• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
qdop.gif

If only.

The New Japan show was OK, only matches really worth bothering with are the Taguchi & Desperado vs KUSHIDA & BUSHI tag, which I really enjoyed, and the Tanahashi & Honma vs Goto & Shibata main event. The 10-man tag was good from what I saw, but I missed most of it.

Inoue's retirement ceremony was cool, Tanahashi & Nagata were pretty upset, but the crowd loved seeing Animal Hamaguchi (Inoue's trainer) and Inoue was really enjoying himself;

Inoue1.gif

I'm curious: why're Tana and Nagata upset?

Aiii

So not worth it
As noted, Paul Heyman spoke with Billy Donnelly of ThisIsInfamous.com to promote WWE's WrestleMania XXX.

Heyman was asked if there are any new "Paul Heyman Guys" that are ready to break out. Heyman said he's already signed a new "Paul Heyman Guy" but wouldn't give any more details and seemed like he may have just been teasing. Heyman was asked if their identity will remain quiet. Heyman replied:

"Oh no! We’re going to broadcast his identity and we’re going to publicize and promote it and present it and market it and make as big a splash as humanly possible regarding this new Paul Heyman guy."

I bet it's Johnny Curtis.

I'm curious: why're Tana and Nagata upset?

Tanahashi debuted at the same time as Inoue (the same show, in fact) - they came through the dojo together and were pitted against each other for a lot of their early career and I guess they are good friends. As for Nagata, when Inoue returned from his learning excursion as a young lion, Nagata took him under his wing and became his mentor for much of his New Japan career.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reminds me of when Minoru Tanaka seemed like he was gonna be a big deal. Weird how many NJPW guys just sort of vanish

Don't listen to Bronson, he's Ian Rotten's no.1 fan.

Reminds me of when Minoru Tanaka seemed like he was gonna be a big deal. Weird how many NJPW guys just sort of vanish

Tanaka quit, didn't he? New Japan could definitely use a guy like him right now, with few credible opponents for Ibushi.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I miss Milano.

He'd be a great opponent for Okada until they had Okada beat him clean like everyone else on the planet

Kaladin

I'm designing a sticker for my blog to give out to people, there is a lot to this......more than just throwing a logo together for sure.

jmdajr

So did anyone feel bad for anyone HHH buried in that video?

If anyone maybe Booker T.

The likes of Steiner,RVD,Hardy... nah.

edit: was Taz in there? I think it was missing, which is too bad :(

strobogo

Banned

Should have just put the ECW logo in there since he beat the ECW champion in like 5 minutes.

Striker

I didn't see it, but were guys like Batista, Michaels, and Orton in there? Seeing the likes of Goldberg, Jericho, Foley, RVD, and Hardy doesn't surprise me considering they're either recently in TNA or spoke poorly on WWE's decision making (Jericho, Goldberg, Foley).

Seems more bitter than anything. Also:

"Here's the thing, Daniel. I've seen guys like you come and go a million times. Guys like Jericho, Edge, Rob Van Dam. All guys that are very talented, don't get me wrong. Top guys! Very popular! But not "the one." Never were they "the one." And maybe nobody wants to say this, but it needs to be said: It's a fact. If any of those guys had been the face of the WWE back in the day, we'd all be working for Ted Turner right now," said Hunter.
Jericho did fire back saying "It's just Triple H being Triple H". WWE revisionist history that Hunter was on the level of Austin and Rock.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hopefully this whole "new Paul Heyman guy" works better than last time...

See, I figured the Curtis Axel experiment would have taught them not to use "Paul Heyman guy" as a gimmick to try and get someone over. They might have just chalked that up to Curtis Axel being Curtis Axel though.

Sokantish

See, I figured the Curtis Axel experiment would have taught them not to use "Paul Heyman guy" as a gimmick to try and get someone over. They might have just chalked that up to Curtis Axel being Curtis Axel though.

I don't mind because I don't want Paul Heyman to go away when Brock does. He needs to be on RAW full time!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Don't know what you're talking about, Axel is the future according to legends

kiguel182

It felt really forced but maybe it was because Axel just didn't have "it". The whole push he got was kind of strange given the performer. Beating top guys and then kind of disappearing.

I guess one more try can't hurt. Maybe with someone that can get a reaction this time.

jmdajr

I didn't see it, but were guys like Batista, Michaels, and Orton in there? Seeing the likes of Goldberg, Jericho, Foley, RVD, and Hardy doesn't surprise me considering they're either recently in TNA or spoke poorly on WWE's decision making (Jericho, Goldberg, Foley).

Jericho did fire back saying "It's just Triple H being Triple H". WWE revisionist history that Hunter was on the level of Austin and Rock.

HHH is one of the greatest HEEL's the WWE will ever have. Not too concerned about Austin/Rock. He made his mark and every wrestling fan knows who is now and forever.

No, guys like HBK were not in it, that be stupid. The point is D./Bry is being relegated to "also ran", but never quite made it. Sure it's a jab to Angle and Jericho because they did make it but I have no problem with it. Come back to WWE and prove you still care if it's that big a deal.

Jeff? I don't think anyone feels too bad for meth hardy.
RVD? he doesn't give a fuck about any of that. time to smoke pot.
Steiner? Entertaining for all the wrong reasons.
Foley? Well he had to hang it up early but no one forced him to wrestle like that.
Taz? Lol.

journey back to 2005

http://wrestlingonearth.com/dirt-sheet-history-summer-2005/

WWE up-and-comer CM Punk was trashed backstage recently by veterans Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Michael Hayes, according to the Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer.

The trio was watching one of his matches and began dissecting it immediately. They reportedly commented spitefully of Punk being unable to get over and wrestling as if he were performing a “simulated match” rather than working one.

Paul Heyman is said to be in awe of CM Punk and thought he’d fit in well backstage, but that doesn’t seem to be the case in recent weeks. Some inside sources even went as far as to say that Punk would have been disliked regardless of whether he was a good worker or not. Due to the fact that he isn’t extremely well known, has no outstanding gimmick or isn’t some sort of fine physical specimen, many wrestlers seem to give him the third degree.

warrior on triple H
Well, Paul, own up little, puffy man. You tried to replicate everything about me. So what you used a few more wrestling moves. Nobody cares and even fewer will remember. It was the Ultimate Warrior intensity and look you strove for ….. It’s a good thing Vince backed off the drug testing as he did because without them you wouldn’t have made muscle grade enough for the real freaks to even let you be one of their friends[B]. BTW, to get rid of the puffy look, get off the GH and train hard. Yeah, that’s right — train hard. Your body tells us all that you train like a tw*t and rely most on your “sports supplements.[/B]”

and jim ross
About Jim Ross:

Jimmie Ross. For the life of me, I don’t get what your beef (should I say pork?), Jimmie, is with the sane and happy ole’ Warriorman. Of course, I can only imagine that a whole hell of a lot of anal pressure must come with being one of Vince’s top *ss-wipes. Yet, still, can I ask — just when did you get to know me well enough to go on and on about me as you seem so fit to do? Can we substantiate some time period, here? Discussions or meetings that were held? Or is this too much to ask? I’m not the only one who’d like to know. Everyone is asking the same question: “Just when did Jim Ross get to know Warrior so well to have these endless opinions about him that he does?” All anyone can think of, largely because it is so apparent across the board throughout the entire DVD, is that, again, envy alone provides you (and everyone else for that matter) with the enlightenment and answers. You are obviously jealous of both the fact that I never let Vince have his way with me as he has with you and everyone else and, also, that you never had the chance to bend me over either since becoming the Mother Hen over the talent around about ‘96 when I was last there.

its devitt

Don't know much about Devitt outside of those awesome pics and that he's Irish. He's gonna be the next Hornswaggle* guy fella.

*Hornswaggle is basically a movie star now. He had a critically acclaimed performance in the latest Muppets movie where he sang AND danced. He also got to touch Tina Fey.

Top Bottom