a browser doesn't mean I want to watch it. Stop forcing it off and making the music app take over.

EDIT 2: Found a fix. Had to wipe safari. Cookies and history in the settings. Now it works again. Strange though that that would be necessary after an update. But I'm happy a solution was found because turning the phone off did not fix it.
Personally, I've always been annoyed that YouTube or any other web video takes over the Now Playing after I've finished watching a video and want to return to my music, haha.

Would be good if it stayed on the web video if it's actually still playing and return to my previous source if the video has finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom