• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Aquaman' Finds Its Black Manta with Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's going to ask for a part of Atlantis where black people can live.

An aside, but Yahya Abdul-Mateen II beat out Trevante Rhodes and Corey Hawkins for the role.

Corey Hawkins sucks so I'm glad he was passed on. Rhodes was amazing in moonlight tho but who knows if he could play a bad guy. This choice is good

OmegaX

Oh, the beauty of childlike wonder and innocence.
When I get Cassandra Cain as Robin in a movie, your dream of Kaldur will finally be realized.

TBH there aren't that many choices for Aquaman's sidekick if they decide to have one. Kaldur has a better chance to appear on a movie than some random Batgirl nobody cares about (and by that I mean DC).

Manta will seem like the main villain to Aquaman while Ocean Master pulls strings in the background. I think they could go two ways with this:

1. If the audience is shown early who Ocean Master really is, they'll kill him off and have Manta take over for the sequel.
2. If OM's identity is a mystery til the end, they'll kill off Manta and have him be the next big bad.
We they could kill both...
Corey Hawkins sucks so I'm glad he was passed on. Rhodes was amazing in moonlight tho but who knows if he could play a bad guy. This choice is good

They could always get Rhodes for GL

Slayven

Do you think when Atlanteans watch Planet Earth they marvel at the land episodes? Do terrestrial creatures freak them the hell out?

Then for the sequel they can get some of Aquaman's other classic rogues, like...

Yes Atlantis has Land loving weeboos

3544485-aquamanv3-54-00.jpg

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'm gonna guess Ocean Master isn't gonna be a bad guy in this one? Also, hopefully this leads to Mantis being in SS2. And SS2 not sucking.

Orm works best as a JL villian that pits Arthur in the middle of a human/Atlantis war with the whole JL involved.

Lifeline

I really hope Ocean Master isnt just a evil for the sake of evil guy, I remember liking him and his reasoning in the Throne of Atlantis arc.

It's pretty weird for me when thinking that Aquaman in the comic, a blonde white boy had a black guy as his archvillain.

Same with Shazam, with the bonus of the villains even having Black in their name.

opricnik

Banned
Who else is betting when Aquaman will be star of JLeague WB will panic and will want to make his movie be released asap next year to get money?

TBH there aren't that many choices for Aquaman's sidekick if they decide to have one. Kaldur has a better chance to appear on a movie than some random Batgirl nobody cares about (and by that I mean DC).

I guess you're right, but with our luck, we'll probably see Tempest or Aquagirl (she's a thing, right?) before we ever see Kaldur.

a916

Was worried he wouldn't be in the movie... James Wan about the only sure bet for director after Affleck dropped out.

Excited about this... this is the first movie from the ground up since Johns took over.

I really hope Ocean Master isnt just a evil for the sake of evil guy, I remember liking him and his reasoning in the Throne of Atlantis arc.

Same with Shazam, with the bonus of the villains even having Black in their name.
Black Adam is from a different time—a time when he couldn't be just Adam but had to also have a qualifier slapped onto his name.

a916

The future of the DC Cinematic Universe rests in this movie. An AQUAMAN movie. Let that sink in.

Put it into production ASAP... this is the first movie done wholly after BvS and after Johns took over. If it's in production they might see this thing out until the finish...

I hope this move ends up good, but you never know with DC and WB.

Black Adam is black? I never thought him as black once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom