• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

kiguel182

Bo doesn't need Paul. He will get tons of heat just being Bo. You can bolieve that.

Also, that report about Punk just shows how much he struggle to get to where he got and, even after that, they still didn't gave him a chance until he turned heel. And that was just to drop the belt to The Rock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know much about Devitt outside of those awesome pics and that he's Irish. He's gonna be the next Hornswaggle* guy fella.

*Hornswaggle is basically a movie star now. He had a critically acclaimed performance in the latest Muppets movie where he sang AND danced. He also got to touch Tina Fey.

If you have time, you should totally watch this Devitt match. It's a good showcase as to why he's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwASBS424M

Striker

No, guys like HBK were not in it, that be stupid.
So it's just bitterness, like I said, to guys who weren't necessarily WWE made or made later comments on how poor the WWE runs things (Jericho, Foley).

Foley? Well he had to hang it up early but no one forced him to wrestle like that.
Regardless if that's how you feel, he made huge moments in that era of wrestling and pushed Hunter to the next level. Facing the likes of Rock and Foley makes that type of heel.

John Cena will be receiving a massive push going in to WrestleMania 21. John’s overall reputation is very good; he comes across as a nice guy that gets along with everyone, and doesn’t cause any problems. However, his shortcoming remains his in-ring work, which hasn’t progressed at the pace many had hoped.

Cena was always open about his need to improve his in-ring skills, however lately he hasn’t been taking part in in-ring workouts before shows very often. “He doesn’t train hard enough to get better,” says one WWE source. “He’s been told to step it up.”

In-ring workouts are common among rookies in the business and veterans tutoring them, Undertaker, Kurt Angle are usually involved in helping the less experienced wrestlers. Ricky Steamboat also has been helping lately.

Cena did take part in an in-ring workout before last week’s Smackdown taping in Little Rock, but wrestlers noted how he hadn’t been doing that often enough. “Once you get to this level,” says one wrestler, “the scrutiny goes up ten-fold. He wants to improve, but he should go in there and ask for suggestions and tips. He has to be doubling his efforts to improve at this point in order to avoid criticism from others.”

However, to Cena’s credit, he does have a good reputation for studying tapes of his matches when he gets home.

In a recent interview with the Daily News, Steve “Sting” Borden confirms he has been in talks with WWE. “It is true that we have spoken recently,” Borden tells the Daily News. But he also shoots down possibilities of signing by saying,” What kind of message does that send to the 5-6-7-8-9-10-year-old tuning in to see the Stinger and he has to see stuff like that?” While there is chance of Sting signing as long as he’s in a role that’s more family friendly, don’t expect it to happen anytime soon.

jmdajr

So it's just bitterness, like I said, to guys who weren't necessarily WWE made or made later comments on how poor the WWE runs things (Jericho, Foley).

Regardless if that's how you feel, he made huge moments in that era of wrestling and pushed Hunter to the next level. Facing the likes of Rock and Foley makes that type of heel.

Absolutely. None of that can't be denied.

Anyhow great video package. While it made me more LOL than rage I think it pissed off enough people, so THAT'S GOOD!

9/13/2004
* The original plan for the Randy Orton vs. Triple H match at Unforgiven was for Orton to walk away as the champion, and become a long-term champion. The reason behind the change is that WWE feels Orton can be more effective as a contender, rather then holding the title. Management feels that Orton is not over enough as a face to hold the World Title. The plan is to have him chase after the title and begin to build up fan support.

replace orton with bryan

9/28/2004
* Shane McMahon was not backstage at Unforgiven, which was surprising to many, because Shane attends all PPV’s and RAW events that follow them the next night. Many backstage like to keep a close eye on Shane, because it was believed for a long long time that Shane would be running the company by the ago of 40. However, more and more it looks as though his sister Stephanie and Triple H are looking like they will be running the company in the future. As of now, Stephanie has much more power than Shane as far as things go with the WWE at this point.

10 years later

Sephzilla

No.2 isn't so bad.

