• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

The two network shows shouldnt be A and B. "Obviously, right"

Heel/Heel Face/Face is not the end of the world. If I dont like you, I dont like you.

Up the ante for #1 contenderships. Expand on the best in the world angle, but on a smaller scale with other wrasslers.

Oh, I would gladly watch 2 guys fight on a network show then pay to watch them fight at a PPV with a decent stipulation.

Why have tag team match air time with non-traditional tag teams. WHY DO THAT TO MY EYES.

Kyoufu

That's a failure of the writers and the agents (but mostly just Vince/idiot daughter/doofus son in law). I'd much rather see the people responsible suffer than dudes with the best intentions doing their jobs as well as can be expected being punished for something they have no control over.

Is it though?

JTG looks like a generic CAW with no personality/gimmick. How do they expect to get time on TV when they're generic like that? Do they not understand that doing a hip toss isn't all they need to do to entertain in this business?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it though?

JTG looks like a generic CAW with no personality/gimmick. How do they expect to get time on TV when they're generic like that? Do they not understand that doing a hip toss isn't all they need to do to entertain in this business?

It's still a....crime
That Cryme Tyme never held the belts.

People who need to get released from WWE soon:
Alex Riley (Hasn't improved at all since coming up, dump him.)
JTG (Hasn't done shit since his feud with Shad, which was 2 years ago. Not even a great wrestler.)
Zack Ryder (He's a geek, and isn't good in the ring.)
I have four statements to make to these guys being cut:

tumblr_lwbgqa4G4Y1r2sdkf.gif

Why have tag team match air time with non-traditional tag teams. WHY DO THAT TO MY EYES.

because they forgot how to build up proper tag teams it seems. last time they had a good stab at it was in the days of the Hardy reunion, MNM, Taylor and Regal, London and Kendrick, and all them lot.

since then... the closest we've got to a tag rejuvination was Air Boom getting really over before Bourne screwed all that up. i don't ever expect to get back to the glory days of 2000/2001, but i think we can get back to circa 2006 where such a thing as a four way ladder match between four established teams was a thing that happened, and was pretty awesome, Mercury getting his face destroyed aside.

Hornswoggle needs to go. I don't care about him or if he has money or is employed at all.

we'll get a few months off when he makes leprechaun. maybe we should do everything we can to make it a hit so that they keep churning out sequels and it keeps him off air.

i'm not looking forwards to the inevitable focus he gets when it's coming out though.

Is it though?

He only has a shit personality because Vince is a racist and thought "crafty wisecrackin' criminals" was a clever idea.
His strap match with Shad was pretty entertaining, but they never gave him a chance to do anything else after dropping all of that dead weight.

He only has a shit personality because Vince is a racist and thought "crafty wisecrackin' criminals" was a clever idea.
His strap match with Shad was pretty entertaining, but they never gave him a chance to do anything else after dropping all of that dead weight.

i don't know, people do manage to get over with the shit they're given pretty often. sometimes the people that do best are the ones that embrace it and run with it. Edge did that numerous times with stuff that looked horrendous on paper. King Booker, was that Huffman's idea or creative?

someone with charisma is probably going to get over whatever.

Cody Rhodes makes whatever crap they give him work. etc.

what would you have JTG do? what personality would you give him? racist as it was, the Cryme Tyme gimmick *was* over. without it he's floundering. why is that?

i don't know, people do manage to get over with the shit they're given pretty often. sometimes the people that do best are the ones that embrace it and run with it. Edge did that numerous times with stuff that looked horrendous on paper. King Booker, was that Huffman's idea or creative?

someone with charisma is probably going to get over whatever.

Cody Rhodes makes whatever crap they give him work. etc.

what would you have JTG do? what personality would you give him? racist as it was, the Cryme Tyme gimmick *was* over. without it he's floundering. why is that?

King Booker was the first time he had any creative control over his character since coming to WWE... and it was phenomenal.
Post-brood Edge either had the tag division or good storylines to keep him over. Cody has had great gimmicks to keep him over since he first started doing the Dashing thing.

JTG was treated like the loser of the feud with Shad, even though he won the blow off match. Ever since he hasn't been given so much as a picture in picture promo.

Jinder had the misfortune of coming into the company attached to a Khali storyline, which he lost because someone thought they needed an Indian storyline to hook the India audience. Austin/Rock/Foley/anyone wouldn't even be able to make that work.

And those are just two guys still in the company. Do you think Cabana and Low Ki were also at fault for "not having character"?

King Booker was the first time he had any creative control over his character since coming to WWE... and it was phenomenal.
it was phenomenal in execution, but on paper i still think it sounds stupid. since it's Huffman's idea that's besides the point i guess.

Post-brood Edge either had the tag division or good storylines to keep him over. Cody has had great gimmicks to keep him over since he first started doing the Dashing thing.
i disagree here. i think La Familia was terrible on paper, great in execution. i think E+C was insane on paper (what would it even be on paper? Canadian surfer dudes?). the Lita storyline... putting a real personal feud into kayfabe... was certainly risky.

the dashing gimmick is awful as a concept. wrestler who wears lip gloss and is vain? Cody ran with it and made it work though, same with the mask gimmick, which is nothing new, but he made it work better than other people i've seen with it.

JTG was treated like the loser of the feud with Shad, even though he won the blow off match. Ever since he hasn't been given so much as a picture in picture promo.

Jinder had the misfortune of coming into the company attached to a Khali storyline, which he lost because someone thought they needed an Indian storyline to hook the India audience. Austin/Rock/Foley/anyone wouldn't even be able to make that work.

And those are just two guys still in the company. Do you think Cabana and Low Ki were also at fault for "not having character"?
i think Colt Cabana himself recognises why he didn't get over in the WWE and I've never heard him say it was because he was given a terrible character. Cabana could have made the Scotty Goldman character work if he'd been given the chance, and he wasn't. it happens.

JTG has had plenty of time to get over and just hasn't.

mentioning people who were with the WWE for much less time who were released, doesn't really do anything for JTG who has been back with the WWE now for four years. Low Ki got half a year. should they have given him more oppurtunities? absolutely. was there anything wrong with the Kaval gimmick? not that I can see.

is it similar to the situation with JTG? not at all.

Jinder I think has potential and I'm not one of the ones calling for his release... but Austin, Rock, Foley et al, would have done fine in that spot.

G-Fex

but....but he....left Paul in a freezer.

And how can he possibly have a wife when Triple H and X-Pac said his little Kane was burnt off.

Top Bottom