• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) Discussion Thread [JP date = 4th June]

3378562809_b809633bb0_o.png

3359938537_23a46d0d43_b.jpg

Developer: imageepoch
Publisher: Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
Platform: Wii
Release date: TBA
Genre: RPG
Rating: ESRB: Rating Pending

Plot:

Arc Rise Fantasia is set in the empire of Meridian. Creatures called "Contaminant Dragons" are causing a lot of trouble as they pass the Meridian in flocks. If you kill one, the resulting explosion poisons the local area. When the empire receives word that a massive horde has its sights on the capital of Diamant, it immediately sends out an army to fight against them, including Bright, a cool and collected novice mercenary, and his friend Alse, the bright and beloved prince and second in line for the throne. Bright is severely injured during the battle, but is saved at the last minute by a girl named Ryphia, a naive and reserved girl who has secrets in her past, possesses the power to control "ley squalls," naturally-occurring storms of magic that usually take the form of luminous rain. And another character named Adele, a Diamant magic instructor who seems to care about fashion just as much as her light-based offensive spells.

Development staff:

Producer (Marvelous Entertainment Inc.): Hideyuki Mizutani
Development Producer (imageepoch): Ryoei Mikage
Director (imageepoch): Hiroyuki Kanemaru (Various Tales games including Tales of Symphonia)
Scenario: Takumi Miyajima (Tales of the Abyss)
Composition/Music Director: Yasunori Mitsuda
Main Character Original Design: Kenichi Yoshida (Eureka 7)
Roguresu Design: Shin Nagasawa (Bahamut Lagoon)

Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_Rise_Fantasia

Geez, it's been two hours since someone else but I last posted in the Famitsu thread, and since I already double posted as is, I think it's best that we continue on in an official discussion thread. Which will no doubt be in use in a day or two when the official website opens and that clean scans show up on Friday I believe, so this thread will get plenty of use. :)

grandjedi6 said:
Have any pics been released for this game yet? Or is this a new reveal through famitsu?

Supposedly, there are scans of the game in Famitsu, but everyone refuses to post them.
Official screens will be up Friday.

Ydahs

I'm really interested. Hopefully the game looks good, as it's a sign the devs are putting in some effort.

How were the Luminous Arc games?

Yay for Yasunori Mitsuda being in this! :D Also, pretty nice list of people behind this game--much like World Destruction.

I liked Luminous Arc, so I'm hoping this one will deliver (Even though they're completely different, I'm guessing). Can't wait for more info.

AceBandage said:
Supposedly, there are scans of the game in Famitsu, but everyone refuses to post them.
I've seen the only scan, as far as I know, for the FAMItsu pages and it's only of the small title and character art... there's no game images...

Aeana

After seeing the magazine feature on this, I must say it does look impressive... but I'm not sure whether I'm actually interested in the game. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. If World Destruction turns out well, I'll probably be much more interested.

As for Mitsuda, I have a hunch that his role on the project will be similar to his role on Luminous Arc. Maybe Akari Kaida will contribute to this one, too. :O

Meesh

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, another rpg for Wii...Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales, that other dark end of the world one, can't remember the name...but yeah, I'm excited!

Teknoman

Evilink said:
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, another rpg for Wii...Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales, that other dark end of the world one, can't remember the name...but yeah, I'm excited!

Fragile?

bdouble

Just another one to watch for on the Wii. Liking the new IP's.

AceBandage said:

That is because you aren't allowed to post them here.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The gameplay part on the wikipedia page sounds pretty unique. Except the summons part anyway.
Wikipedia said:
The game is a turn-based RPG. There will be three-character parties, with a single AP gauge being shared by the team, which empties as various actions are performed. Multiple attacks are possible, as well as massive attacks that will drain a lot of AP. If team members use the same skills, those skills will be increased. There are also summon beasts in the game called "Roguresu", who serve as the speakers on all worldly matters in the game, help teach you throughout the game. What they teach you is not clear at this time.

I like the shared AP gauge part. Sounds like you'll have to use strategy to get the best out of your ap. Characters sound rather cliche though.

Fritz

The gameplay description sounds pretty awesome. Not overly complex but very strategic nonetheless. I wouldnt say the story sounds cliche just now, more like traditional. I also liked the art I've seen, but thats a matter of taste I guess.
Could someone tell me why its called project ray in the op?

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm not too keen on imageepoch being the developer, but the game does look nice.

And hey, more console JRPGs for all of us, especially since XSEED will (most likely) publish this in the West.

Arc Rise Fantasia is set in the empire of Meridian. Creatures called "Contaminant Dragons" are causing a lot of trouble as they pass the Meridian in flocks. If you kill one, the resulting explosion poisons the local area.

When the empire receives word that a massive horde has its sights on the capital of Diamant, it immediately sends out an army to fight against them, including Bright, a cool and collected novice mercenary, and his friend Alse, the bright and beloved prince and second in line for the throne.

Hmm. So far so good.

Bright is severely injured during the battle, but is saved at the last minute by a girl named Ryphia, a naive and reserved girl who has secrets in her past, possesses the power to control "ley squalls," naturally-occurring storms of magic that usually take the form of luminous rain. And another character named Adele, a Diamant magic instructor who seems to care about fashion just as much as her light-based offensive spells.

:( :( :( :( :(

Oh well, what did I really expect? I'm definitely interested otherwise.

Ydahs

Clean scans are up and the game looks bloody awesome :D

Can't wait for the website to launch and get direct-feed screens from Famitsu.

Fuck this game looks nice. duckroll was right about it being Eternal Sonata in SD. I just hope it plays well, I like the shared AP bar.

Nebur, delete them now!!!!!!

Dont feel the full force of duckroll!

---

As i said in other thread, the game looks very hot, i like it alot, style suits me but i kinda dislike the character designs, maybe they just have to grow on me.

SCANS AT THAT POPULAR NINTENDO SITE, MY JAW HAS HIT THE FLOOR! o_O

I'll be damned, Duckroll was right on the money in how great the game looks! o_O

Last edited by duckroll : Today at 11:52 AM. Reason: Here lies a Patriot, who provided scans for the world.

:lol :lol

That was an useless sacrifice, google is your "friend".

Anyway, looks at least interesting....,very interesting but looking at that concept image, I expected a more interesting art, and what I found is your normal RPG Fantasy shit...

Top Bottom