• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Vision Pro VR will start at $3499.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So what's most important to me right now with VR headsets is the Field of View. That's one of the most immersion-breaking aspects of the tech still today.

Here's a FOV chart that seems to compare different gadgets and also our eyes' ability. I don't know how accurate it is, but for sake of argument I'll use it.

blh9s4qgwcq21.png

The Vision Pro's FOV is rumoured to be 100 °. I have done a completely non-measured and non-scientific approximation of what you'll see compared to what you CAN see.

ocDWXMB.png

And it's disappointing. The technology is getting better and it's cool to see how far it has come since the days of Palmer Lucky. But I have a hard time taking Apple's Vision Pro reels seriously.

But I guess it'll be excellent for city horse simulators:

close-up-of-horses-with-blinders-917797178-5c3a385c46e0fb0001745887.jpg
Where does PSVR2 line up in all this?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
When converted, Apple VR is about $5000 CDN. lol.

And people wonder why so many in the world are broke with giant credit card bills. When you got Apple fans who will buy anything from high priced PCs to $1000 metal stands, nothing makes Apple and CC companies happier.
Or maybe I consider the price of an AVP how you consider the price of a stick of gum.

I bought one too. Getting it day 1.

I’ve tried almost all of the VR units, excluding pimax (for obvious reasons) and my latest is bigscreen beyond which could be my fav simply b/c of form factor and OLED.

I really want to see what apple delivers with this. I love VR but no one has been successful in getting this off the ground so if apple can’t, forget it. Yes it’s expensive but get this.…..already sold out already so who knows - I’m excited to try it. Will report back. Two things I am focused on with it….

1) Visuals - a lot of these people being blown away by the visual are VR newbies. They think quest is some type of qualification. I’ve seen them all - if I’m blown away, I will let you know.

2) Comfort - weight and that strap. We’ll see….

How was it? I just wondered if it’s actually better than PSVR2, or it’s about the same level of image quality. I would hope it was somehow more shockingly real at the price.

Minsc

Gold Member
Where does PSVR2 line up in all this?

PSVR2 and Quest 3 are both right around 110, and so is the Index, dunno why it's listed so high in that image, it must be really old.

AVP is like 90 FOV I believe?

How was it? I just wondered if it’s actually better than PSVR2, or it’s about the same level of image quality. I would hope it was somehow more shockingly real at the price.

PSVR2 is actually poor image quality. Quest 3 is better than it. And AVP is heads and shoulders above Quest 3. Which puts it like in a different game entirely compared to a PSVR2, might as well be compared like a PS2 to a PS5.

Last edited:

Trilobit

PSVR2 and Quest 3 are both right around 110, and so is the Index, dunno why it's listed so high in that image, it must be really old.

AVP is like 90 FOV I believe?

There are no official numbers on the AVP, but most descriptions from testers have been around 100°. Yeah, I think the chart is quite old, but the only one I found that easily showed differences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom