• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arby's Is Market Testing a Venison Sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I beat Xia to fast food news.

MSN: Arby's Takes a Stab At Venison Sandwiches

Arby's venison sandwich features a thick-cut venison steak and crispy onions with a berry sauce on a toasted roll, according to the company.

The new sandwich will be offered for a limited time at 17 Arby’s restaurants across the country. According to the company, the locations were chosen in heavy deer hunting areas in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Georgia.

569fpstr1.jpg

Sounds delicious IMO, I wish it was coming to my area.

I want to try it. I don't have much venison anymore but we used to have chili and jerky every winter. I didn't love it, but it's good.

LQX

Ugh, I would not eat at a fast food restaurant that served venison and beef side by side. I would not want my beef to be touching this thing.

Ya killin' me Arby's, but, like Burger King, I've been enjoying your experiments, so I will be trying this as well. As a matter of fact, I might go get me another Pork Belly Sandwich for lunch.

Reckheim

damn, that sounds good.

Just out of curiosity, why are some people in this thread against having the meat stored beside the beef? I understand why you wouldn't eat it but its not like its going to effect the beef.

I wish there were Arby's within reasonable driving distance. They advertise consistently, but I just don't feel like driving that long for a beef n' cheddar.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
My Methodist Church as a kid was packed with hunters and they would bag so many deer during hunting season we'd have Venison dinners. Venison chili, Venison Sausages, Venison burgers, Venison jerky and so on. It was incredible.

_Ryo_

I'm pretty sure the sale of deer meat is illegal in my state. (VA) Anyway,when in high school I remember people always eating homemade deer jerky... (Rural area, lots of farms) Was disgusting. I hated deer meat in any form.

geardo

Not only do I live in one of those states, but there's and Arby's just down the road from me. Let's do this.

I would give the berry sauce a chance. BURGERFI has this newish 'CEO Burger' that has a pretty good candied bacon-tomato jam, and my brain is telling me the berry sauce might taste similar. It's $10 though so it's a bit pricy for a fast food burger. It has tasty Wagyu beef at least.

I'm pretty sure the sale of deer meat is illegal in my state. (VA) Anyway,when in high school I remember people always eating homemade deer jerky... (Rural area, lots of farms) Was disgusting. I hated deer meat in any form.

I live in VA and I just saw some for sale this past weekend.

Ugh, I would not eat at a fast food restaurant that served venison and beef side by side. I would not want my beef to be touching this thing.

LOL

_Ryo_

I live in VA and I just saw some for sale this past weekend.

Weird, I've never seen any and was always told it was illegal. Ah well, I still wouldn't eat it.

Edit: http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-game-hunting/should-you-be-allowed-to-sell-venison/

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/...possess-sell-or-transport-wild-birds-and-wild

These sites would imply it is illegal for hunters to sale deer/other wild game in VA. I dunno if that excludes commercial busninesses. But if i remember correctly, there may have been a new hunting law passed in 2015.

I just remember all through my teens being told that it was illegal cause I asked why it was never in stores.

May very well be legal. Hmm.

ZOONAMI

So arbys is ramping up deer farms or what? I don't see how they would have the volume for this for a nationwide launch. Chronic wasting disease would be a major concern I would think too. I know a lot of deer and elk farms had to shut down because of it a few years back.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So arbys is ramping up deer farms or what? I don't see how they would have the volume for this for a nationwide launch. Chronic wasting disease would be a major concern I would think too. I know a lot of deer and elk farms had to shut down because of it a few years back.

Every morning they drive around collecting deer that were hit by cars from the side of the road for that days sandwiches

geomon

I would eat the fuck out of that.

Also, their Pork Belly sandwich is god tier. They need to make that a permanent menu item.

Piggus

Venison is amazing. Lots of people hunt around here, so I'm hoping it will be available.

EDIT: Nope, none of those locations are even remotely close. Time to go out and shoot a deer I guess.

Interesting. A lot of the men in my family are avid deer hunters, but it's been a while since I've actually been around it so I don't have a great recollection for what venison actually tastes like. Don't remember hating it, though. I live in one of those states so I might try it out.

I've had grilled buffalo steak served with a berry sauce and the flavors melded very well together.

So the combo of venison + berry isn't too far fetched.

Weird, I've never seen any and was always told it was illegal. Ah well, I still wouldn't eat it.

Edit: http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-game-hunting/should-you-be-allowed-to-sell-venison/

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/...possess-sell-or-transport-wild-birds-and-wild

These sites would imply it is illegal for hunters to sale deer/other wild game in VA. I dunno if that excludes commercial busninesses. But if i remember correctly, there may have been a new hunting law passed in 2015.

I just remember all through my teens being told that it was illegal cause I asked why it was never in stores.

May very well be legal. Hmm.

Hmm yeah I'm really not sure what the legality is. I saw deer steaks for sale at a tree farm but I didn't see any inspection labels or what not. Hmm...

I just had Arby's for the first time since I was like 9 last night (31 now).

I had no idea it was so good!? I never really hear about Arby's one way or the other so I wasn't sure what to expect, asked the girl at the counter what was on a classic roast beef and she was like "Just the meat and the bun" to which I replied "Just meat and bread? Sounds like my kind of sandwich sign me up!" also got some fries, 3-piece chicken strips, and mozzarella sticks to share with my GF, everything tasted amazing.

I've never eaten deer before but after last night's revelation that Arby's is actually legit tasty I'd probably be willing to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom