• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Vision Pro VR will start at $3499.

Fx4YxBdWcAIyUXl

Fx4YwVIaMAIT9B7

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Cheaper than some of Mac computers and cheaper than high end gaming pc...
but this is just a vr gadget that will not do 90% of the things they have shown as well. it was all bullshots.
Nuts to introduce product this expensive in the inflation ridden, poor world of today.

But 100000% it will be sold out

Comandr

I think this is an impressive first generation product, but it still feels like a solution looking for a problem. Being a completely new platform with a long road ahead of it to prove and establish itself, I think Vision Pro is a fascinating concept. This is clearly a product for a very specific demographic, certainly not the everyman. Wake me up in 8 years when the third generation is announced or Apple finally shows off their AR vision glasses.

ZoukGalaxy

$3499

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

(pay attention to the "start at")

And people said the PSVR2 was expensive ! And you'll find fanboy telling 3500$ is a OK price because this and this and because it's Apple.
And look, there is a WIRE, nobody is making a drama thread yet like for the PSVR2 ?

*EDIT*: See 😹😹😹
With all of the hardware, software, and R&D that went into this, it makes every other headset look like a toy. It's totally understandable that it'd be priced at $3500.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
The product truly looks amazing. It looks like something that we'd see coming out 10 years from now, not today.

With all of the hardware, software, and R&D that went into this, it makes every other headset look like a toy. It's totally understandable that it'd be priced at $3500.

With that said, I just don't know what is going to push consumers to feel like they NEED something like this. As cool as it looks, I think everyone's perfectly content using their normal TVs, laptops, and phones.

As others have said, it feels like a solution looking for a problem.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have no idea what the prospects are of selling a $3500 AR headset is (I honestly thought they would go <$2000 but maybe its not possible). But I will say that setting it up in the ubiquitous and insanely popular Apple stores is the best way I have seen yet of showing off this tech. There is an eternal catch-22 with VR, since the beginning, where you need to see and use the tech to understand its appeal and few people are going to go out of their way to do so.

MrMephistoX

The gaming applications seem limited to couch on a big screen in 3D not true VR? At $3400 it’s clearly targeted at Apple fans, early adopters and enterprise not mass market gaming. I guess it’s between a Quest 3 and PSVR2 for me or whenever Valve goes wireless when it comes to true VR games.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
This will becomes good when it has good apps
Just like a phone is useless without all the apps on the store

dem

They're building their AR/VR development foundation. It started years ago with the AR crap. Eventually... after a few years... you will realize Apple owns the entire space. Everything will just work as it should.
Nothing out there will be comparable. If will fit your life like a glove.

Just my prediction.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I have no idea what the prospects are of selling a $3500 AR headset is (I honestly thought they would go <$2000 but maybe its not possible). But I will say that setting it up in the ubiquitous and insanely popular Apple stores is the best way I have seen yet of showing off this tech. There is an eternal catch-22 with VR, since the beginning, where you need to see and use the tech to understand its appeal and few people are going to go out of their way to do so.
How does that work in terms of the clean cut look of the store? I’m not shoving my head somewhere where 1000 other people have shoved their greasy head inside in that day alone.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

$3499

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

And people said the PSVR2 was expensive ! And you'll find fanboy telling it's an ok price.

*EDIT*: See 😹😹😹

I don't even care for Apple one way or the other but you're burying your head in the sand if you can't see that this product is in a whole different stratosphere than PSVR 2. It's not even really the same product category.

It's got it's own extremely high end processor, it's own fully fledged OS, an external curved OLED display, greater-than-4k internal displays for each eye, etc.. etc.. etc..

They've thought of literally everything.

Last edited:

marjo

I don't even care for Apple one way or the other but you're burying your head in the sand if you can't see that this product is in a whole different stratosphere than PSVR 2. It's not even really the same product category.

It's got it's own extremely high end processor, it's own fully fledged OS, an external curved OLED display, greater-than-4k internal displays for each eye, etc.. etc.. etc..

They've thought of literally everything.

As someone who's been into VR for a number of years, these seem like evolutionarily improvements at best versus something like a Quest 3. Absolutely not 'a new product category', and not at all worth the exorbitant price IMO.

mortal

Gold Member
Some of the tech that was showcased was pretty cool.

I understand the psychological significance of viewing another person's eyes during communication, but that eye window feature just looks... unsettling.
For me, it does the literal opposite of its intended purpose lol.

I'd imagine it's kind of uncanny to observe IRL. Plus it just makes the device that much more expensive. I could do without it tbh.

Battery life is a joke, obviously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom