• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

there are UFC welterweights bigger than Bryan. let that soak in for a minute.

*minute passes* Don't care.

Seriously, the best parts in all the action movies was when the smaller guys get the upper hand against the monsters ala the great Brad Pitt v Nathan Jones match of 2003.

Edit: always get the new page on my phone....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
*minute passes* Don't care.

Seriously, the best parts in all the action movies was when the smaller guys get the upper hand against the monsters ala the great Brad Pitt v Nathan Jones match of 2003.

You crazy man. The best parts are when the little guy gets thrown around!

I think it's too late for Batista. I like the guy, but if you can't get universally cheered in your hometown, and the company was expecting a 100% huge babyface reaction there, he's damaged goods. Even Meltzer, who's been very forgiving to Batista, said "Whatever he used to have, he doesn't have it anymore."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Punk's face run is actually a great example of shattering the illusion to me. Remember when they had him acting all badass like 'IMA KNOCK YOU OUT' 'IM DA KICKIN GUY' and it just came off as some kid practicing karate that thinks he could do it for reals.

When Punk's character only works because he outsmarts people. That's his whole thing, but now he's supposed to be this badass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I take it you hated Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

? That's a video game, totally different

I love shmups that are based on powerups. I love getting a giant wave of bullshit to smash through all the little things, and then a battle of the big bosses.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've only watched 2 minutes of this Horace vs Vincent match.

and I want to drink some drano and wipe it form my memory. This is why Stro can watch the WCW stuff. He only gets drunk. This shit makes me want to end myself.

? That's a video game, totally different

I love shmups that are based on powerups. I love getting a giant wave of bullshit to smash through all the little things, and then a battle of the big bosses.

It offers the same experience, it's totally the same. I guess you only like empowerment. Which does not surprise me at the slightest.

You described Summer 2013 Daniel Bryan with that shmup description. Something you ain't telling me Vince.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It offers the same experience, it's totally the same. I guess you only like empowerment. Which does not surprise me at the slightest.

You described Summer 2013 Daniel Bryan with that shmup description. Something you ain't telling me Vince.

iQMw2v1Qbgyln.gif

kiguel182

Size is only an issue if the booking of the match makes it unrealistic.

I had no problem watching Bryan vs Orton or Bryan vs Cena. They played off the size differences well enough.

It can be distracting but that's not always the case.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love mic'd Raven in matches

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Benoit snot rocket taunt was so stupid. That's like something a Vampiro or someone should do not the wrestling guy

small guys work better as heels, the booking of cheating to win is far more realistic than "unknown power feeds the underdog and leads him to victory". that's some Dragon Ball shit right there.

the size difference in some cases is ridiculous. Bryan somehow being a challenge to Orton is hilarious. i've seen enough legit MMA/kickboxing fights where tiny dudes beat huge hosses but usually requires the hosses to be barely mobile, like Giant Silva or Zuluzinho.

shit, i'd have an easier time buying Bryan beating and submitting the fuck out of Khali than having some sort of offence on Orton or HHH.

Marvel

could never
small guys work better as heels, the booking of cheating to win is far more realistic and "unknown power feeds the underdog and leads him to victory". that's some Dragon Ball shit right there.

I agree with this.

2012 Bryan was amazing to me and made sense, slimebag heel fitted him so well.

strobogo

Banned
Bryan looks legit against big guys because he's doing it with strikes and submissions, not throwing them around. He's hitting dudes really hard and putting them in holds, which MMA has proven is is a pretty viable way to stop bigger guys. I buy Bryan's kicks and elbows a whole lot more than Rey's kicks.

Xbone Titanfall bundle is 450 on the Microsoft store. Someone convince me not to jump on that today.

Go for it! We can be friends.

No WWE Network app right out of the gates for the Amazon Fire TV. Would have bought it today if it were.

I have way to many devices that stream already and don't need any more. I wish WWE Network app on Xbox and Apple TV was better. iPad seems to have the best device experience.

small guys work better as heels, the booking of cheating to win is far more realistic than "unknown power feeds the underdog and leads him to victory". that's some Dragon Ball shit right there.

the size difference in some cases is ridiculous. Bryan somehow being a challenge to Orton is hilarious. i've seen enough legit MMA/kickboxing fights where tiny dudes beat huge hosses but usually requires the hosses to be barely mobile, like Giant Silva or Zuluzinho.

shit, i'd have an easier time buying Bryan beating and submitting the fuck out of Khali than having some sort of offence on Orton or HHH.

You act like we're dealing with Spike Dudley here. You're also forgetting that this is WWE. Thinking realistically is something that escapes them. Honestly it's the MMA talking Lambda, c'mon son.

Wrestling needs to be more like Dragon Ball to be honest with you.

Bryan looks legit against big guys because he's doing it with strikes and submissions, not throwing them around. He's hitting dudes really hard and putting them in holds, which MMA has proven is is a pretty viable way to stop bigger guys. I buy Bryan's kicks and elbows a whole lot more than Rey's kicks.
It's also because he works so much faster than the big guys, so he can run circles around them dodging their offence while hitting them with kicks and flying at them when necessary and locking in holds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Malenko & Benoit vs Saturn & Raven has the most beautiful lariat to crossface to rings of saturn transition I've ever seen

here's the closest thing to a real life Bryan:

5'11 235lb Pettas vs 7'1 315lb Kim

iboqNxfNmYkQvk.gif

mind you, this only happened cause Kim gassed hard and was slow as hell.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing that they put the strap on Flair in WCW looking the way he did.

He was only 50 and he looks like somebody's grandpa.

strobogo

Banned
So far, Wrasslegaf is proving to either be the most religious or most atheist community on GAF, because Backlash 2006 is running away with the vote.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vincent seems really proud of his 'lift up on the turnbuckle so the guy doesn't hit him' spot.

He's done it 3 weeks in a row so far.

Edit: This fucking dork would tuck in his shirt.

Speaking of Big Sexy, Roman really, really needs some more offensive moves outside of the outside ring drop kick, superman punch, headbutt, and that big forearm move he has. His solo matches have basically been him getting beat up the first half of the match and he gets a headbutt and maybe a punch followed by superman punch, drop kick, interference and lastly the spear. He should probably be tagging with Dean and letting Rollins get the singles run. Ugh, I say that, but I like the Architect and the Maniac together as a tag team.

kiguel182

So far, Wrasslegaf is proving to either be the most religious or most atheist community on GAF, because Backlash 2006 is running away with the vote.

Clearly the GOAT Vince match.
It was also my vote

Yup, Bryan works as a small guy because is offense looks good against any size. It doesn't break the immersion like the 619 does for example.

Also, this whole MMA talk makes no sense. This is pro wrestling. It isn't suppose to be realistic, if I wanted realistic fighting I would watch MMA. It just needs to look half believable like a movie. And Bryan does that.

Top Bottom