• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April PS+ Lineup: Drawn to Death, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, More

It's time to retire the PS3 from this service. It makes sense on XB1 cause of BC, but at this point, they aren't even trying. Add 1 more PS4 game and cut the 2 PS3 games and no one would complain.

Then, later this year, cut the Vita games as well, cause they aren't even trying on that side anymore. Remember when we got retail Vita games on this service 3 years ago?

Well the last one was in October, not exactly 3 years ago. People have really short memories when it comes to PS+ though. If the immediate month isn't good, the service has always been bad.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
After seeing this lineup, I regret any feelings of anticipation I experienced for this month's games.

Ridley327

It's time to retire the PS3 from this service. It makes sense on XB1 cause of BC, but at this point, they aren't even trying. Add 1 more PS4 game and cut the 2 PS3 games and no one would complain.

Then, later this year, cut the Vita games as well, cause they aren't even trying on that side anymore. Remember when we got retail Vita games on this service 3 years ago?

The problem was that Sony burned through almost all of the entire first party lineup, and given the kinds of games that came to the Vita in recent years, I can't imagine that a PS+ offering would have done any of them much good for their publishers. They went in way too hard on PS+ for Vita initially, which led us to this situation.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Not a good month for me, but I have so much else to play that I'm not even mad.

Alien Rage is good, dumb fun if anyone doesn't have it already. I can't speak for the PS3 version, but I played it on PC and enjoyed it.

NewDust

First time I've ever said this, as I'm normally quite happy with PS+, but this is a weak-ass month. Definitely the worst PS3 month ever I think.

But I will give DtD a shot, now that it has lost it F2P hooks.

Funnily enough, this is the first month since... Forever that I didn't already own a game on offer.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime was an Xbox Games with Gold offering in February. That's only one month between the two platforms offering the same game. Is that the shortest window we've seen yet for duplication of a game between these services?

Drawn to Death is a perfect PS+ game imo. Without PS+ it would have died very quickly, now it can have an instant massive userbase.

tie0uoy5.gif

Game was average at best. Unless it's been radically changed, don't expect much.

netguy503

Still interesting they only include the PS4 lineup in the video. :(

BTW, is the get PlayStation plus get 3 free months still going? Amazon is giving away 1 year codes for $47 right now and I want to stack if possible. Thanks.

Kamaros

Neo Member
Well, not a good lineup for me, still busy playing BotW anyway.
Still waiting for that MGS collection on vita :(

Since I have an Xbox this month is kinda meh for me.

Lovers was free on Xbox last month, and 10 second Ninja was in a Curve bundle that was 10 games for $20 so I own it there.

Drawn to Death doesn't really interest me much, but st least I am vaguely interested in trying Curses N Chaos

Nothing for me this month, unless there's a hidden gem in the Vita/PS3 selection. Based on the footage I looked at, I doubt it. Bring on May!

Griss

PS+ is currently on sale in EU, I believe. 1 month for 99c.

Says something that I wouldn't sub for the 99c for these games. (Also says something that I've let my sub elapse for the first time in about 5 years.)

joe2187

Banned
Oh, it's that Ghouls and Ghosts type of game.
Cool, love hard platformers.

Not a Ghols and Ghosts

It's more of an Arena brawler. You're thrown into a single screen where you fight hordes of enemies in waves for a high score.

You got some basic beat-em-up moves with alot of mobility, so you gotta be precise and you gotta be fast.

If you dont beat the enemies within the time limit the grim reaper will come down and chase you and take a life from you. Enemies drop health, power ups and weapons to help when you defeat them. You'll face the level boss after 10 waves.

The key is learning enemy patterns.

RiggyRob

Is Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time any good single player or do you need two or more to get through it?

It's nowhere near as fun alone, and it's a lot more fiddly to keep directing the AI partner to where you want it to go.

Best experienced with 4 players I would say!

Button

Banned
What the actual fuck? Drawn to Death might be the ugliest game I've ever seen. PS+ will never be good again.

Type40

They would have to give me money to put Drawn to Death on my account. Jaffe hasn't made a decent game since God of War 2, that was 10 years ago.

Twisted metal was fantastic and designed quite well.

Drawn to Death may actually be one I'd play over most of the plus indie stuff that just isn't good at all.

The impressions from the tests it has run haven't been great. Not overwhelmingly negative or anything like that, but just no real enthusiasm.

The mechanics are really neat and deep, but the gamefeel isn't really there. Animations and such feel a bit low budget. Art style is also hit or miss depending on who you are.

I completely forgot there was a test! I was wondering where all these opinions I've been seeing came from. That makes more sense!

That's a bummer. Love the art style.

Footos22

At this point nearly 4 years in I think its time to drop PS3 support.

PS4 stuff looks decent. The rest, just what's the point. Put that money into the PS4 offerings.

Top Bottom