• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

It's weird how delightful Stone Cold is on his podcast. He's basically always positive and doesn't talk down to the audience (or get pissy when outsiders use industry talk). I'm from and live in South Texas so I recognize the random location references also. It's a really great show.

This. I listened to my FIRST Stone Cold podcast today at it was pretty damn good. It's super weird to hear Stone Cold do a live read about LegalZoom but the rest was damn funny. I was listening to his 100th podcast and was busting a gut listening to his story about having to piss on the freeway and pissing it a bottle and dumping it out the window in the middle of traffic. He also had a great story about why he quit doing chew. I'm glad I started listening to it.

2:45 until New Japan;

NJPW, "WATARU INOUE RETIREMENT MEMORIAL", 2014.04.02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

18:30 Japan | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 04:30 Central | 02:30 West Coast

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka)
2. Ryusuke Taguchi & El Desperado vs KUSHIDA & BUSHI
3. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
4. Yuji Nagata, Super Strong Machine & Captain New Japan vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
5. Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima) & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI)
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata

They're never coming back, are they? No more photos, no more matches, no more running around shirtless, no more being the light of AJ's life.

...Kaitlyn's never coming back, and I have to accept this.
iY0LBPV.gif

GONE FOREVER

Dragonzord is my favorite WrassleGAF feminist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HIKUb7a.gif

Everybody's high on consolation
Everybody's trying to tell me what is right for me
I need a drink and a quick decision
Now it's up to me, woo, what will be

She's gone oh I, oh I, oh I
I'd better learn how to face it
She's gone oh I, oh I'd
I'd pay the devil to replace her
She's gone, oh I, what went wrong

Get up in the morning look in the mirror
I'm worn as her tooth brush hanging in the stand
My face ain't looking any younger
Now I can see love's taken her dirty toll on me

She's gone, oh I, oh I, oh I

Think I'll spend eternity in the city
Let the carbon and monoxide choke my thoughts away
Pretty bodies help dissolve the memories
They can never be what she was to me

I'm talkin' to myself

Browny

Banned
I completed my Wrestlemania picks - although I'm expecting a huge swerve in the Jobbers Battle Royale. If I had more confidence, I would've picked Razor Ramon...

The rest picks itself.

Early Raws look quite bad - are jobber matches worse than Russo bookings though?

You know what, Eva Marie is just one of those girls that simply looks better in video than in pictures. When it's a still pic, her jawline and awful tan really just shows but when you see her talking into a camera (albeit completely muted) or see her in gif form she's actually quite lovely.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what, Eva Marie is just one of those girls that simply looks better in video than in pictures. When it's a still pic, her jawline and awful tan really just shows but when you see her talking into a camera (albeit completely muted) or see her in gif form she's actually quite lovely.

I'm sorry, but when you see Eva Marie in video she tends to be talking and by god she fits every stereotype associated with hot but dumb bimbo's. She's just really really dumb.

In pictures however...
1tvb.jpg

hnnng

I meant when she's muted or gif'd but....ok that's like one pic where she looks great. But that one photo shoot with her and the pool, just did nothing for me. Just your average Maxim model. And I mean that within the Paige's and AJ's and Emma's and Queen Renee's in the world who go beyond looks.

But yes, if I ever knew her mutually, you better believe I'd think she's the shit.

I wish WWE built the marquee of Taker vs Brock as Symphony of Death vs Symphony of Destruction so we could get a Wrestlemania entrance of a badass symphony & choir for Taker and Megadeth at the-dwindled-enough-popularity needed to do a wrasslin' show. They'd fit with prior absurd rock entrances.

Marvel

could never
I'm still #TeamNo though. He may beat Hunter but I'm confident in saying Bryan aint walking out of the triple threat match with the titles. Those are Big Dave's...

Hope I don't lose my avatar lol.

God, I just had a dream that there was an article on WWE.com about Adam Rose's original theme song coming back after they sorted out the rights issue because the NXT Universe was so upset by the switch. Ha ha.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wish the WWE would do a new 18+ wrestling program on the Network. Just a completely different organization, seperate roster, put Paul E in charge of booking. I want all the fuck you's and shit in the world in those promo's.

Guzim

If you want more proof that JR is a poor interviewer, listen to his latest podcast with DDP. Just tosses in random stories or forced comments to get a word in. Pretty awkward to listen to for me. :-/

Does JR make fun of WCW the entire time?

I picked Sting to win the battle royal, I'm gonna be so happy when he wins that and comes out to celebrate with my boy D-Bry later on after he wins the title. :D

Sting and Undertaker hoist D-Bry on their shoulders while the confetti of happiness is everywhere.

WM moment.

I felt like Hunter was almost mocking Bryan on RAW, akin to HBK overselling Hogan

yep. i saw the gifs and he looked like an 80s comedy jobber taking bumps. super smart stuff, since all you remember about that segment was not the Bryan beatdown but the hilarious HHH bumping.

I felt like Hunter was almost mocking Bryan on RAW, akin to HBK overselling Hogan

He's bumped like that before during his heel runs. It's over the top, but it's to make the "babyface gets his hands on the dastardly heel" moment more exciting. HHH is the yelping animal that's been hounding Brine for weeks, and he's comically flipping and flailing around because what else would that animal do when you finally kick it away from your property?