B+ heel

Honestly, I grew tired of HHH as a heel well before I grew tired of Vince. Partially because Vince seemed a lot more open to letting himself get beat up or openly losing battles within his feuds. With HHH it always seemed like when he did lose it was very rarely clean, or even if it was he'd come out the next night and have some 20 minute promo about how he's still the game and the best and how it doesn't matter if _______ got a fluke win.

* Chris Jericho has been very vocal in the pre-RAW meetings lately and has said the wrestlers deserve credit for the business and strong ratings the RAW brand has received lately. He was later scolded for this as one wrestler stated, “Triple H doesn’t want anyone getting public credit for anything other than himself.” Obviously, the political atmosphere in the RAW locker room remains strong as does HHH’s influence.
HHHEEL

kiguel182

HHH is a great heel but this whole "burying" thing does more harm than good.

I mean, saying that Bryan is a B+ is all good because gives him the chance to win the belt and prove he is worth it. But HHH uses the B+ term in a "you are ugly and small and we can't market you" and that's not something Bryan can prove kayfabe wise.

I mean being "the man" has nothing to do with the talent of the performer since Vince is the one that chooses "the man". When HHH says those guys weren't nothing he is just saying their titles and story meant nothing and while that might be true in some cases doesn't make sense in kayfabe.

Winning the title should be the "you are good" trophy but HHH brings out other cards that wrestlers can't argue against. He just shoots on everyone while being on a pedestal. Even if he loses to Bryan it doesn't matter because he already proved that that is irrelevant to the company as a whole.

At least when he feud with Punk he allowed Punk to shoot at him to. But know is just to one-sided.

strobogo

Banned
Poor Dave probably could have saved a lot of time in his life if he didn't write sentences like "looks like x are looking like" and "As of now, Stephanie has more power at this point".

Sephzilla

The whole "Win the WWE Title = Face of the Company" thing loses a lot of its value as part of a storyline if, in reality, Cena is still the guy doing all of the real 'company face' things.

kiguel182

The whole "Win the WWE Title = Face of the Company" thing loses a lot of its value as part of a storyline if, in reality, Cena is still the guy doing all of the real 'company face' things.

That's what screwed Punk.

But they could at least give him the champion the top spot on TV, even if Cena still did the most media rounds and all of that.

If Cena is going to be the main man on the show at least give him the title. I'm going to have to endure him either way but they wouldn't devaluate it at least.

jmdajr

Let's all just pretend, ok? Unless you want Cena back in the title picture.

strobogo

Banned
I miss the days when Warrior and Savage could go on talk shows in character and in wrestling gear and no one batted an eye at it.

Zach

Finally finished watching McMemphis...

PLJd3Kw.png

Good times.

Sephzilla

I just wish they'd actually try to elevate someone else into Cena's position and give someone else a shot. I still firmly believe that if someone else got the same amount of merchandising and pushing that Cena routinely gets they'd end up being the top seller of the company as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just wish they'd actually try to elevate someone else into Cena's position and give someone else a shot. I still firmly believe that if someone else got the same amount of merchandising and pushing that Cena routinely gets they'd end up being the top seller of the company as well.

Those Yes shirts won't sell themselves

jmdajr

I think after they see all the shit Cena does in and out of the ring, they might not want to.

I can't imagine Orton is doing it now, so he's still not the guy.

Once they find a dude who is willing to, then he'll really be THE GUY.

Miz tried but didn't have it in the ring. Still, it got him a main event.

kiguel182

The "Everybody taps" shirt is still Bryan's best with the original YES as a close second.

Hopefully my memory will erase all the goat related merch they made for him. So bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The "Everybody taps" shirt is still Bryan's best with the original YES as a close second.

Hopefully my memory will erase all the goat related merch they made for him. So bad.

It ain't over yet my friend. They're still pushing the Goat image.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for this. Almost didn't watch when I realized it it was a triple threat match but glad I did. I know you sent this to me for Devitt, but the Asian was also great.

Ibushi's pretty fantastic, I really enjoy his matches.

Low Ki is great in the ring but it always boils down to this:
DSTxM10.jpg

Top Bottom