Now I think back it's like the majority of late 2002-2003 HHH feuds had the go home show and/or pre match hype video contain Trips reeling on the ramp cradling his WHC while his opponent stood tall in the ring as the final visual before the PPV match.
So following this trend means that Bryan is gonna get the sledgehammer ending at Wrestlemania.

styl3s

It's weird how delightful Stone Cold is on his podcast. He's basically always positive and doesn't talk down to the audience (or get pissy when outsiders use industry talk). I'm from and live in South Texas so I recognize the random location references also. It's a really great show.
The only problem i have with the podcast is that he spends like 10 minutes through out the show pushing sponsored products. It's a little much at times.

The New Japan show was OK, only matches really worth bothering with are the Taguchi & Desperado vs KUSHIDA & BUSHI tag, which I really enjoyed, and the Tanahashi & Honma vs Goto & Shibata main event. The 10-man tag was good from what I saw, but I missed most of it.

Inoue's retirement ceremony was cool, Tanahashi & Nagata were pretty upset, but the crowd loved seeing Animal Hamaguchi (Inoue's trainer) and Inoue was really enjoying himself;

Inoue1.gif

Kaladin

The New Japan show was OK, only matches really worth bothering with are the Taguchi & Desperado vs KUSHIDA & BUSHI tag, which I really enjoyed, and the Tanahashi & Honma vs Goto & Shibata main event. The 10-man tag was good from what I saw, but I missed most of it.

Inoue's retirement ceremony was cool, Tanahashi & Nagata were pretty upset, but the crowd loved seeing Animal Hamaguchi (Inoue's trainer) and Inoue was really enjoying himself;

Inoue1.gif

Boots:

April 1st: A Wrestling Odyssey on April 4th, this Friday afternoon, will feature a variety of talent and match styles. To add to this diversity, the Drew Gulak vs. Timothy Thatcher CZW World Heavyweight Title Match will now be contested under British Rounds Rules. The bout will be scheduled for 6 five minute rounds, two pinfalls, two submissions, or one knockout to decide the winner. No closed fists allowed and you cannot advance on a downed opponent once contact is broken. Any rule infraction will result in a public warning. Three public warnings will result in a disqualification. Gulak and Thatcher recently had a pure wrestling classic in FIP, now we will see the rematch at A Wrestling Odyssey with these classic rules.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's kind of a bummer about the Inoue show being really tepid, but I do love retirement ceremonies so I won't feel jilted.

SMVOD have put up the CHIKARA Season 14 Premiere for pre-order and if you do so in April it'll only be $12.99 instead of $16.99;

CHIKARA - You Only Live Twice - 2014.05.25

Well that's kind of a bummer about the Inoue show being really tepid, but I do love retirement ceremonies so I won't feel jilted.

I wasn't expecting much and, judging by the lack of people watching the show live, most western fans weren't either - but if you're a fan of Honma I'm sure you'll really enjoy the main event. Dude worked his ass off. Also, KUSHIDA & El Desperado kicked ass in their tag match - I sorta sensed a rivalry building between them, which would be awesome, as they showed they can work well together with some great back-and-forth mat wrestling in the opening minutes and a few awesome high-spots later.

The opening match was pretty bad - the young lion's struggled to get any offence in against Yano & Iizuka and neither of those guys seemed particularly inclined to sell for them. Liger & Tiger vs Jado & Gedo was fine, but never really got going, while Nagata & co. vs Suzuki-gun was fun but a match with lots of Captain New Japan and Super Strong Machine was never going to be anything special. The 10-man tag looked nuts from what I saw, but I only caught maybe 5-6 minutes of it.

Boots:

April 1st: A Wrestling Odyssey on April 4th, this Friday afternoon, will feature a variety of talent and match styles. To add to this diversity, the Drew Gulak vs. Timothy Thatcher CZW World Heavyweight Title Match will now be contested under British Rounds Rules. The bout will be scheduled for 6 five minute rounds, two pinfalls, two submissions, or one knockout to decide the winner. No closed fists allowed and you cannot advance on a downed opponent once contact is broken. Any rule infraction will result in a public warning. Three public warnings will result in a disqualification. Gulak and Thatcher recently had a pure wrestling classic in FIP, now we will see the rematch at A Wrestling Odyssey with these classic rules.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it - haven't seen much of Thatcher, but he seems pretty good and I'm a big fan of Gulak. Hopefully they can put on a great match, although the rounds style can sometimes be pretty awkward. I find it's like a 2/3 falls match, where there needs to be a good story tying the parts together, otherwise large parts of the match can feel pretty aimless.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's really only been four years? RIP Chris, I loved your work and I love you.

HIKUb7a.gif

Everybody's high on consolation
Everybody's trying to tell me what is right for me
I need a drink and a quick decision
Now it's up to me, woo, what will be

She's gone oh I, oh I'd

Get up in the morning look in the mirror
I'm worn as her tooth brush hanging in the stand
My face ain't looking any younger
Now I can see love's taken her dirty toll on me

Think I'll spend eternity in the city
Let the carbon and monoxide choke my thoughts away
Pretty bodies help dissolve the memories
They can never be what she was to me

I'm talkin' to myself

I could see Kaitlyn showing them off once her husband's steroid business dies off....

Kaladin

If you want to see some women wrestling a match that isn't a clusterfuck:

SHIMMER 62 - Saturday, April 5th - 4pm EST, 3pm CST

SHIMMER Championship Match - 2 Out of 3 Falls - 90 Minute Time Limit
Cheerleader Melissa defends vs. LuFisto

It's on WWNLive this weekend.

Top Bottom